Dennis Abernathy Harrison

Headcanons & Fan Theories

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Dublyn Tea said:

Would that mean Celestia and Luna might not be blood-related sisters, either?

I'm 99% percent sure that their being blood sisters was also confirmed in extraneous material (The Journal of the Two Sisters. maybe?). Being adopted into a royal familymight explain why they're Princesses, rather than Queens, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dublyn Tea said:

I personally never saw that book, but did it mention Cadance's parents by chance? I'm curious. So do we have confirmation that Cadance is actually not related at all to the princesses? Would that mean Celestia and Luna might not be blood-related sisters, either?

 

No, she was orphaned/lost in the woods and I don't think her parents were ever named or mentioned. She got adopted by Earth Ponies  but I don't know enough to say if the family that adopted her ever got named.

 

Per the Journal of the Two Sisters, the sister-relationship was maintained so they may still be sisters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try not to get attached to fandom theories, including my own that I myself made up. In the off chance that they don't go the route. My favorite personal theory is about Chrysalis though. One I came up pretty quickly after the Season 2 finally.

Mainly I theorized that Chrysalis was originally a Changeling, but the Alicorn showcased in the story from Hearts and Hooves Day with the love potion. Although they probably just made the story so that the CMC would stumble upon the potion. The mere fact that the potion worked, indicates that the two ponies in the story is also probably two. Both of the characters are also unnamed, and the story is very opened ended... Sweetie bell pretty much just skimmed it saying these lines:

"The effect of the love potion caused the kingdom to fall"
Also mentions "Dragons and chaos reigning due to inability to preform"

My theory is that Prince eventually ended up dying trying to Protect the Alicorn Princess. With the Prince dead, the Princess got stuck into a situation where she could no longer give or receive love from the Prince. In an act of desperation ended up forcing herself to steal love from others to fill the void, over time it started to consume her to the point she changed into the Chrysalis we all know and love.

Heck, liked it so much I drew it up as a comic back in April 16, 2014,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So she became an eternal love junkie? Maybe the key to her redemption is when the Mane 6 host an intervention. They could open with the line, "You're gonna have to face it: you're addicted to love."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kitt Stargazer said:

In an act of desperation ended up forcing herself to steal love from others to fill the void, over time it started to consume her to the point she changed into the Chrysalis we all know and love.

Love? Then she's already won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That King Sombra isn't really dead, but that his soul/spirit is still living in a unknown plane of existence.
The main thing that fuels that thought is that his horn was mostly intact when it flew off.
And considering how mages in other comics can return even tho they was completely destroyed, gives me hope.
One magician i can think of right now is Thoth-Amon in the world of Conan the Barbarian.
He was turned to ash, and his spirit was somehow attached to his magical ring, which was thrown to the sea and eaten by a fish.
That fish was caught by a weaker demon and he thought he could use it, little did he know, by using the ring, he brought Thoth-Amon back to physical form.

I can see something similar happen to Sombra, and i really hope so, he had far too little screen time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On September 5, 2016 at 2:54 AM, ABronyAccount said:

Aha, but in the 17th episode of season six, Spike and Big Macintosh are playing the game 'Ogres & Oubliettes.' A game which first appeared (albeit transposed) in the comics!

Therefore absolutely everything that happened in the comics is show canon forever no take-backs.

:smugtrixie:

 

I think the official word is that what happens in the comic is canon until the show says it isn't (by doing something that contradicts or supercedes the comics).

 

Speaking of which, when are we gonna see Kibbutz and Tiberius in the show?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KimOlsen87 said:

I can see something similar happen to Sombra, and i really hope so, he had far too little screen time.

Might I suggest the comics, that do a wonderful job with King Sombra: https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2015/4/1/861996__safe_twilight+sparkle_princess+twilight_princess+cadance_idw_king+sombra_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comicfiendshipismagic1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jerry Modene said:

Speaking of which, when are we gonna see Kibbutz and Tiberius in the show?

Having Tiberius in the show would be so, so, opossum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2016 at 0:02 AM, Revanche said:

excactly, from that comic where Hasbro said it's canon until they make it otherwise in the show?
then there's still hope, if only just a tiny little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Elements of Harmony are something akin to the Force from Star Wars. Everypony is connected to one, albeit most ponies are only weakly connected, and it acts as a guiding force in their lives. Ponies strongly connected to a particular element are potential bearers, and those extraordinarily connected to the elements don't even require the physical elements.

Changelings are vulnerable to an incredibly high frequency sound (far above pony hearing). Encountering it forces them to drop their disguise and stuns them for a few minutes. When they wake up, they've got one hell of a headache and are generally pretty pissy.

Cloudsdale is the backup capitol of Equestria. Should Canterlot fall, the center of Equestria's government shifts there. If Canterlot falls due to invasion, Cloudsdale will kick  the weather factory into overdrive and surround the city with a massive storm, something akin to the worst hurricanes we've seen on Earth, as a defensive measure. If the sisters are unable to fall back to Cloudsdale, military officials in the city are to assume control of Equestria. While Canterlot was under threat around the royal wedding, Luna and Celestia were staying in each city in shifts (hence Luna returning to Canterlot at night). Luna wasn't mysteriously absent. She was in Cloudsdale and either hadn't received word of the invasion or was in the process of raising an army to retake Canterlot.

Equestria's version of Stonewall was kicked off by a Wonderbolt. Instead of fleeing out the back to protect his secret, he opted to go on the offensive and push back against the raids, outing himself in the process. The rest of the 'Bolts at the time stood behind him and changed their policies to be more inclusive and even refused to play shows in venues/cities that didn't similarly welcome all ponies, resulting in the organization ending up as a major player in the movement.

