Dennis Abernathy Harrison

Headcanons & Fan Theories

That Queen Faust/Fausticorn is Celestia and Luna's mother.  And there's a mystery third sibling who had Cadance. Oh how I wish we could get an ep involving the backstory of the High Princesses.

I also loved the idea that Dash and Scootaloo were sisters until the show confirmed that wasn't true.  I still like how that situation turned out, though.

Even though I'm not a Dr. Who fan (never even watched an episode) I do enjoy the Dr. Whooves and Derpy fan stuff, especially when it became canon in "Slice of Life".

I also like the speculation that Twilight's mother is the original Twilight.

And here's one that I haven't seen (which doesn't mean it's not out there):

Given that Discord was based on "Q" from Star Trek, and that show established that there are a whole bunch of other Q's out there, what if there are other Discords out there?

20 minutes ago, Jerry Modene said:

And here's one that I haven't seen (which doesn't mean it's not out there):

Given that Discord was based on "Q" from Star Trek, and that show established that there are a whole bunch of other Q's out there, what if there are other Discords out there?

What if Discord is another Q?

I like the fan theory that Discord's teaming up with Tirek was motivated by a desire to have Tirek's friendship. After all, he hardly needed Tirek to conquer Equestria.

• Like 1

There are so many interesting headcanons, tough to choose.

I've seen one idea that I liked so much that I used it myself, that Princess Amore is Cadance's mother, not just distant relative.

I am also a fan of Doctor Whooves/Time Turner and Derpy being a couple, and nothing will ever convince me that Dinky is not her daughter. :D

I still like the idea that Starlight Glimmer is Cadence and Shining Armor's kid from the future. (This was before Flurry Heart was seen or named)

Princess Celestia doesn't raise the sun, she moves the Earth. 

Sunset Shimmer is a Super Saiyan. 

The events of MMC happened in a pocket universe. 

5 hours ago, Sidral Mundet said:

I still like the idea that Starlight Glimmer is Cadence and Shining Armor's kid from the future. (This was before Flurry Heart was seen or named)

The old "Casey and Andy" comic strip dealt with the concept of a heroine being the future-daughter of two established characters.  The writer?  "Andy" is Andy Weir, the author of "The Martian".

My favorite headcanons and fan theories:

• Starswirl the Bearded is Discord
  • Sunset Shimmer is Sunburst and Starlight Glimmer's future child.
  • Luna will marry Batman. THEY ARE THE NIGHT!
  • Twilight is now immortal.
  • The Crystal Empire is Windigo territory, but the Crystal Heart holds them at bay.
  • Discord worked with Tirek rather than take over Equestria himself, which he could have done easily, because he thought he could have dominion and friendship.
  • All of the Pie sisters have a special and unique Forename Sense.
  • Celestia and Luna were "adopted" into the pre-existing royal families for political reasons, hence their being eternal Princesses.
  • Fausticorn is the mother of Celestia and Luna.
  • Dr. Whooves is The Doctor, or at least his counterpart in this universe.
  • Cheese Sandwich is this universes counterpart to Wreck-Gar.
  • That "positive energy" exists, since we know "negative energy" does, and the notion that it fuels certain powers, the Elements of Harmony, the Crystal Heart, Changelings, etc., much as the "negative energy" fuelled the Sirens.
  • The Elements of Harmony gave the Element of Magic wielder a power-boost to enhance their spells, rather than just making them insta-win.
  • Nightmare Moon, Midnight Sparkle and Demon Sunset Shimmer are all the same class of negative transformation.
  • Dr. Whooves and Derpy are friends, at the least.
  • Octavia and Vinyl Scratch come from backgrounds one would expect from the other.
  • Lyra Heartstrings is really into human stuff.
  • Trixie Lulamoon actually posses some unused aptitude for magic.
  • Big Mac is dissatisfied with himself, hence his times as a mare, alicorn and unicorn.
  • Everypony is at least a little bi-curious, at least the mares, as they appear to outnumber the stallions somewhat.
  • A main character is a secretly a changeling.
  • Batponies are their own pony race, or sub-race, that hail from caves.
  • Equestrian Guard armor can be enchanted to give a particular appearance to the wearer.
  • Thoraw is Chrysalis's son.
  • Scorpan is the one who gave Spike's egg to the ponies.
  • Like 1

Becoming an alicorn doesn't grant immortality. There are in fact two stages of alicorn; the first one is the granted one that Twilight and Cadence achieved. The second one is when the alicorn in question taps into the ley lines/energy of the world. This can be visually identified by the wavy mane. Luna had to reconnect to the natural energy after her long exile to the moon. This explains why she had no wavy mane right after being rid of Nightmare Moon, but why she has had one since.

