Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

Interest Check: MGE Tournament

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/MGE_Mod

tl;dr - 1v1 mod for TF2.

I'm looking at holding it late October, probably the weekend before Halloween. Ideally, the matches will be class locked (so Soldier vs Soldier, Scout vs Scout, etc with no mixing of the classes) so the matches are about as fair as they can get, so there will (hopefully) be brackets for Soldier, Scout, Demo, and Sniper (in the name of fairness, I will be segregating the more experienced players into their own brackets. I don't want newbies getting shat on by nerds with like 5k hours in the game). Prizes...it's all for glory at the moment (if I can figure out the name of an ipboard plugin, I may be able to get a little icon dealy that gets stuck on your profile and stuff for winning). I do plan on streaming the whole thing, so you'll be seen on Twitch. Maybe I'll even have viewers for it!

If you wanna give the mod a shot, I have a server up at 66.151.244.122:27017 (it'll also give you a taste of what the ping would be during the tournament).

If you want to be able to keep people coming back I would highly recommend not doing an MGE tournament. TF2 isn't built for this 1v1 style it it becomes noticable very quickly. MGE is a warm up not a main event.

It also requires very few participants. 4 players is a very short MGE tournament. Four 4s teams quadruples the player count needed for even that small of a tourney. Even ultiduo is twice the player requirement.