Sethisto

Would you drop everything and be a pony?!

If I ever agreed to such a thing, I could see the future going down in only one way: Like one of the common themes in a crappy HiE fic. Dude goes to Equestria. Dude has knowledge of lots of tech that doesn't exist. Equestria advances to the iron age.

Seriously, be unicorn, build plane, don't need to be pegasus. I could make a whole heap of improvements on Pinkie's flying thingy.

(What? I like planes)

As for the actual question, at this particular time, no I would not. Maybe when I get into my middle ages and develop back problems, or become bored with or bitter towards everything in life or something, I dunno.

On 8/31/2016 at 8:05 PM, Sethisto said:

My old favorite discussion post from back in the day because its slightly creepy and interesting at the same time. You are offered a chance to be teleported to Equestria, with no chance of returning and no chance to let everyone know. You can be any type of pony you want, and are decked out with a house and 5 years worth of your needs being paid while you look for a pony based career. Do you do it?!

Speaking from the real me......? There isn't ENOUGH amount of yes' in the WORLD for my answer. ;)

I'm too Genre Savvy to just say yes right off the bat.

Instead, I'd have to analyze all the pros and cons with Grand-Admiral-Thrawn-level scrutiny first.

On 9/18/2016 at 0:49 PM, Metemponychosis said:

I was saying your argument is bullshit. That is not crude nor is it a strawman. It' an opinion.

And now you're repeating your point that Equestria must be like the US because its writers drew inspiration from it to come up with Equestria. I said that being inspired by something doesn't make it the same. Specially when you want me to remove parts of what defines Equestria and that make it different. And you're saying that I'M building a strawman?

Then you're pretty much saying that anything I come up with to show that Equestria is different must be based on something that you allow it to come from when I already said that Equestria should be seem, for the sake of this conversation, as it's own independent world. Can you name THIS logical fallacy?

Easy there, no need to lose tempers. Everyone has their own opinions but there's no need to let it spiral out of control, let bygone's be bygone's.