Maybe not so much a suggestion as an idea. But what might the forum developers think of more themes than the two available now? Each with its own banner, forum and subforum icons, colors, and maybe font? I enjoy personalization and variety, so it could be fun if it's not too much of a hassle for the developers.

• Like 1

Okay I'm going to go ahead and necro this because the thread already exists.

An alternate Dark theme is something we really need. :newspaper:

For obvious reasons like people in dark rooms, mobile users and being easier on the eyes. And generally not having your eyes scorched when you open the forums at night. A lot of sites have a dark theme option, so I don't see why we couldn't. A dark theme shouldn't be too hard to pull off and it can be either with EQD or FiG's banner. If not a black, at least a gray or something with lower brightness and not a wall of solid light that can turn an LCD display into a lighthouse.

• Like 4

On 10/22/2016 at 5:00 PM, Skyrazer said:

Okay I'm going to go ahead and necro this because the thread already exists.

An alternate Dark theme is something we really need. :newspaper:

For obvious reasons like people in dark rooms, mobile users and being easier on the eyes. And generally not having your eyes scorched when you open the forums at night. A lot of sites have a dark theme option, so I don't see why we couldn't. A dark theme shouldn't be too hard to pull off and it can be either with EQD or FiG's banner. If not a black, at least a gray or something with lower brightness and not a wall of solid light that can turn an LCD display into a lighthouse.

This is a must, in due time.

Dark theme is finally here! To try it out, scroll to the bottom of the page, click Theme, and select Midnight. Feel free to leave feedback.

On 18.4.2017 at 5:38 AM, Kaethela said:

Dark theme is finally here! To try it out, scroll to the bottom of the page, click Theme, and select Midnight. Feel free to leave feedback.

I really appreciate the dark theme, it's so much easier on the eyes than the white one - I'm just wondering if it'd be possible to have the avatars be square-shaped while using it?

On 8/2/2017 at 10:47 AM, Jaspers said:

I really appreciate the dark theme, it's so much easier on The Eyes than the white one - I'm just wondering if it'd be possible to have the avatars be square-shaped while using it?

That is an excellent question that I will look into.

• Like 1