ramm

what was your first MLP fanfic

so first mlp fanfic i read was My Little Dashie by ROBCakeran53 and i loved it ^^, it was the first fanfic I had ever read, to I was really touched by it ^^

after that i read the most promoted like cupcaks, rainbow factory and past sins.

and now a read things like FoE and background pony

but it all started with that one fic about an abandoned RD.

so what was your first fic? and what does it mean to you? and are you willing to read it again?

I don't remember what it's called but the first MLP fan fic I read involved Twilight and Trixie and it left such a bad taste in my mouth, especially the ending that I think I just surgically removed most of it, even the title out of my memory without realising it.

I've avoided fics like Cupcake and Rainbow Factory because they are just not my kind of stories.

The second fanfic I read was On cross and arrow by Conner Cogwork I remember that one a bit more fondly.

Fillystata.

And it was awful.

I ended up getting drawn in again though. People kept talking about a character named "Nyx," so I decided to look into it and suddenly it was three in the morning and I was skyping with a friend bawling like a baby about some fanfic and wonder what these emotion things were and why I suddenly had them. Once that happened, well...

• Like 1

Fallout: Equestria, despite me not liking dark stories. Sadly, when one starts with not only an epic piece of fanfiction, but an epic piece of fiction in general, one tends to develop somewhat high expectations.

It didn't help that it was followed up by the Hard Reset Trilogy and It's a Dangerous Business, Going Outside Your Door. 

Heh. ^^

It's A Dangerous Business Going Out Your Door by Jetfire. It spurred my interest in MLP fanfiction, and inspired me to start writing my own stories. They're not world sweeping epics, but the primary reason I finally decided to write them was that I wanted others to feel that same sense of fun and wonder I felt when I read Jetfire's story.

I think I read a MST of a 'fic before this point, but my first MLP 'fic was My Little Denarians. I was a fan of The Dresden Files (the other half of the crossover), and TV Tropes' description of Harry in the Star Wars universe and evil Rarity with a lightsaber tickled my WTF reflex enough to read it.

I'm pretty sure My Little Dashie was not only the first MLP fanfic, but also the first fanfic overall I've ever read. I'm pretty sure I then went on to read Past Sins as the first longer fanfic and the second fanfic I've read.

I started reading Progress. Didn't make it all the way through, in part because I'm not really a fanfic consumer and in part because of the increasingly blatant Author Appeal going on with Luna's characterization (though to be fair, she pretty much had no canon characterization back then).

Still, I liked it enough to make a piece of fanfic fanart.

Fallout: Equestria.

I haven't really bothered to read much of anything else. Or, well: there was one time when I was using the Minecraft Forums I read a fan-fic someone in the brony community there was writing but no much of it was memorable.

The Conversion Bureau, the Version by Chatoyance

This story is apparently rather controversial within the fandom, but I rather enjoyed it and it spurred me to create my ponysona. The series is rather long with hundreds of spin-offs, and I would definitely read it again if my to-read list wasn't so long as it was.

If I recall correctly it was Remembering Garry's Mod, it's no shining example of writing and after all these years it's still not finished, but honestly it was a nice introduction to the world of Fan Fiction. I've read a lot of stuff since then, both actual books and fanfiction but few manage to really disappoint.