Sign in to follow this  
WeAreBorg

New Forum! Talk about it!

I like it a lot. It has a vary modern and almost professional look to it. I've seen a few complaint about mobile, but i haven't used it yet, so i cannot say on that front. But as it stands i'm enjoying it.

I am SO glad to have this setup over phpBB because I can bold and italic on the fly with Ctrl+B and Ctrl+I whereas on phpBB I had to stop and manually punch in the BBcode or hit the bold/italic buttons every time.

The circular avatars seems a bit odd, but I guess I can work with it for now.

Also would like to see Steam profiles on the left side like they were on PF2.

Right now my only major complaint is the gargantuan line space when you hit the Enter key. OH, THE LEADING!!

Otherwise, the only other thing I'd wish for would be is the old PF2 emotes awesomecheer_zpskvbeorwi.png

But the old :hurrr: emote is god and nobody can convince me otherwise. :wink:

Ya mean this one? hurrr_zpsfdbd5jso.png

I already gave Nepeta a Dropbox link with all the archive PF2 emotes in the Forum Features thread. Hopefully we'll all be eyeroll_zpsablwpvmx.gif and ajlie_zpsykbvxpcv.gif at will once more.

• Like 1

Just a little update for you loyal forum users...I've made a minor change that decreases the spacing between each paragraph in posts.

That way now hitting return will look a little more like normal.

/)

• Like 1

Just a little update for you loyal forum users...I've made a minor change that decreases the spacing between each paragraph in posts.

That way now hitting return will look a little more like normal.

/)

A4qisDe.jpg

• Like 1

What resolution should the cover photo thing in our profiles be? It's cool and all, but I could make mine look better if I could figure out the proper resolution for it.

What resolution should the cover photo thing in our profiles be? It's cool and all, but I could make mine look better if I could figure out the proper resolution for it.

The visual resolution of its container is 1278x200, but of course this varies based on whether you're on a tablet or phone or desktop. I would say that's a good size to shoot for, though.

Speaking of dimensions and whatnot, I'm not the huuuuugest fan of the fact that linked youtube videos are blown up to the size of the window. I'd rather see them embedded at normal size, if that's possible. 

Do you think the size of posted videos can be cut down? I don't think them spanning the entire size of a post is necessary. You can cut them down to a tenth of that size for scrolling convenience and I would be OK with it. If we want to watch the full-size we could just go to the YouTube page anyways.

Speaking of dimensions and whatnot, I'm not the huuuuugest fan of the fact that linked youtube videos are blown up to the size of the window. I'd rather see them embedded at normal size, if that's possible. 

Do you think the size of posted videos can be cut down? I don't think them spanning the entire size of a post is necessary. You can cut them down to a tenth of that size for scrolling convenience and I would be OK with it. If we want to watch the full-size we could just go to the YouTube page anyways.

Fixed. This is not retroactive, but I did test it and any future video posts will be a much more manageable size.

I am SO glad to have this setup over phpBB because I can bold and italic on the fly with Ctrl+B and Ctrl+I whereas on phpBB I had to stop and manually punch in the BBcode or hit the bold/italic buttons every time.

Irony: I've been searching high and low for an option which lets me turn off the WYSIWYG editor and compose messages in something like BBcode, with a "preview" function to view the results. Finally gave up and accepted that I have to treat this forum like Outlook / MSWord. We do have pbckcode, but that's quite a different animal. 

Maybe it's just a generational thing (I grew up on DOS and UNIX), but I'm accustomed to typing formatting characters inline on the fly, manually entering IMG and URL tags, etc., rather than clicking buttons. I find it a tad more intuitive. 

Otherwise, the only other thing I'd wish for would be is the old PF2 emotes awesomecheer_zpskvbeorwi.png

Ok, so I'm not the only one who can't find them. 

Over in the Donator Perks Thread http://forums.friendshipisgaming.com/index.php?/topic/6-what-would-you-like-to-see-as-a-donator-perk/ (the insert link function isn't working) Steamworks indicated that they are here, but I haven't been able to locate then and didn't want to sound like an idiot. 

Yeah, I'm pretty used (and partial) to just typing in the codes in brackets. Typing img and /img on either side of a link tends to be quicker and less of a bother than having to pull up a window to insert an image etc etc. 

Irony: I've been searching high and low for an option which lets me turn off the WYSIWYG editor and compose messages in something like BBcode, with a "preview" function to view the results. Finally gave up and accepted that I have to treat this forum like Outlook / MSWord. We do have pbckcode, but that's quite a different animal. 

Maybe it's just a generational thing (I grew up on DOS and UNIX), but I'm accustomed to typing formatting characters inline on the fly, manually entering IMG and URL tags, etc., rather than clicking buttons. I find it a tad more intuitive. 

Ok, so I'm not the only one who can't find them. 

Over in the Donator Perks Thread http://forums.friendshipisgaming.com/index.php?/topic/6-what-would-you-like-to-see-as-a-donator-perk/ (the insert link function isn't working) Steamworks indicated that they are here, but I haven't been able to locate then and didn't want to sound like an idiot. 

I also agree with wanting to manually type in the characters for bold and italic and all that fancy stuff. I'm usually on mobile and I'm accustomed to it anyway.

Yeah, I'm pretty used (and partial) to just typing in the codes in brackets. Typing img and /img on either side of a link tends to be quicker and less of a bother than having to pull up a window to insert an image etc etc. 

This. It makes things easier. It would be nice if we could turn off whatever all... This... Is and have bbcode and a preview pane.