1. 1. Favorite Season?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6

8 hours ago, Rivendare said:

Currently, my favorite is Season 1. It's just so nostalgic to me, that it's hard to rank another season above it. Season 1 was simple and charming. It quickly hooked me into FiM and introduced us to some excellent characters that we've grown to like.

I've heard lots of praise for Season 5, but I've yet to rewatch most of Season 5 episodes, so I'll have to watch more Season 5 before I can judge it fully.

This pretty much sums up how I feel as well. Season 1 had a very simplistic charm to it and there was a time when season 1 was the only season. It is why I started watching this show, I liked the simple and happy feel the show had. Don't get me wrong I like the other season but season 1 is the one that made me love the show.

• Like 1

I often think the show just naturally gets better. With each new season surpassing the last in a way.

I do think come S5 and S6 that it's mellowed out and they're fairly on par with S4. Certainly some episodes still really shine higher. The show always ends up surprising me with something!

S3 is an outliner, because of the big changes that were introduced and the fact that it was half the length as all the others. But I do feel it had the potential to continue with the rule if it had been a full 26 episode season.

I voted S4 in the poll because it did have a whole bunch of brilliant points to it. 

• It instantly within the first episode made up for anything negative you could say about S3
  • Properly established Twilight being a princess
  • Established what Discord was going to be like after his reformation. It was brilliant that he was essentially the villain for the S4 opener.
  • Finale was just mind blowing. That fight scene though!

S5 didn't blow me away when it started but once it got into it there were some really brilliant episodes. Properly some of the best episodes in the entire series.

For me it would either be season 4 or season 5. I went with season 4 because there was a lot more episodes I didn't have serious problems with. I still have yet to re-watch some of the episodes from season 5, so that might be effecting my position.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every season, but season one is still my favorite. It's the one that dragged me out of the black pit of depression and into a shiny, colorful world of pastel ponies. ♥

I like 3 the best. Even though it has the least episodes, 13 instead of the usual 26, it has some of my favorite episodes including one bad apple which gave the first new member of the CMC. I still don't see why it has 2 votes, 2 out of 48, since it has the single most inportant event in my little pony, TWI BECOMES A PRINCESS, A FREAKING PRINCESS, and yet its still the least liked season out of 6, i mean 7. 

Apparently this is back up, despite the poll being outdated. I continue to be partial to season 2, which began to tell more sophisticated stories without betraying the solid humour and relative simplicity which made up the show's charm. It also just has the highest percentage of episodes I liked - around 79%, even with all the duds.  After that would probably be 1 or 6, though 4 is growing on me. 

• Like 1

While I think Season 4 is the best season, Season 2 is my favorite season mostly because of how much it stepped up its game from Season 1 and it being the reason I stuck with the show when I binged it way back in 2011. But at the same time, I don't think that any season of the show is bad. Personally, I think the worst is Season 3. Again, I don't think the season is necessarily bad, but I do think that because of the length of the season being only half of every other season of the show, it made the good and bad episodes stand out more as being good or bad, making the season seem more hit or miss than the others. In my case, the season is about 50/50 in terms of quality. Half the episodes are really good, but the other half is anywhere from meh to ugh.