-Scootaloo lives with her single father who works a lot to support his daughter

-Scootaloo and Fluttershy are somehow related

-Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon joined the Cutie Mark Crusaders

-Cadance and Twilight are not immortal 

-Flurry Heart is not a princess, only by title.

It's already been official that Twilight isn't immortal, as confirmed by Meghan McCarthy.

Of course, given this data, that's what is assumed. There's a second alternative, but one that the writers know would piss people off, and that's turning the rest of the mane six into alicorns.

28 minutes ago, David Coleman said:

It's already been official that Twilight isn't immortal, as confirmed by Meghan McCarthy.

Of course, given this data, that's what is assumed. There's a second alternative, but one that the writers know would piss people off, and that's turning the rest of the mane six into alicorns.

Technically there's a third option that's even less likely to happen, but still theoretically could: They could all be killed by the same thing. Now I'm almost positive there is no way in in hell that they'd do that, but it is technically another way to meet that definition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Coleman said:

I thought of that as well, but decided to ignore it.... I hate the thought of my favorite pony getting killed.

Probably a good call. I guess I'm too much of a nitpicker to not mention it, though...

• Like 1

#1: Starswirl the Bearded is a Great, Great, Grandfather to Twilight Sparkle. It's been so long since he lived and Twilight's been so busy that she's never done a proper genealogy study of her family tree.

#2: I'm also going with Revanche in that every pony is bi-curious. Opens romantic possibilities while not enforcing things either.

#3: Dinky is Derpy's daughter from a future Dr. Whooves, which is why Derpy gets along so well with the current day Dr. Whooves on their adventures. Instant attraction.

#4: Marble Pie has a quietly sinister edge to her personality, influenced by Limestone, but rarely showcases it due to her meek persona and the fact that she's never gotten to evolve through friendship like Fluttershy has so it appears far less than expected. Also Big Mac and Marble have a long distance relationship. Cheerilee is quietly plotting how to win Big Mac back to herself.

On 8/28/2016 at 4:10 AM, Dublyn Tea said:

And there's a mystery third sibling who had Cadance..

Blown out of the water.

One of the official story-books that came about the time after Cadance became a thing went into her backstory. Basically she ascended to Alicorn-hood after she saved her village from some magical threat with love. She was born a Pegasus. In the end she was basically adopted as royalty by Celestia.

Further holes could be poked through the alicorn birth theory given that everyone reacted to Flurry Heart with awe, wonder, and mystery. This has a trickle-down to the Mother Fausticorn fanon, and I think there was another  official book released where the framework was the journal of the two sisters. I haven't looked into it much but I don't think they were alicorns then.

On 9/4/2016 at 5:09 AM, Mike Marlowe said:

My only headcanon, which is as I know deconfirmed, is that somehow the Show universe and Comic universe are one in the same. Anything can be written together really.

Aha, but in the 17th episode of season six, Spike and Big Macintosh are playing the game 'Ogres & Oubliettes.' A game which first appeared (albeit transposed) in the comics!

Therefore absolutely everything that happened in the comics is show canon forever no take-backs.

:smugtrixie:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AaronMk said:

One of the official story-books that came about the time after Cadance became a thing went into her backstory. Basically she ascended to Alicorn-hood after she saved her village from some magical threat with love. She was born a Pegasus. In the end she was basically adopted as royalty by Celestia.

I remember that. I was just referring to the mention of Cadence being Celestia's "niece" back when Hasbro and Mattel were hyping the royal wedding. There was talk among the fans that she must be Luna's daughter then. But I don't think that was ever the case. Plus, with how much the princesses interact with each other now you'd think the show would have touched on that. I personally never saw that book, but did it mention Cadance's parents by chance? I'm curious. So do we have confirmation that Cadance is actually not related at all to the princesses? Would that mean Celestia and Luna might not be blood-related sisters, either?