newworld

Personal thoughts on season 6 as well as the fandom

Some questions about said title:

Is Season 6 objectively the worst in the show, as well as all of TV?

Has every episode in Season 6,all the way back to season 1 been trash in disguise of a jewel?

Is MLP really going to hell/losing quality? Or has it already done that when the first second of the show even first aired on a TV screen?

I like every episode thus far, but even though I opinions are not directed at me, I feel attacked. Am I wrong in liking, to be clear, The Crystalling, Gift of the Maud Pie, On Your Marks, Gauntlet of Fire, No Second Prances, Newbie Dash, Hearth's Warming Tale, Saddle Row Review, AJ's Day Off? I haven't watched the others in the later episodes now because all I'll get are accusations that "I'm deluded and insane and stupid and short sighted and not critical to like these episodes for these reasons."

From the comments of Equestria Daily and MLPForums, is everyone right in saying MLP is going to hell and I am wrong in thinking that it's not?

I have very low esteem and everyone wants me to stay down because me sticking up for myself is only going to get myself into more hurt and trouble and that's all there ever will be. All the pessimism has gotten to me and now I'm convinced that this show has done the complete opposite of its original intention. I am so angry at the world, I want to cry every night even though I don't at all and  I feel like doing horrible things to everyone, especially the fans, the voice actresses, the old and new writers, the staff, Lauren Faust, Bonnie Zacherle and everyone else whom I thought I liked. I've come to believe that no friendship exists at all and that I've been lying to myself. I've become convinced that friendship is not magic. I have nothing but sadness, anger and hate in my heart and I am blaming everyone else as the reason. Friendship never was, never is, and never will be magic.

From previous topic: After all these barrages of extreme spitting on the episodes in the first half of Season 6, it's left me traumatized because of all the negativity and i haven't watched the other episodes yet because I'm still too scared to even see that the rest will just be hate and flak again and I'm too helpless to do anything about it.

I don't want your answers to be based on opinions. No matter the case or circumstances, all you ever say is based on subjectivity and I can't accept that at all. I want only one answer. I demand absolute, undeniable, irrefutable truth.  Nothing else.

Meh, seasons 3 and 6 are the worst in the series so far. There has to be a 2 worst seasons and those are it.

All of TV? Star Trek: The Next Generation's first 2 seasons were pretty crummy (and that's a series I've loved for nearly a quarter century now). Season 3 of the original Star Trek had such clunkers as Spock's Brain. Dallas retconned an entire season as a dream because of how hated a character death in it was. Star Trek Voyager is a thing, as is Enterprise. Heil Honey, I'm Home was cancelled after a single episode aired. The Star Wars Holiday Special aired on TV.

The best thing about FiM is that, at it's worst, it's merely not noteworthy. While it's had its share of missteps and dodgy bits, it has never gone as far as transwarp space lizards.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily think that S6 is the worst season yet, but then again I am easily impressed and pleased and as such I always find something positive about each episode. I think in terms of storytelling, character development, and animation, it's been steadily increasing in quality.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with liking this season. There's nothing wrong with disliking this season. What IS wrong, however, is being an ass about your opinions and trying to force them on the opposing side. Don't let anyone tell you you're trash for liking or disliking anything, they're just being trash themselves.

• Like 1

If you want an answer not filled with ANY opinions or subjected to the viewpoints of others then you're just gonna have to watch the episodes for yourself.  But then again... That's just my opinion.  Everyone is entitled to one, but you don't have to agree with it.

I'm telling you I can't take it anymore. I'm already hurt with all this Season 6 hate. How am I supposed to enjoy Season 6 when I'm already beaten down by too much negativity? I have chest pains and I sometimes feel like self-harming because of all the hate when I'm trying to enjoy it in peace and all by myself.

7 hours ago, Steamworks said:

Meh, seasons 3 and 6 are the worst in the series so far. There has to be a 2 worst seasons and those are it.

All of TV? Star Trek: The Next Generation's first 2 seasons were pretty crummy (and that's a series I've loved for nearly a quarter century now). Season 3 of the original Star Trek had such clunkers as Spock's Brain. Dallas retconned an entire season as a dream because of how hated a character death in it was. Star Trek Voyager is a thing, as is Enterprise. Heil Honey, I'm Home was cancelled after a single episode aired. The Star Wars Holiday Special aired on TV.

The best thing about FiM is that, at it's worst, it's merely not noteworthy. While it's had its share of missteps and dodgy bits, it has never gone as far as transwarp space lizards.

From that, I feel like I can't enjoy any tv show or movie anymore because it's imperfect.

7 hours ago, lilcipher said:

I don't necessarily think that S6 is the worst season yet, but then again I am easily impressed and pleased and as such I always find something positive about each episode. I think in terms of storytelling, character development, and animation, it's been steadily increasing in quality.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with liking this season. There's nothing wrong with disliking this season. What IS wrong, however, is being an ass about your opinions and trying to force them on the opposing side. Don't let anyone tell you you're trash for liking or disliking anything, they're just being trash themselves.

