Dennis Abernathy Harrison

Harmless Bugs & Animals You're Afraid of

Fish, sort of. When swimming in any natural water source where I can't see the bottom, I have a paralyzing fear of my feet being bitten or nibbled on, or being startled at feeling something move, or probably the worst- stepping on a dead one. *shiver* It's sad really, because I love swimming. And it's not too often one can find a swimming area with crystal clear water.

• Like 1

Bees, spiders (dunno if these first two count, to be honest; I'm not allergic to 'em tho, so I guess, maybe?), flies, dragonflies, caterpillars, pretty much any bug creeps me out.

Also I've never seen a scorpion outside of YouTube videos. And I want to keep it that way. Not sure that one counts, since they have stingers and those look like they'd hurt, but still.

Also, ducks. I don't like 'em. Unless I'm a safe distance away.

• Like 1

Add beetles to the list. Once I was walking around the next-door County Fair and I unwittingly spent around two hours walking around with a beetle stuck in my hair. I only found out when I kept feeling bothered by that sudden lump on my head and I grabbed it and it moved, which made me scream like a sissy to the next state. I honestly still feel haunted by that. 

You're welcome for the nightmare fuel and Maximum Cringe. :applebelch:

The main thing would be Mosquitoes, that high pitched buzzing sound they make drives me insane.

Those things spawning is the worst part of summer, I get paranoid every time I leave the window open, even when it has a bug net on it. Damn things keep me awake some nights because I think I hear their buzzing sound.

The only other things would be maggots and larvae. :applebelch:

This one is a bit uh... not for the faint of heart so I'll spoiler it.

I remember watching a show about strange medical emergencies and a woman was admitted into the ER after she found she had a wound on the back of her head she never remembered getting. After an examination it turned out a large species of fly had laid its egg on her head and a larvae had burrowed into the flesh above her scalp leaving a sizable hole in her flesh. One surgery later the larvae was extracted and all was well. 

That's some quality Nightmare fuel right there.

I friggin' loathe palmetto bugs.

Take your typical "German" cockroach and scale it up by a factor of 20, then take away its fear of light. Now give them a pair of demonic wings, so that they might scurry through the very airs as a typical cockroach scurries about the face of the Earth.

4 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

The main thing would be Mosquitoes

Mosquitoes have killed half of all humans that have ever lived, so they're not exactly "harmless".

For me, it's got to be ticks. You never know when one might be on you, sucking your blood.

Bees, wasps, and hornets! When I was a little girl, I remember attending a nature camp, and a bee landed on me during a hike. I stood very still, yet it stung me. I lost my trust for them and any other flying stinging critter, and always run in the opposite direction when they're around! :P

14 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

Alright, maybe not pegasi.

9 hours ago, Masturboy84 said:

Even airplanes? 

I mean anything that is sentient, planes are not living beings.

I wouldn't say they're harmless but any kind of bee, wasp, or hornet terrifies me. I was traumatized as a kid by accidentally finding a wasp nest in the back of my mail box. I have never been able to open said mail box from the back again.