Sethisto

Would you drop everything and be a pony?!

My old favorite discussion post from back in the day because its slightly creepy and interesting at the same time. You are offered a chance to be teleported to Equestria, with no chance of returning and no chance to let everyone know. You can be any type of pony you want, and are decked out with a house and 5 years worth of your needs being paid while you look for a pony based career. Do you do it?!

• Like 1

I'd want to stay a human. I'd miss all my friends and family and all the routines I've set for myself. Not to mention that said friends and family would wonder where I went and worry about me. That's not to say that the offer isn't tempting though.

Not given the chance to say goodbye or let people know, I don't think so. As much as I would love it, I couldn't leave my friends and family forever wondering what happened to me.

Short of that, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

No thanks, nope, not gonna do it. I wouldn't survive five minutes.

I would be the first sucker to die in the latest monster attack.

Yes, because I basically see it as a restart button of my life. It would be something new and adventurous. Yes, there are dangers, but I would rather take a world with heroes and villains over the grayness of reality.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sethisto said:

My old favorite discussion post from back in the day because its slightly creepy and interesting at the same time. You are offered a chance to be teleported to Equestria, with no chance of returning and no chance to let everyone know. You can be any type of pony you want, and are decked out with a house and 5 years worth of your needs being paid while you look for a pony based career. Do you do it?!

No, I would not. I... actually like my life. And I'm not gonna abandon my mother/friends/family/responsibilities. Not even to meet Trixie.

Even if you expanded it to somehow include the ability to correspond with my family to let them know I'm OK and update them with my life, no. I'd miss my hands.

Though if I could correspond with my folks and become a griffon (thus still have hand-like digits), maybe....

It's very tempting, but I might have to say no unless I could bring my best friend along with me, if not, I'd have to pass. I'm not abandoning my friends. :(

I love my life here, so... sorry, but no.

But, I'll ask if he/she/it can come back in 60 years, or when I die, I mean... I can't deny a second lifespan, right?

As framed in the OP, no. Not a chance. Shove off, mate.

Now, assuming this is like a Narnia type deal, or maybe The Inner Light? I live an entire hoers lifetime in only an instant of real-world time? If so, then yes. Sign me up.

50 minutes ago, ABronyAccount said:

As framed in the OP, no. Not a chance. Shove off, mate.

Now, assuming this is like a Narnia type deal, or maybe The Inner Light? I live an entire hoers lifetime in only an instant of real-world time? If so, then yes. Sign me up.

If that's the offer, than I'd probably do it.

It's a very tempting offer, but under those regrettable circumstances, I'd respectfully decline. I feel I would simply be unhappy, knowing I abandoned all of those dear to me.

It's the " no chance to let everyone know" part that's kinda the deal-breaker here. Chance of adventure and something drastically different? Sure.

But, like, not even a note on the door saying "BRB. Gonna be a pony. K Bye."? Just too steep a deal for my liking. Too many thing left unsaid

Plus the house insurance premiums in Ponyville. Makes my head spin just thinking about it.

sounds kinda fun....but I am born human and live in my homeworld. Moving to Equestria seems different and life

It's always the case of missing friends and family.

If I could still see them, i'd go for it certainly.

What about if you can teleport whilst you're on your death bed. Best plan. Cheat all the death. Or do you just appear in Equestria as Granny Smith's dominos buddy...

I would say yes on 2 conditions.

Be a unicorn type pony with exceptionally powerful magic.

Retain all my previous memories and have the ability to conjure computers and practically recreate the INTERNET in Equestria with my magic.

I couldn't accept being restricted to this world once given that offer, I'd take it, then do everything in my power to understand the mechanics of my transfer using Science!™. I'd also see if I couldn't entice a few scientifically-minded ponies into reverse-engineering my knowledge of computers. I doubt I'd have much success in either area, but everypony needs a hobby.

As for species, unicorn magic is just too useful to pass up on. I guess if I could be an alicorn, I might take that, just for the free celebrity status, and because an ailocrn appearing out of nowhere might make ponies actually believe my story.

Oh, and do I get to go all Wizard of Oz with my house placement and smash my home into anywhere I want? If that's the case, the royal sisters are getting a new house-mate. (Crashing into their home with my own house counts as moving in, right?)

I would do it in a heartbeat, especially if I get to be a unicorn. I would never look back. Even if I get to be a female pony. Even if I get to be a human in Equestria. It would all be worth it. I would sell my soul for the opportunity to meet the Mane 6, especially Twilight.

If I had an option to be at both worlds and the same time. Then I consider it. I can either be a pony and stay pony for awhile. Hang out with my favorite ponies. Then go back to human real world. ;)