Sign in to follow this  
WeAreBorg

Pony Names

PonyNames  

16 members have voted

1. 1. PonyNames

• No
    • Yes

On of the classic things I had on the old EQD/MTMS server was AnonNames better known as PonyNames. It was a plugin I wrote that any player could use the command !newname to change their name to 1 of 120 pony names. You were all but anonymous to other players and you could choose a new name every 15 seconds or so. It was rather fun to see Luna dominating Celestia, or Mr. Cake killing off Mrs. Cake. You always had the ability to get your old name back at any time.

Now don't worry about the admin side of things and being able to track people down and such. That is easily taken care of as a person's true name is always visible to an admin.

I was wondering if this kind of plugin would be fun to have on the server, or not, or if I should make it where only donators can use it? i would need to rewrite it but its only a few hundred lines of code.

On of the classic things I had on the old EQD/MTMS server was AnonNames better known as PonyNames. It was a plugin I wrote that any player could use the command !newname to change their name to 1 of 120 pony names. You were all but anonymous to other players and you could choose a new name every 15 seconds or so. It was rather fun to see Luna dominating Celestia, or Mr. Cake killing off Mrs. Cake. You always had the ability to get your old name back at any time.

Now don't worry about the admin side of things and being able to track people down and such. That is easily taken care of as a person's true name is always visible to an admin.

I was wondering if this kind of plugin would be fun to have on the server, or not, or if I should make it where only donators can use it? i would need to rewrite it but its only a few hundred lines of code.

1) If admins will now be able to see what a players real steam name is then yes, if not then you know my stance on this.

2) This would be better as a perk.

I feel like it'd 'cause a lot of chaos with everyone changing their names constantly. I wanna remember who's face I'm grinding into the dust without checking the scoreboard!