WanderPony

Should the series end here?

Should MLP end after the movie?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should FIM end here?

• Yes, and the My Little Pony franchise in general
    • Yes, but make a new MLP series with new characters
    • No! I want FIM to go on forever!

I really hope it does. Even though I personally like it so far, Season 6 has been getting lukewarm to negative reception, and I don't want FIM to decay further.

Maybe they can make a new MLP series still set in Equestria, but with new characters, just to prevent the franchise from getting stale.

I want to see new characters in Equestria in a different time period. I want new characters because seeing characters acting all weird when they're undeveloped and watching them slowly develop into better ponies is great. I want a different time period because I want references to Gen 4 but for it to still be a new world to learn about.  The time period can be future or past, I don't care. Luna, Celestia and Discord could still be in it too as minor characters like how they are now, and maybe a cameo from a time traveling Twilight. 

50 seasons and a 20 movie franchise resulting in Equestria being a more developed world than Tolkien's Middle Earth.

11 hours ago, Catla said:

I would be fine with the next series to be the next generation of the ponies

My Little Pony: The Next Generation.  To be followed in seven years by My Little Pony: Deep Space Nine.

• Like 2

As for the question... when is the movie scheduled for release?  The timing of its release (during season 7 or during the season 7 hiatus) could speak volumes.

I now that ever series ends eventually, but I'd like to see the movie being used to target future episodes at an older audience. Maybe under the Guardians of Harmony brand.

I love MLP, but I think that the name is holding the series back from gaining widespread acceptance among boys and older girls. Rather than getting people to change, it might be easier to rebrand.

I think the movie could possibly mark a "shift" in the show - a pilot for a theoretical "Gen 4.5", if you will.

• Like 2

I wouldn't be against the series ending, but it's not a bad place to stop either. By the time it's released, the show will have been on for 7 years. That's not a bad place to stop. I don't think the franchise will end. I think Hasbro will either continue making G4 toys (and maybe specials, who knows) or move on to G5.

On August 29, 2016 at 10:23 AM, WanderPony said:

I really hope it does. Even though I personally like it so far, Season 6 has been getting lukewarm to negative reception, and I don't want FIM to decay further.

Maybe they can make a new MLP series still set in Equestria, but with new characters, just to prevent the franchise from getting stale.

WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF MLPFIM GOT ENDED.

>people get mad

>riots happen

>petitions start

>people get arrested for rioting

>nothing good happens

I don't see any reason why it should end any time soon and if it has to end no matter what then there's better be a G5 coming up next and soon. And from the poll results i can see that pretty much every fan agrees to this. DO NOT LET MLP END! It is too good of a gem to just be left alone.

Take it and run with it, I say. Can't really say we've had a moment yet where I've said "Yeah... maybe it's time to hang it up".

FiM is special, that goes without saying, I think that they could realistically keep things for a while longer than most animated series can, whether they will or not, we'll see, there is a lot of unknown out there. Hopefully whatever we get after FiM will expand on it rather than reboot it.

On August 30, 2016 at 6:48 AM, Arix said:

I think the movie could possibly mark a "shift" in the show - a pilot for a theoretical "Gen 4.5", if you will.

I could see this happening in all honesty. 

On 9/1/2016 at 4:29 AM, Mike Marlowe said:

FiM is special, that goes without saying, I think that they could realistically keep things for a while longer than most animated series can, whether they will or not, we'll see, there is a lot of unknown out there.

It's already run waaaaaaaaay longer than most animated series. By the end of this season it'll have almost as many episodes as Ranma 1/2, and Season 7 would put it over by 23 episodes.

On September 1, 2016 at 2:29 AM, Mike Marlowe said:

Take it and run with it, I say. Can't really say we've had a moment yet where I've said "Yeah... maybe it's time to hang it up".

FiM is special, that goes without saying, I think that they could realistically keep things for a while longer than most animated series can, whether they will or not, we'll see, there is a lot of unknown out there. Hopefully whatever we get after FiM will expand on it rather than reboot it.

Well atleast it has more episodes than Disney's Jessie.

I absolutely think FiM should end after the movie. I mean, look what happened to SpongeBob after the first movie. I highly doubt FiM would stoop to the lows post-movie SB reached, but it would definitely go through a lot of seasonal rot. 

Conflicted, I feels natural for them to end it with the Movie. And I'd rather they end it before it gets any worse if S6 is any indication

On the other hand, S6 would be a lousy final season. Lots of squandered potential and a finale that sidelines the entire mane 6 for Starlight and a bunch of rejects? Screw that

On 8/30/2016 at 0:58 AM, Steamworks said:

50 seasons and a 20 movie franchise resulting in Equestria being a more developed world than Tolkien's Middle Earth.

50 seasons where 90% of episodes are Slice of Life that add absolutely nothing to the world and the other 10% add a little bit of world building and lore that usually conflicts with the books and comics. 

Fixed that for you.

Hasbro isn't going to stop the MLP series until there's a significant decline in their product sales. That's my guess at least. 

I honestly don't see this season being any worse/better than the last season. 

• Like 1