Sign in to follow this  
Scherzo

Automatic Playtime Events

In short - set up the community group to always send out events on certain days at certain times.  Events seem to always get people to pile into the servers, and I think that having a Steam pop-up to alert people of the server's, y'know, existence could do well to keep the server populations healthy.

It's kinda something that I think (the lack of) caused the downfall of PF2's regular vanilla server - people only really filled it up when there was a scheduled event for the community group.

• Like 1

Yeah I would definitely go with this. I can't be on that often cause of college work and from what I have seen the people who were playing don't seem like the types to attempt seeding the server. Basically the servers seem like they maybe a it low unless there is something special.

Yep, couldn't we do like a certain gaming day on, I dunno, maybe like a Saturday when we all try to pile into the server? It's something we tried on the UK of Equestria forums once when we tried our own TF2 server.

I would unsub in a heartbeat if I was getting notification popups multiple times every week for events that happened every week. We'll advertised regular events are fun and I'm all for them, but save notifications for big stuff. 

I think that the Friday/Saturday night events could be great for a short while, maybe until the server is regularly filled up so it doesn't become annoying after several weeks.

• Like 1

I would unsub in a heartbeat if I was getting notification popups multiple times every week for events that happened every week. We'll advertised regular events are fun and I'm all for them, but save notifications for big stuff. 

I have left groups for this reason.

I think that the Friday/Saturday night events could be great for a short while, maybe until the server is regularly filled up so it doesn't become annoying after several weeks.

We plan to keep the weekly events going on.

We do have a FiG steam group where we may have events alot more then we do in EQD's steam group.

Aye, that's all I'm really asking for.  Some manner of event once or twice a week that reliably brings traffic to the servers, until we have enough people who go "man, this place is awesome" and stick around regularly.

Also, are we set up for Quickplay?  I mean it's not going to be as effective as before seeing as QP defaults to valve-only servers, but still.

I agree with Scherzo and Power, the forum is new and we need all the publicity we can get in the short term.  A couple of popup's every week is nothing compared to the sheer number of groups a lot of ponies belong too anyways and their events that they inevitable post up about.  Besides, we all get way way more popups from people signing in or playing games or sending messages anyways.

As long as it's not like every day or whatever all the attention we'll be getting in the beginning will more than outweigh any concerns like this.

Edited by "User"

The goal at least in my opinion is to have people playing on at least one server every single day. If we can get 24 people playing on one server for a good few hours every day, then I am happy. With the sad closing of PF2 tonight, I think we're going to start seeing a surge of people moving over here 

Mods vs. Non Mods, or maybe highlander nights.

I am not okay with this unless we get to use admin hax. You people seem to be really good at video games. I am okay at video games but borg is bad at them. We would lose 0 - 600.

Edited by vman315

I am not okay with this unless we get to use admin hax. You people seem to be really good at video games. I am okay at video games but borg is bad at them. We would lose 0 - 600.

Just do that video Star and Jerma did with the 2v30 just don't use /kill stuff so that there is a chance

sm_tothemoon @red

sm_teleport @red off a cliff or into a saw

sm_sethp @blue 99999; sm_rateoffire @blue 2.15; sm_aia @red 1; sm_bgod @red 1;

You know what was fun? 0 damage slap air jousting. Melee only, slapping yourself in order to "fly" and then wracking eachother in passing.  Just saiyan.

Well, its gonna be pretty sad for people on the other side of the world. (People like me, for instance.)

I'm cool with it, though. Not that I have much time to play games much anyways.