Steamworks

S6 - Episode 18 - Discussion

Where to watch:
(Some of the pages have the episode title in them already. If you can't bear to even know that, you should probably avoid them until it's time for the episode.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/4c13r3/mlpfim_season_6_episode_streams/

(28 Pranks Later, The Times They Are A Changeling, and Dungeons and Discords are airing as a run up to the new episode. If you're behind, here's your chance to catch up.)

DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4rr8oh_my-little-pony-fim-season-6-episode-18-buckball-season-hd_tv

YouTube:

Here's hoping for Pony Quiddich.

With the revelation that ponies are too smart to do the stupid Snitch/Seeker thing that totally ruined an otherwise fictional game.

Or better yet.  Pony Calvinball.....

One particular character, check. Second particular character, mentioned. Third hoping for. Not sure. But this episode established the plot very quickly in first 10 minutes. I am loving this pacing. Edit: I liked it. Snails saying just don't think about it or anything, hey if it works it works. Where the heck was Snips though? But the show really needs to advance the overarching story just a bit.

Edited by Canyon Light
More post episode words.

Having been a gamer ever since I picked up an NES controller at the wee age of 3, I can speak for the entire ESports scene in general when it comes to this episode's dilemma. NOT EVERYONE was meant to dig into bags of Doritos and glug down the Mountain Dew in the name of Major League Gaming, let alone up on a podium with some of the all time greats of Starcraft, HOWEVER, as long as you ENJOY playing video games, that's really all that matters in the end !

I enjoy the rush of a ranked Street Fighter match, however, that's not everybody's cup of tea, and I accept that.  It should be a good reminder for everyone regardless despite your choice of game. Heck, I enjoy Starcraft and Warcraft, even though I completely suck at strategy games.  I play both games I'm good at, such as Call of Duty, AND experiment with genres I'm not too familiar with, and that's the way I like it most !

Pretty decent episode all in all, I look forward to reading the rest of the reactions.

I'm glad the conflict was resolvable quickly this time.

Fluttershy was standing up for herself and Pinkie Pie not wanting to play Buckball seriously with pressure. Oh, and those scarfs! Losing always sucks for one side, but better luck next time Appleloosa. One could use a balance between being competitive, (good at the sport) and having fun and enjoyment. Never should forget why a sport or game is fun in the first place. Which was why you tried new things like these sports/games at all. Because you enjoy it. If it comes to pass you only care about winning at any price, that you only concern yourself with how your performance is at the cost of others' enjoyment of, or feelings (sappy I know). That is the time to take a step back and consider the above. You don't want to cause a negative impact on your family or friends, do you? How much are you willing to sacrifice or compromise for this? I've seen organized gaming that takes itself more seriously than necessary, because the performance was less than perfect every time.

On the other hand, when you play competitively, you go big or you go home packing. If you choose to play competitively, you should realize what it means to be competitive, how it can have an impact for good or ill on you and the people you care about. Do your best, that's all anyone can ask of you, really.

Just saw the episode for myself. It was great. Even better considering my fiancée was pretty desperate for an Applejack/Rainbow Dash episode for MONTHS. I can't wait to hear the news that he's seen it.

What a fun episode! It turned out to be a more ponified version of basketball, but I enjoyed it anyway. This episode definitely wins for best faces, and I love that we got a Pinkie/Fluttershy centered story this time around. On a side note, I think Rainbow Dash has matured greatly, and I like seeing her this way. I hope that trend continues. In the meantime, Pinkie Pie with her hair up is adorable, and Flutters is as cute as ever. Happy ponies make for a happy episode. This slice of lifer gets an A from me.

It was a good episode, but...the character we haven't seen in a LOOOOONG time was Snails?! I was expecting something major from the way that guy worded it in his post. Still, he had a good outing.

1 minute ago, WonkyStallion said:

It was a good episode, but...the character we haven't seen in a LOOOOONG time was Snips?!

Snips is kinda fat though. No offense.

Just now, Canyon Light said:

I liked the Quidditch inspiration for Buckball.

THAT'S what the Harry Potter post on EQD was referring to. I didn't catch that. (Pun not totally intended. ...Okay, it was. I'll go to my room now)

• Like 2

Oh gosh this episode was amazing. It kind of speaks to both sports players and multiplayer gamers. I am a gamer and i cannot stress enough how important is to have fun while playing with others. Many teammates these days treat the game as it was a job or something that has to be done in a certain way no matter what and that often ruins the fun for me. It may not be an episode for everyone but is sure was important for me and fun at the same time.

Btw. Theory crafting for why Snails is so good at it. 

Earth ponies are the strength based race and their specialty is power. Pinkie nailed it.

Pegasi are agility based and their specialty is dexterity. Fluttershy nailed it.

Unicorns are intellect based and their specialty is thinking. And thinkers usually suck at outdoor activities. The unicorns called for the test nailed it.

I think u got the point by now right?... Snails should have been another race.

It took me two viewings to realise that they actually had minimal cast in this episode despite four of the mane 6 were in the episode. I sometimes forget that Flutteryshy/Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash/Applejack are voiced only by two different voice actresses.

As for the episode, I was surprised that they actually managed to make me like Snails. It was an enjoyable episode all around. 

• Like 1

1472918752849.png

>"LOOK WHO YOU FUCKING LOST AGAINST"
>"A PAIR THAT WASN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE THERE"

>"FUCKING PONIES FUCKING PONIES"

4chan cup the episode.

The episode could be summarized as: 4cc the episode.

/ap/ vs /pv/. /pv/  wins lol.

Or if not that, a Friendship Test.