Citadel

Everyone continues to love dodgeball!

Because the forum software migration killed the last thread, here's a second one about everyone's favorite mod: dodgeball.

http://i.imgur.com/S7pIyKz.jpg  

Many rockets. Much reflect. Very boom.

Rocket come out. Rocket seek pyro. Rocket reflect. Rocket go fast.

Edited by Citadel

Back when Legion of Ponies was around, they had a server with Dodgeball, Deathrun, Fort Wars, Prophunt and VSH.  We could have a server with some of these and other game modes on it.

We could possible have a server rotate between game modes each month. The issue is that it is a pain to set up and make sure it will not catch fire.

Dodgeball is fairly set-it-and-forget-it. It tends to run fine on its own without the need for a lot of tweaking, since it's a fairly simple mod that requires little tweaking. And while I do like the potential variety a rotating server would bring, I worry that will lose the dedicated players that a server takes time to build up, when the game mode disappears after only a few weeks. 

a dedicated dodgeball server won't get much traffic

i'd setup multiple mods and allow players to rtv to different mods

-dodgeball

-prophunt

-jump

-surf

-etc

inb4 you have Outpost, Swirl and ES that have their dodgeball servers filled usually mid day and late at night.

dodgeball is a great gamemode to have, thats if the community here can learn it easily. Which was a issue back when pf2 had it. "It was too hard"