WonkyStallion

Funko Hopes

I wasn't quite sure what to name this topic, so I just went with it.

I have all the figures from Pop! (the ones with the super huge heads), but I'd love if they at least came out with Rarity and AJ. It just doesn't feel right having only 4 of the Mane 6.

Also, the full figures (collectible, I think they're officially called) of the Mane 6 are really hard to come by from what I understand. I only have Maud and Shining Armor at the moment, but I'd love to complete the collection. Do you think Funko will re-release them so those of us who don't have them can get them?

I really hope they make the regular figurines again because they were some of the best and most show-accurate figurines on the market. Not only were they cute but they were among the first sets to feature cutie marks on both sides. And there are so many other ponies they can still make, such as Sunset Shimmer and Starlight Glimmer.

I wish the earlier accurate color mystery minis would get a re-release. 

I think the funko figures are great and used to collect the full size vinyls. I gave them up due to space issues when I moved but would love to re-collect some of my favorites at least in mystery mini form. The earlier color ones seem near impossible to obtain. I don't think Rarity or AJ even got a show accurate release in mini form either, so I'd love to see those.

ajnrules, I agree that Sunset and Starlight would be really good ones to be made. Those are probably the 2 I'd like to see most.

I remember there being something about the reason they stopped is because Hot Topic no longer wanted to carry MLP merch. :/ Which is why I never buy hardly anything there anymore. This was pretty much the big outlet for these. Other places didn't want to carry ones more delicate(Princesses, Cheese, ect), or unrecognizable to parents(any besides the mane 6, DJ, Octavia apparently) it seems :/ If they ever did pick them back up, I do hope Sunset would get made first, and Starlight needs one as well. I'd buy two of each of those even, one to debox and one to keep MIB. 

Funko still has the pony license, as they've made smaller-scale things like the minis series 3, and the emote blindbags - though weird, are selling from what I've seen. Maybe people should write to them? It's got to count for something :)

Another reason I believe they stopped, is the horrible sales for the CMC's. They made way too many, thinking EVERYONE would want one. Only Sweetie Belle really 'sold out', after a while. They couldn't even get rid of the other 2 for like $10 I remember once at HT. Really, that and Maud probably made the sales look pretty bad. She's still sitting in some stores. I bought one, and never found a glitter. But now, any that sell don't mean a whole lot with a $9 sticker slapped on the box :s

I totally agree about Rarity and Applejack getting their own  Funko figures. Would be nice to see Cheerilee, Luna or any of the Cutie Mark Crusaders get the same sized figurines too.

Interestingly, Hasbro Toy Shop sells the Funko vinyls along with mystery minis now.   As of time of posting, they have Derpy/Muffins, Dr. Whooves, Lyra, Octavia, Great and Powerful Trixie, Daring Do, Shining Armor, Spike and Maud.   

By the way, there is another mystery mini series slated for the future and it's supposedly Power Pony themed