nuku_v

Ponyfinder

So I am mostly a DnD person and have only done a quick peak into Pathfinder's base so I didn't know anything really about Ponyfinder. However if I am correct they are making a DnD 5th conversion that I will certainly look into.

Ah well I just kind of want to see what kind of content they add. Looking through and creating homebrews is one of my favorite parts of DnD which is why I like fifth so much since it has a very simple but dedicated style to its system that makes homebrews very possible.

You know I just realized your wording. Thought I was just talking to someone interested in it not some who works on it. That would explain why this seemed like an off conversation

LOL I saw the avatar and I was like "Hey, isn't that...!"

Nice to see you on the boards here. You might remember me as shadowfalcon76 on other boards (like FimFic). I believe I've even met you at Nightmare Nights several times! I thoroughly enjoyed the Griffons of Everglow splat, and enjoyed reading your stories on FimFic. I like to think of those as the fluff most devs put into their books to flesh out the world, or bonus content found online. I especially like the dramatic irony of RD losing her wing years before the show did it. I saw that and immediately thought back to your story lol.

As for Pathfinder, I got the books way back when, but never got a chance to play it. While I would love to find people to play Ponyfinder with, it's kinda a niche atm for me, especially being a night shift worker as I am.

I've been into it for a long time, though only got to play a couple of play by post games on the Ponyfinder forums. I think I've supported every Kickstarter Silver Games has done.

Yeah Roll20 is your best bet for all online tabletop RPG's. I currently am in 2 games of 5th Edition, one I am the DM and another where I am the party's Paladin(well not anymore but that's a long story). While both of these are with friends that I know you can still find a decent game with extras on there.

I play in 2 Pathfinders a week and run a 5e for happy playtesting (that one is streamed live!).

I run one pathfinder a week in the real world.

Yeah, I keep forgetting I made an account on Roll20. My friends and I were looking for an online solution since we all live fairly far away from each other (while still being in the same set of cities next to each other; yeah, the D/FW Metroplex is that big), and we came to Roll20. Never ended up using it, and I never got around to looking more into it, but from what I saw in the tutorial, it looks good. just didn't have anyone else to play with it in.

I wish that I could get enough people together to get a Ponyfinder game running... and I wish even harder that if that happens, I don't have to GM. I kinda want to make a Path of War discipline for these native quadrupeds, but I don't know if I could make it remotely balanced.

The greatest problem for every RPG player, finding people to play with.

I would like to play a ponyfinder, just need to find people to play with.

I live in the Netherlands if any one is wondering about timezones.

The biggest trick being that most of them quietly say that and don't get together with everyone else with the same issue.

• Like 1

I'm looking for players for a Ponyfinder campaign. So far I have one player and I'd rather have 2-3 more before we start anything serious. We've had a one-on-one session and it worked well, but we could definitely use a few more players. No need for previous roleplaying experience. No budget required. All you need is a microphone, internet, 3 hours twice a month, and willingness to pony.

Anyone interested can find further details on our roll20 listing.
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/73910/ponyfinder

Or contact me here.

On 8/31/2016 at 3:36 PM, nuku_v said:

The biggest trick being that most of them quietly say that and don't get together with everyone else with the same issue.

My issue is that while I see plenty of posts saying someone was looking for people to play with, most of these are months or years old, so I don't know if they're still interested, or if they've already found a group, or if they still have time to play. So I'm a bit afraid of approaching people individually asking "Hey, I found your 6-month old post... are you still willing to play?"

Shameless plug alert!!! 

It's not Ponyfinder, but I'm running a Roleplaying is Magic campaign. My players seem to like it so far, but there's always room for an extra player or 2. We even have a blog (complete with art by Lemur, one of my players). https://forums.equestriadaily.com/index.php?/topic/2921-equestria-chronicles-a-roleplaying-is-magic-blog/

Hay there! Long-time D&D player here (I started with AD&D 1E back in the '80s). I've heard about Ponyfinder for a while now, but at first I assumed it was just a home-brew for Pathfinder. I've never played it, though we do have Tails of Equestria (the core rules and some additional stuff for it), mainly because my wife is a MLP collector as well as another gamer. Ponyfinder strikes me as the nearest real-world equivalent to Ogres & Oubliettes, not counting the O&O expansion for TOF.

I could be interested in Ponyfinder, but I'd probably have to find an on-line play-by-post game!

Hello! Ponyfinder has grown quite a bit since it started. It now does Pathfinder 1st edition, Pathfinder 2nd Edition, D&D 4th and 5th edition, and Starfinder. Ponyfinder is a setting, and an ever-widening collection of exotic racial options. We don't much mind which game you play it in.