Dennis Abernathy Harrison

Headcanons & Fan Theories

18 minutes ago, Harwick said:

I personally need them to give some kind of explanation for her power levels.  I mean, for Twilight we have that she was tapped to bear the Element of Magic, that she spent practically all of her childhood free time studying all the way up until the beginning of the show, and she was personally trained in magic by Princess Celestia.  Not to mention the fact that she has since become an Alicorn, with the suggestion that "Alicorn magic" is something special and powerful.

And yet the impression is that Starlight is on the same level.  Twilight says that she has "more talent for magic than almost anypony".  I have trouble buying it's from studying on her own.  I mean, her backstory is that Sunburst went off to Celestia's school when he realised his talent for magic and she didn't... But why didn't she, if she was that good?

The next Starlight episode may give some hints.  Regardless, if it's still not explaned by the end of the season it'll likely frustrate me greatly.

Finding your special talent doesn't determine how good you are at it in the end, and Starlight can't have had much to do in her village, whereas Twilight had four seasons of stuff to deal with. Plus, Twilight curb-stomped Starlight in their first battle, and even after a whole load of plotting and preparation, Starlight was only able to stalemate her in their next encounter. Furthermore, it's quite possible that the only kind of magic Twi can utilise at present for spell-casting is unicorn magic, irregardless of her other magical abilities. Starlight might well have taken to studying magic BECAUSE Sunburst left for magic school, hoping to follow him. Finally, having "more talent for magic" than anypony else could relate to potential, as much as present ability.

2 hours ago, StarlightGlimmer said:

Where are Celestia and Luna's parents?

I'm hoping they're never revealed honestly... I do want more back story to the Sisters, but I'm fine if their parents are kept in the dark honestly...

1 hour ago, Harwick said:

I personally need them to give some kind of explanation for her power levels.  I mean, for Twilight we have that she was tapped to bear the Element of Magic, that she spent practically all of her childhood free time studying all the way up until the beginning of the show, and she was personally trained in magic by Princess Celestia.  Not to mention the fact that she has since become an Alicorn, with the suggestion that "Alicorn magic" is something special and powerful.

And yet the impression is that Starlight is on the same level.  Twilight says that she has "more talent for magic than almost anypony".  I have trouble buying it's from studying on her own.  I mean, her backstory is that Sunburst went off to Celestia's school when he realized his talent for magic and she didn't... But why didn't she, if she was that good?

The next Starlight episode may give some hints.  Regardless, if it's still not explaned by the end of the season it'll likely frustrate me greatly.

I would like to see her be granted her powers from a totally new character in a flashback or something, maybe like a 100% good discord like character that was always good?  Starlight is good at magic, only Celestia, maybe Luna and Twilight surpass her. So where could she possibly get the magic from? Someone more powerful then them? Perhaps Celestia and Luna's parents or something?

41 minutes ago, StarlightGlimmer said:

I would like to see her be granted her powers from a totally new character in a flashback or something, maybe like a 100% good discord like character that was always good?  Starlight is good at magic, only Celestia, maybe Luna and Twilight surpass her. So where could she possibly get the magic from? Someone more powerful then them? Perhaps Celestia and Luna's parents or something?

Shining Armor could probably give her a run for her money, (and there's always Sunset). Irregardless, is it so hard to believe that she just got to be good at magic with a lot of practice? After all, practice makes perfect.

5 hours ago, Kitt Stargazer said:

I'm hoping they're never revealed honestly... I do want more back story to the Sisters, but I'm fine if their parents are kept in the dark honestly...

Do not hold onto that notion for too long, they'll cave eventually.....

Just now, Galacter said:

Do not hold onto that notion for too long, they'll cave eventually.....

I know, nor will I let it bother me.

It's their show and they've kept me invested in it for nearing 6 seasons... Well, more like 5 up actually. I think I can afford to provide them with a little faith in their decision making.

3 hours ago, Kitt Stargazer said:

I know, nor will I let it bother me.

It's their show and they've kept me invested in it for nearing 6 seasons... Well, more like 5 up actually. I think I can afford to provide them with a little faith in their decision making.

Don't get me wrong however it would be nice to know where the world's leaders originated from and from whom. ;) 

8 hours ago, Revanche said:

Shining Armor could probably give her a run for her money, (and there's always Sunset). Irregardless, is it so hard to believe that she just got to be good at magic with a lot of practice? After all, practice makes perfect.

She probably did practice it, but we don't really see her practicing it.

On 20/09/2016 at 2:44 AM, Galacter said:

Don't get me wrong however it would be nice to know where the world's leaders originated from and from whom. ;) 

When a mommy-pony and a daddy-pony love each other very much...

On 9/21/2016 at 8:47 AM, Revanche said:

When a mommy-pony and a daddy-pony love each other very much...

The OTHER way..........:ajnope: Younger one's don't need to see that.

The government of Equestria has three branches - The princesses (executive), the Royal Assembly (legislature), and the Royal Court (judiciary).

There is an extremely wealthy family in Equestria that owns Equestria's central bank (kinda like the Federal Reserve). They'd be like a pony version of the Rothschild family.

• Like 2

I have a headcanon that Rarity's birthday is October 30th & 

because, Rarity is the Element of Generosity 

she likes to make Nightmare Night costumes as presents for her friends instead of getting birthday presents for herself.

• Like 2

Why no Elements during The Crystal Empire?

Most likely because Sombra being banished (i.e., the Elements' M.O.) again = his "dead man's switch" curse on the Empire again.

• Like 1