Mike Marlowe

How often do you watch the show live?

How often do you watch the show live?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you watch the show live?

• Every chance possible.
    • Only for new episodes.
    • Every other week or so.
    • Maybe once a month.
    • Rarely, if ever.
    • Never. (unintentionally)
    • Never. (by choice)

Was curious, how often does everyone here actually watch the show live? Whether directly on TV or a live stream of the broadcast, doesn't need to be new content, as long as it is being broadcast that moment.

Me personally, I try to tune in for every new episode but I have a very strict work schedule, and I've actually been working 11am every Saturday for the last 14 months or so.

I used to be able to catch the live stream on my laptop, but now that I'm back in college, that doesn't seem possible anymore.

Now I do what my fiancée does by waiting for the upload to YouTube.

I managed to watch the first half of season 6 live, but then I moved. I don't really trust livestreams when it comes to new episodes. I've had experiences where the stream lags and I miss something important.

I used to watch new episodes of Season 6 when they premiered on Discovery Family.

But since I don't have cable TV anymore,

I just wait for the episodes to show up on Google Drive the day after they air.

Sadly I can really not afford the cable package -just- to get Discovery Family. So instead I have to watch it uploaded somewhere. I really hate to do that, but I can't justify the cost to watch one thing, one day a week for a few weeks in a row, then a break, then back again and finally gone for half a year. Switching cable packages doesn't work like that :/

I support the show by buying a lot of merchandise though, so it evens out really. I don't full-on collect AJ anymore, but I still buy non-mane 6 stuff all the time xD

I'd like to buy the full season DVD sets eventually as well, it won't be on Netflix forever. This supports the show too.

Never, more or less by choice. I'm unavailable to watch TV on Saturday mornings. If it aired Sunday-Thursday mornings I'd watch it live. But I don't see that happening as it's always been on Saturdays. I usually watch via YouTube Saturday night or Sunday when it's added to On Demand.

I have Discovery Family on my TV and I can also record things on my TV, so I recorded every single episode of pony that there is and I can watch them whenever I want. This morning I actually watched a livestream of the new episode on my computer, though. 

I usually prefer to wait until it's available without streaming, but I do sometimes catch a stream if I happen to be near the computer when the episode airs.

I've only every seen it aired live once.... at a convention.  Otherwise I'm usually working when they air, so I just watch it later.  Sometimes as late as Monday. Which really pushes back projects...

Panning out pretty much how I expected, happy to know I'm not alone in not being able to see it live(though I figured that would be the case).

I wish Hasbro had some kind of official live stream of their episodes, I know it's not that simple. I don't have Discovery Family as an option so even when I have the time I'm watching a stream as opposed to the televised broadcast directly. 

Never, I usually worked through when new episodes aired. And these days I work the night shift so I'm asleep when a new episode airs.

I never do. I don't have cable and I wouldn't like watching it on a stream so I just watch new episodes on youtube.