Lord Seraph

G3 Ponies Thread

Recommended Posts

There seems to be a lack of threads or talk about G3 Ponies. While I may not have been a big fan of it.

I'd like to learn more about this "accursed" generation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeffpiatt said:

Some of our G4 voice cast started out in G3.

Tabitha St. Germain was Minty and Wysteria

Britt McKillip was Tra La La

Andrea Libman .was..Zipzee

Kathleen Barr was...Sweetberry

Brian Drummond was Spike

Rainbow Dash was voiced by Venus Terzo aka Blackarachnia

A lot of the names used in G4 ponies are also imported from G3.

Unlike G1, Hasbro still owns most of the names of G3 ponies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Seraph said:

A lot of the names used in G4 ponies are also imported from G3.

Unlike G1, Hasbro still owns most of the names of G3 ponies.

By G3 Hasbro started trademarking character names on toys.  they did not during the 1980's and lots of the old toys have common nouns as names like Jazz and it took years to reclaim the old G1 Transformers names that went in to disuse. with G4 Hasbro may be working on saving the lost pony names for retro toys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeffpiatt said:

By G3 Hasbro started trademarking character names on toys.  they did not during the 1980's and lots of the old toys have common nouns as names like Jazz and it took years to reclaim the old G1 Transformers names that went in to disuse. with G4 Hasbro may be working on saving the lost pony names for retro toys.

I'd like to see Toola Roola or Star Catcher put into G4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked my Twitter and Janyse Jaud, voice of G3 Pinkie Pie said she is voicing a character for My Little Pony tomorrow.

 

G3 Pinkie Pie is my waifu.  Don't ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jigglysaint said:

Just checked my Twitter and Janyse Jaud, voice of G3 Pinkie Pie said she is voicing a character for My Little Pony tomorrow.

 

G3 Pinkie Pie is my waifu.  Don't ask.

You mean she's gonna voice a G4 pony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine so considering it's the only series going on at the moment besides Equestria Girls.  Also as far as I'm aware, Jansye isn't in the brony loop so I don't know if she knows what she is getting herself into.  Still, I like G3 Pinkie Pie's voice, and she's been on a few other cartoons I've watched including Dragon Tails, where she played an Alicorn named Enuice, and also Conan The Adventurer, a show I watched religiously as a child.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Steamworks said:

Do you really want to learn more? Like, really really want to learn more?

 

Why does the sun have a FACE!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On August 30, 2016 at 11:31 PM, Jigglysaint said:

 

I would imagine so considering it's the only series going on at the moment besides Equestria Girls.  Also as far as I'm aware, Jansye isn't in the brony loop so I don't know if she knows what she is getting herself into.

 

I just checked her Twitter and she retweeted a few fans that said it was great she'd be on the show, so I think she knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I just checked her Twitter and she retweeted a few fans that said it was great she'd be on the show, so I think she knows.

Hehe, I bet I was one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that I cared for at the time of G3 was mostly, if not completely Minty. A derpy, green pony who wasn't as "G3" as the rest of them, in a good way. Minty's Christmas movie is probably the only G3 thing I'd re watch, maybe the Starcatcher one but I can't remember that much. :/ (Before starting Fim, I watched -everything- animated from G1 to G3)

I have a small collection of Minty, finally getting her adorable G4 brushable not long ago :) I'd love some plush of her someday.

I even ended up with most of the 1st McDonalds G3 ponies trying to get Minty XD I kinda like those better then the regular ones actually.

Minty may be why I adore Lyra so much, and Ivy of G2 who I wanted badly cause it was so epic - a GREEN pony. Felt so out of place for G2, which I didn't like very much with all the skinny pink/purple ponies. But green, that was awesome lol

Outside of Minty, there are a lot of ponies that have connections to the mane 6, and even Sunset: Sunshimmer, I think. Even Applejack, who had green hair and red fur XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minty was the original Derpy, and was even voiced by Tabitha.  Too bad nobody thought to model Derpy after Minty.

 

I wish I could find a G3 Pinkie Pie plushie.  Only likeness I can find are pinatas, even even those are getting replaced by G4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jigglysaint said:

 

Minty was the original Derpy, and was even voiced by Tabitha.  Too bad nobody thought to model Derpy after Minty.

 

Well, it's not like Derpy was meant to happen. She only got people's attention because of an animation error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching someone's blind reaction to The Princess Promenade, and I heard the song "Flowers and Friendship" for the first time. That's like the ONE song from G3 that I like. It's so smooth and chill. I hope there's a version of it without the extra noise from the movie itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2016 at 7:28 AM, PinkiePie97 said:

Well, it's not like Derpy was meant to happen. She only got people's attention because of an animation error.

maybe G4 Minty can be Derpy's Mom and we get mother,daughter, grand daughter background comedy. Minty could be the Cloudsdale Postmaster like Derpy being the Ponyville one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2016 at 9:19 PM, Jigglysaint said:

Minty was the original Derpy, and was even voiced by Tabitha.  Too bad nobody thought to model Derpy after Minty.

 

I wish I could find a G3 Pinkie Pie plushie.  Only likeness I can find are pinatas, even even those are getting replaced by G4.

They did make G3 Pinkie plushies, but no store would carry them today. :/ I recommend checking thrift stores, or just going right to eBay. Some cuter ones were made then others too :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing how they forgot to mention it on EQD, the Build-A-Bear Minty is available online and in all stores now. Get the adorable G3 pony while she lasts. She's really worth the price, they made her with a bit fluffier fabric then all the past ponies. <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now