Sign in to follow this  
ajnrules

EQG Minis

So I guess this thread goes here because it's about official merchandise? What are y'all's opinion on the Equestria Girls Mini figurines? I think they're pretty adorable myself, a massive improvement over the Monster High wannabe regular Equestria Girls dolls. I think that they're even an improvement on the animated styles which has grown on me, because the designs are more chibi-like.

Of course being a Rainbow Dash fan, I couldn't help but get all of the Rainbow Dash figures. She's just too cute.  I especially like the Fall Formal design. I wasn't a big fan of her outfit in the movie but the toy design is very pretty. <3

Cq9DijsUMAAhKMw.jpg

And MLP Merch just released some pictures of Rainbow Dash for the upcoming Rainbow Rocks set. I'm so looking forward to it! <3

Cq7VAbcWgAAS7kA.jpg

3 minutes ago, ABronyAccount said:

I thought about collecting them. I've heard reviews that the joints can be a bit iffy and the big ol' heads cause balance issues when posing them.

Those are indeed valid points. The joints allow for rotation of the limb in a 360 plane so you can have their legs face completely opposite direction from the rest of their body and have their arms in unnatural positions. If they stay in these unnatural positions too long they may be at risk for breaking, as I found out when my original EQG Mini Dash's left leg fell off. The center of gravity is indeed in the top half due to the massive heads leading to the balance issues. I actually get around these issues by having them sit on my Funko ponies because the size works out that way. 

CpD8XwxVMAAjRrc.jpg

4 minutes ago, ajnrules said:

I found out when my original EQG Mini Dash's left leg fell off. 

Just yesterday my Applejack's right arm fell off. It was my fault though, I was trying to get her head off (don't ask :P)

But yes! These things are amazing and I love them! I'm going to Target today with my dad and hopefully they have Sunny :sunset:

I love these more than the dolls.

I will show you mine:

20160828_111646%255B1%255D.jpg

I'm in the process of getting all of the Rainbow Dash EQG Minis as well. But I'm skipping the first wave because I heard complaints about the joints breaking off. Thankfully Hasbro fixed them in the second and third waves.

• Like 2

I was glad to find a lone Sunset hiding over at Walmart the other day.  She's he only one I really wanted. Yeah they are hard to stand but it doesn't bother me too much. And Sunset looks so much better here than the fashion doll line. Imo.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zorilita said:

I was glad to find a lone Sunset hiding over at Walmart the other day.  She's he only one I really wanted. Yeah they are hard to stand but it doesn't bother me too much. And Sunset looks so much better here than the fashion doll line. Imo.

I found Sunset at my local Walmart as well. But at the location that I went to a few weeks ago they had two.

I absolutely adore their proportions and the general style of their sculpting. They are incredibly well made and I'm hoping to collect them all.

I love them so much I've changed the humanized style on my ref sheet commissions to EqG Minis-style :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ajnrules said:

So I guess this thread goes here because it's about official merchandise? What are y'all's opinion on the Equestria Girls Mini figurines? I think they're pretty adorable myself, a massive improvement over the Monster High wannabe regular Equestria Girls dolls. I think that they're even an improvement on the animated styles which has grown on me, because the designs are more chibi-like.

Of course being a Rainbow Dash fan, I couldn't help but get all of the Rainbow Dash figures. She's just too cute.  I especially like the Fall Formal design. I wasn't a big fan of her outfit in the movie but the toy design is very pretty. <3

Cq9DijsUMAAhKMw.jpg

And MLP Merch just released some pictures of Rainbow Dash for the upcoming Rainbow Rocks set. I'm so looking forward to it! <3

Cq7VAbcWgAAS7kA.jpg

Love these minis!! So cute!!!

I really can't believe such a perfect line exists sometimes. XD I have the original outfit mane 6, and looking for Flash, DJ and Sunset. Besides Applejacks, I'm trying to hold off on other mane 6 duplicates >_< I honestly want 3 Sunsets, though....

• Like 1

On 28/08/2016 at 3:58 PM, ABronyAccount said:

I thought about collecting them. I've heard reviews that the joints can be a bit iffy and the big ol' heads cause balance issues when posing them.