Extended conflict with Equestria would end terribly for the invaders. Between control of the day/night cycle and the weather, any sort of force attempting to openly invade the nation would be subject to fighting in pitch black night while a hurricane rages overhead and pegasi carpet bomb the area with spear versions of those ice arrows we saw in the Equestria Games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WARNING;  some spoilers for the season finale synopsis discussed here. 

 

I don't know that I believe it'll happen, but I'm honestly intrigued by the theory that Starlight is a time-displaced Flurry Heart:

 

If it weren't for eye-color, I'd buy that they could be the same pony as a baby and then as an adult... Their coloration is reasonably close.

Flurry Heart is a ridiculously powerful baby with a mystery about her beyond even the elder princesses' understanding.

Starlight is a ridiculously powerful unicorn already linked with time travel.

They both share a link through Sunburst, who was kind of oddly made very important to Flurry Heart. 

 

So how could a baby Alicorn princess end up an over-powered adult unicorn?  Well, I haven't seen the proof of it personally, but I've seen various people claim that John DeLancey said he had recorded a 2-parter for this season, which could only be the season finale, if true.  And we've seen that Discord has the power to hide away a pony's wings.  I don't think Discord is going bad again... From the synopsis, it sounds like an unstoppable big bad is coming, and the major characters are going to fall to him/her/it this time.  I think it's a reasonable guess story-wise that this baddie will be coming for Flurry Heart, and so I could see Discord making an effort to hide her away as a nondescript unicorn filly, and either by design or accident she gets lost in time.

 

Like I said, I don't know that I believe this is where they're heading, but it could tie together a few mysteries, explain why Starlight is so over-powered, and be a pretty cool story to have spread out over 2 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps long old "news" as it is but I believe the theory of Scootaloo being Fluttershy's offspring. Quite an invigorating mystery/theory no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and here's a random one to go along with the one I mentioned above:. Sunburst is a young Starswirl the bearded, who ends up getting sent way back in time.  Mostly just because we're already talking time-travel and he has a beard.

 

Sure it's a crackpot theory... But why not have fun with it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunset Shimmer is the sent-back-in-time child of Starlight Glimmer, who is the sent-back in time child of Shining Armor, who is the brother of the to-be-sent-back-in-time mother of Celestia and Luna, who eat cake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2016 at 11:09 PM, Harwick said:

WARNING;  some spoilers for the season finale synopsis discussed here. 

 

I don't know that I believe it'll happen, but I'm honestly intrigued by the theory that Starlight is a time-displaced Flurry Heart:

 

If it weren't for eye-color, I'd buy that they could be the same pony as a baby and then as an adult... Their coloration is reasonably close.

Flurry Heart is a ridiculously powerful baby with a mystery about her beyond even the elder princesses' understanding.

Starlight is a ridiculously powerful unicorn already linked with time travel.

They both share a link through Sunburst, who was kind of oddly made very important to Flurry Heart. 

 

So how could a baby Alicorn princess end up an over-powered adult unicorn?  Well, I haven't seen the proof of it personally, but I've seen various people claim that John DeLancey said he had recorded a 2-parter for this season, which could only be the season finale, if true.  And we've seen that Discord has the power to hide away a pony's wings.  I don't think Discord is going bad again... From the synopsis, it sounds like an unstoppable big bad is coming, and the major characters are going to fall to him/her/it this time.  I think it's a reasonable guess story-wise that this baddie will be coming for Flurry Heart, and so I could see Discord making an effort to hide her away as a nondescript unicorn filly, and either by design or accident she gets lost in time.

 

Like I said, I don't know that I believe this is where they're heading, but it could tie together a few mysteries, explain why Starlight is so over-powered, and be a pretty cool story to have spread out over 2 seasons.

I'd say she is overpowered because she basically spent lots of time studying magic or was granted it by an outside source 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StarlightGlimmer said:

I'd say she is overpowered because she basically spent lots of time studying magic or was granted it by an outside source 

Yeah, she spent her whole life studying magic, then when Twilight beat her had plenty of time to prepare for their next battle. It'd be neat if she really was THE-ONE-WHO-SHALL-NOT-BE-NAMED, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Revanche said:

Sunset Shimmer is the sent-back-in-time child of Starlight Glimmer, who is the sent-back in time child of Shining Armor, who is the brother of the to-be-sent-back-in-time mother of Celestia and Luna, who eat cake.

A mouthful young mortal but interesting nevertheless. Hmm...................A queen once was there I would imagine, one who represented the galaxy, like myself, but with a blue/purple and star combination mane along with a northern lights like coloring for the rest of her that would be the Princess' true mother.

No name I have in mind I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Revanche said:

Darude - Sandstorm.

Where they are presently located I believe was asked, I am curious myself however...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StarlightGlimmer said:

I'd say she is overpowered because she basically spent lots of time studying magic or was granted it by an outside source 

I personally need them to give some kind of explanation for her power levels.  I mean, for Twilight we have that she was tapped to bear the Element of Magic, that she spent practically all of her childhood free time studying all the way up until the beginning of the show, and she was personally trained in magic by Princess Celestia.  Not to mention the fact that she has since become an Alicorn, with the suggestion that "Alicorn magic" is something special and powerful.

 

And yet the impression is that Starlight is on the same level.  Twilight says that she has "more talent for magic than almost anypony".  I have trouble buying it's from studying on her own.  I mean, her backstory is that Sunburst went off to Celestia's school when he realized his talent for magic and she didn't... But why didn't she, if she was that good?

 

The next Starlight episode may give some hints.  Regardless, if it's still not explaned by the end of the season it'll likely frustrate me greatly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now