DrakeyC

Anyone starting to like the films more?

7 hours ago, Havocbyte said:

I love the Equestria Girls movies. My favorites are The Friendship Games, Legend of Everfree, and Rainbow Rocks. 

The first one is an okay movie, Granted it does have some flaws that Rainbow Rocks (And the other two sequels) managed to fix.

About a few months ago, I tried rewatching the first EQG movie. But I couldn't because of how mean Sunset was. and it was so painful to watch.

I was like 30 minutes into the film, and I couldn't take it anymore so I turned it off.

I agree the first one was just okay. The reason I like it is because of all the memories I have of going to see it at the theatre haha. (and how excited the fandom was about it)

But yeah, Rainbow Rocks is my favourite because of the great songs! And I just watched Legend of Everfree the other day and it had amazing songs too.

Friendship Games is alright, and has a great story, but the music was a little lacking (except for "Right There in Front of Me") :approve:

Yes, I am starting to like the Equestria Girls films more.

In fact, I'm more excited for new Equestria Girls movies then I am about the show it was spun off from at this point. :flutterdear:

I can imagine a scenario where they introduce Human Sunset Shimmer into the films with her enlisting for the Crystal Preps. Only to quickly rise up the ranks to become the academy's new star pupil, with Principal Cinch plotting revenge against CHS.

Frankly, I'm a sucker for musicals. I loved the first two movies because their songs were fun and catchy, and I tolerated the third movie because it had some fun references.

Rainbow Rocks was the highlight of the franchise as far as I'm concerned, but Legend of Everfree took back a lot

I'll use some necromancer magic and revive this thread:

I have to admit I haven't seen ALL of Season Six, but I think I can safetly say that I enjoyed Legend of Everfree more than any episode of this season. There's been a bunch of episodes I really liked but...I don't know, Legend of Everfree surpassed all my expectations. Maybe its because I felt Friendship Games was kind of a let down compared to Rainbow Rocks, and there was almost non publicity (compared to the songs and shorts for RR and FG) so I wasn't hyped. It also has some nice songs, which I found Season Six to be lacking.

Oh, I can't keep trying to sound cool and polite, IT WAS AWESOME. I mean, not awesome as 'Rainbow Rocks' awesome. but pretty dang close! The movie even destroyed my ship (SunsetxSciTwi) and I couldn't bring myself to hate Timber! He felt so...real. Like, "hey, that's what a dude might actually say/do in real life, it doesn't feel like a writen character". Plus, Flash is back. Lots of people hate him...but I always had a soft spot for him. I love the "stealer of waifus" joke, too! 

The only things that might have slightly bothered me are: Rarity was so dull in this movie. "Fashion fashion fashion, dislike magic, runway runway runway", and the fact that there were tons of characters and we couldn't get to see them all. I know they tried, we even saw Celestia trying to do something for a change. But I don't know, I've always felt that one of Rainbow Rocks best things is that many background characters had a small spotlight, or at least remarkable scene/line. Here, between Sunset talking to Spike and Twilight's problems/flirting with Timber, even the Mane Five were kinda reduced to extras. But hey, we saw Celestia, Bulk Biceps, Flash and some other guys talk a bit, and it was awesome, so I'm not complaning (kinda did, but oh well, you get what I mean). I still want to know how the lifes of the Spectacular Seven (wink wink) will change with their...uh...superpowers (I feel it sounds kinda dumb to call them that).

Personally, I haven't really liked them more since Rainbow Rocks which I consider to be the best of the series. I like the other ones just fine (yes, even the first despite it's massive MASSIVE flaws), but RR is the one I prefer. I find the songs more memorable, the villains were great, and I liked the story better than the other movies. I liked the idea of Sci-Twi, but I didn't care much for anything else that happened in Friendship Games besides the ending which was about as awesome and anime-esque as the rest of the series. And in the case of Legends of Everfree, honestly I find it to be my least favorite even considering the first EQG movie. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't gravitate towards it as much as the other ones. It was just kind of okay to me.

I like the Equestria Girls movies as much as I like my favorite episodes from MLPFiM.  I have to admit though, after having watched the films, I tend to choose to re-watch them or parts of them more than I re-watch some of the MLP episodes.  Especially Rainbow Rocks and Legend of Everfree movies, which are my favorites.  I am definitely excited to see more of it and hope that some other movies are made in the future, also I'm cool with the short 22 min episodes too that I heard about. Could be a really good format for it to make shorter episodes like MLP.

Ah the necromantic energies have summoned me, the destroyer of all things that are good and nice. All shall burn under my gaze!

*ahem*

No quite frankly with each EqG after Rainbow Rocks I liked the idea less and less. At this point I watch it more to annoy a certain friend of my. Doesn't help that I never got used to designs and that besides Sunset and SciTwi all characters are flat and use MLP versions of the characters as a crutch. Power to those that like EqG but I alas do not share the feeling. Cheerio. 

• Like 1

EG1 - has it's flaws, but I still like it a lot

Rainbow Rocks - utterly amazing sequel that I love

Friendship Games - was relatively good, until...

Legend of Everfree - Would You Kindly CEASE TO EXIST!

MLP The Movie - Please be great!

I don't get all the hate towards LoE..... It's probably my second favorite EG movie (after Rainbow Rocks!), mainly because of the songs and character dev.

Overall I enjoy both the show and movies, but the movies feel more natural.... I dunno, for example there are some episodes I still haven't watch because I do not care enough for the characters involved (most of Rarity episodes for instance), but the movies never cease to amaze me like I was 8!

Also I'm both a fanfic writer and reader, and I don't really enjoy Equestria fics. I think that EG stories are way more interesting and fun to read, so that may play a part.

Saga.