The joints are OK if you're an adult, but they are too weak for kids, and the heads mean that it's very difficult to get them to stand up on their own. They fall over all the time. I brought a bunch of wargaming bases and fixed them to them. They Standup OK after that.

22 hours ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

I like them a lot... but they do have balance issues. I wish they came with some sort of stand or plate to peg the feet into.

I made my own. I just brought some 80mm wargaming bases online, drilled a couple of holes in them, and stuck in some plastic pegs in them and stood the models on the bases. They look pretty neat is you paint them up.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aaargh Zombies said:

I made my own. I just brought some 80mm wargaming bases online, drilled a couple of holes in them, and stuck in some plastic pegs in them and stood the models on the bases. They look pretty neat is you paint them up.

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip. :)

12 hours ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the tip. :)

I found a war games supplier online, I think that I ended up paying less than $2 including shipping\handling for 10, and I used some left over plastic frames from an old model kit to make pegs for their feet.

I've managed to keep all my Minis standing against a wall of pictures and other stuff on my desk, but Rarity and Sunset have a tendency to have their legs shoot outward and they kinda want to do splits all the time. XD Same with Pinkie. 

I have all the series 1 Mane 6 along with DJ, Flash and Sunset. I've noticed that Sunset is next to near impossible to find after doing rounds around stores. Nobody seems to care about the other ones in the Pep Rally set though. They are everywhere. 

They're indeed adorable enough that even i want them.
Gotta save bits first tho, been too interested in lego technic lately to afford them (and debts) :P
Atleast Toys'r'us here in Norway have them, not for purchase if web, so would have to travel to the major city and get some.

On 9/8/2016 at 6:13 PM, SkyeVictini said:

I've managed to keep all my Minis standing against a wall of pictures and other stuff on my desk, but Rarity and Sunset have a tendency to have their legs shoot outward and they kinda want to do splits all the time. XD Same with Pinkie. 

I have all the series 1 Mane 6 along with DJ, Flash and Sunset. I've noticed that Sunset is next to near impossible to find after doing rounds around stores. Nobody seems to care about the other ones in the Pep Rally set though. They are everywhere. 

I've seen Flash every store that carries them, only 2 DJ's in the same store at the same time, and one Sunset who I grabbed right away. I think Sunset is still on the Toys R Us website, but she kept getting sold out on and off for a while there. I hope they produce more Sunsets then the tiny bit that was sent out :S

These are so much better than the dolls.  I have to assume that they're much harder to produce though, considering that they're so far behind when it comes to tying into the latest EQG films.  I also have to wonder if the people making the toys pay enough attention to the films, what with the scarcity of Sunset Shimmer.  it makes you want to ask if they're even aware that she's really the lead character of the franchise these days, because they seem to treat her like she's still a villain that little girls wouldn't buy.

In any event, I'd love to see this line continue with more characters like the Sirens, as well as Midnight Sparkle and Daydream Shimmer and her she-demon form.

• Like 1

I've put off buying for too long and getting a full set of the original EQG Minis of the Humane6 NRFB started to get difficult. Especially AJ and RD! I finally sniped an AJ figure but the original RD has been very hard to come by for love or money! When she does show up, it's either in "good" condition out-of-box or for a ridiculous markup.

So for my purposes I've had to get creative. I bought a cheaper two-pack with Dash in pony and human form. 81b6wQNyWiL._SL1500_.jpg
This EQG mini has the same design as the original figure, but with glittery hair. Not my thing, and she wouldn't match the rest of the set! So I also bought the cheapest RD mini I could find that still has the original head sculpt. It just happens to be the School Dance Dash.
81inIJvg1vL._SL1500_.jpg
Why? Because you can pop the heads off these minis and swap them fairly easily. This leaves me with an almost stock-looking original RD figure!

The shirt still seems to have some glitter on the lightning bolt, but I'm willing to live with that.
Also, why buy the figures NRFB if I'm just going open up the packaging and pry their skulls off? It's more about the provenance before they get to me than keeping them in the packaging once I have them.