WanderPony

Should the series end here?

Should MLP end after the movie?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should FIM end here?

• Yes, and the My Little Pony franchise in general
    • Yes, but make a new MLP series with new characters
    • No! I want FIM to go on forever!

Never shall it end. Although, I really would like it to start up again with a different cast at one point, kinda like Doctor Who. I think that's why it's been running for so damn long. Just add a different space guy, change up his time crate, maybe throw in a few more tid-bits in there and bam! You just freshened it up a little! Same world, same premise, and same old fun like last time, just a tad different. (Well, to most people)

And I'm most likely among a few that wouldn't mind a different sort of style to the show, like say, instead of a main cast it would follow a more traditional way of having only one or two protagonists, or maybe have the show based on a larger cast so that it would have that much more variety (Albeit perhaps at the detriment to character building)

All in all, I want more pony! I want more good pony!

While I certainly don't agree with the "Go forever!!1!" Option, I don't think it's time for the series to end yet. I simply think there are way too many potential stories and character developments to be had to justify the series as running its course. 

I certainly don't agree that this season has been bad or meh; I'd say it's on par with last season. I think any overall lukewarm reception is a highly subjective thing to say. And really every season is met with the "worse season" attitude at some point. 

But regaurdless of this seasons quality, I think that the possibilities for stories the series still has, thanks to its vast and well-conceived world and character, is far too great to justify throwing in the towel. The series has far more potential for stories vs others.

Plus, Celestia episode anyone? ;)

41 minutes ago, RainShadow said:

While I certainly don't agree with the "Go forever!!1!" Option, I don't think it's time for the series to end yet. I simply think there are way too many potential stories and character developments to be had to justify the series as running its course. 

I certainly don't agree that this season has been bad or meh; I'd say it's on par with last season. I think any overall lukewarm reception is a highly subjective thing to say. And really every season is met with the "worse season" attitude at some point. 

But regaurdless of this seasons quality, I think that the possibilities for stories the series still has, thanks to its vast and well-conceived world and character, is far too great to justify throwing in the towel. The series has far more potential for stories vs others.

Plus, Celestia episode anyone? ;)

Celestia episode, friend, Celestia episode

I've been thinking about it since I heard MA Larson talk about it at Bronycon. Apparently the end of season 3 was written to be the series finale. It's why Twilight became an alicorn. And then season 4 happened. And 5. And 6. And they've sort of set up a world that can keep going for a pretty long time, there are still plenty of things they can do. I think we'll probably get at least a season 7.

For the finale, whenever it happens. I think it'd be cool if we got some kind of epic crossover with the comic timelines.

I wouldn't be here if I didn't enjoy the show, but if it did get cancelled, it won't be the end of the world. One, it's just another TV show. Out of all the many TV shows made in the world, I'd be delusional to say this is the best TV series in the world (you're entitled to your own opinion, and I'm not disagreeing with anyone on that matter). Losing this series out of the countless other series I've watched, and seen come and go in my life would be a pity, but that's about it. Two, this fandom is pretty awesome, and will stay alive even after the show's cancellation. We've already had a few fan-made episodes, so it wouldn't surprise me if people got together and tried to continue in place of the official show staff. C&Ds won't stop people.

Overall, however, I would like the show to continue. I see no reason for it to be canceled, even if I might not have enjoyed some episodes as much as others. I doubt every single episode of every other TV series would be perfect, and FiM is no exception.

It's going strong, despite some "recent" setbacks, and it should do so until their minds hit the proverbial cliff-end on what to do next.

I know the show can't go on forever (even though I vote for this option ^^') but in one hand I hope the caracters will grow up. For example we've seen RD learn a thing or two about modesty, or Twilight about being a princess of friendship…

In the other hand, I really love the s7, it's not perfect but I enjoyed it and I'm sure they can make another season that'll be as cool as this one but I don't want to see MLP end because of a lack of imagination that they tried to drown into a bad season and a bad movie. My heart would break if that happen… (Like it happened in a Ninja Turtle serie. They did'nt know where to stop so the episodes became dump). So… Yes. It should end soon while it's still awesome, and leave a good mark in our hearts.  

(I hope I make myself clear ^^" )

Of course not now, there's still much to see and places to visit.

Not to stop now, not to go on forever (even tho i voted forever), but a few more season atleast, maybe up to season 10.
It can't go on forever anyway.

The pony shall last forever! Muahaha!

But honestly: While I think that the quality have lowered somewhat since season 5, I don't think the show has jumped the shark. Season 6 is still a good season. Just not as good as season 5.

And there is a lot more that they can do with this show, like developing supporting characters more, and exploring parts of Equestria that we haven't seen yet (as was supposed to be the theme of this season, but has thus far only really been done in two episodes). I see no reason to end the series now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Psychopathrik said:

The pony shall last forever! Muahaha!

But honestly: While I think that the quality have lowered somewhat since season 5, I don't think the show has jumped the shark.

Ahem? :getsome:

• Like 2

On 9/12/2016 at 5:21 PM, Lunar Holiday said:

Never shall it end. Although, I really would like it to start up again with a different cast at one point, kinda like Doctor Who. I think that's why it's been running for so damn long. Just add a different space guy, change up his time crate, maybe throw in a few more tid-bits in there and bam! You just freshened it up a little! Same world, same premise, and same old fun like last time, just a tad different. (Well, to most people)

And I'm most likely among a few that wouldn't mind a different sort of style to the show, like say, instead of a main cast it would follow a more traditional way of having only one or two protagonists, or maybe have the show based on a larger cast so that it would have that much more variety (Albeit perhaps at the detriment to character building)

All in all, I want more pony! I want more good pony!

Perhaps side series with more involvement of background characters?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lunar Holiday said:

Hell, sounds about right to me, friend!

And maybe mini one's about their individual lives as well, it would be interesting to see how their lives were growing up.

I have very much enjoyed season six, and am looking forward to several more seasons to come. I don't think MLP is suffering from any seasonal rot, it's just that season 5 had some really ridiculously good episodes in it which are hard to top. Season 6 is simply back on-curve.