When did I ever say I'm imposing my views? I'm trying to vent out my frustrations.

5 hours ago, ZeBronyCaptain said:

If you want an answer not filled with ANY opinions or subjected to the viewpoints of others then you're just gonna have to watch the episodes for yourself.  But then again... That's just my opinion.  Everyone is entitled to one, but you don't have to agree with it.

Well I still feel forced to agree with others' opinions even though I don't at all and I don't want to be told I'm wrong. I always feel like there's someone invisible holding me at gunpoint right behind me.

28 minutes ago, newworld said:

I'm telling you I can't take it anymore. I'm already hurt with all this Season 6 hate. How am I supposed to enjoy Season 6 when I'm already beaten down by too much negativity? I have chest pains and I sometimes feel like self-harming because of all the hate when I'm trying to enjoy it in peace and all by myself.

Here is what i can tell you. The vast majority of the ppl that love the show just shut up and enjoy the show. You don't really hear their opinion. The minority criticise it or even hate it but guess what?...you may have heard pretty much all of them and not the first bunch cuz the critic/hater group are the ones that do the most talking. So in conclusion here is what you do: forget the haters and enjoy season 6 as all the others before it because it is as good as ever with many successes and a few flaws here and there. All of the seasons were like this and i can predict that all the next seasons will be the same as long as the show continues.

Also it depends on how sensitive u are about this. If i tell you that the show is amazing and only has minor flaws, on witch part of my sentence do you focus? the part where i said it's amazing or the part where i said it's flawed?. You have to also be honest with yourself and recognize if there is genuine bad to be  addressed. In MLP there is not much bad really but a few bronies maybe exaggerated and focused on that too much and maybe you focused on them as well. Change you perspective to fit reality as much as possible and you will find yourself very satisfied with the result. 

Enjoy MLP because it's still awesome :awesomecheer:

• Like 2

No media is perfect. Expecting perfection is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Yeah, there's been some particularly loud and negative opinions. I've still liked Season 6, even its weakest episodes weren't that bad. Don't let others tell you you're trash for liking an episode they hated. Just about every episode has had at least one vocal critic.

• Like 1

I would personally consider season 6 to be the second weakest of the show, but I still think season 3 was worse. There are just too many mediocre or just "okay" episodes, but good episodes like The Saddle Row Review make it still better than season 3, which had only Sleepless in Ponyville and Magic Duel as really good episodes, in my opinion.

7 hours ago, newworld said:

Well I still feel forced to agree with others' opinions even though I don't at all and I don't want to be told I'm wrong.

I think the issue here is simply that you care too much about what others think.  If you learn to let go, march to the beat of your own drum as it were, then you wouldn't be bothered by it as much, if at all.  At the same time you do need to care about some things, but it's the improper balance of caring and not caring that wrecks havoc on non-other than ourselves.  Sadly many adults have an issue with this.  Just look at social media and you see it everywhere, or look at the stereotypical teenage girl for that matter.  People as a whole care about things.  But when you care about the "wrong" things then you're only hurting yourself.  Everyone needs to learn to respect each others opinions.  That's just my two bits.  Take it with a grain of salt if you have to..  I'm going to go off and not give a hoot, it's what I'm good at anyway.

• Like 1

Sometimes seeing a lot of hate about anything I care a great deal about can get to me as well. My biggest problem is I just don't understand why not being as stimulating as one might like needs to fuel so much hate and anger. I've just never operated like that. My brain just doesn't work like that. So I understand your frustration.

Though I agree with many in that S6 is somewhat weak since nothing in it has struck me or left me with a lasting effect (unlike last season!), that doesn't mean it's going to hell. Every series, pony or otherwise, animated or not, is going to have strong seasons and weak seasons. It's part of the life cycle of a TV series, and should be expected. If one is going to be as involved with the fandom of such a show, differing opinions and attitudes from other fans should be expected, too.

I think what you need, darling, is a good shot of confidence. So when other fans tick you off or you disagree with them, you can stand strong, accept the differences in opinion, and say "I don't agree, and I have every right not to." And then brush the issue off, because you know it's not worth your time and energy. :)

• Like 1

I think in a lot of ways, Season 6 is suffering from having to follow on the heels of Season 5. Season 5 was incredible, especially with how it resolved the Crusaders' long-running plot and gave them a new one. But one thing Season 6 has been doing right is with how Spike's been handled. "Gauntlet of Fire" and "The Times They Are A Changeling" are up there as the best of the season and will likely rank high for the series. (Weird to actually be calling Spike episodes some of the best for a season.)

And some people just seem soured on things because they don't like what happened with Starlight. (The people who were hoping she'd die or be maimed were doomed to be disappointed.) I was figuring, given she seemed to still be a normal pony (though twisted in her views), that she'd be redeemed eventually. I liked that Twilight won not by magical might, but by talking Starlight down.

Just look at EQD! For me it's already a hellhole with comments about wanting characters dead like M6, or SPike or Starlight or what not. Are we really going to end the show on a miserable tone? (if there is no s7)

Only character I think MIGHT die are Celestia and Luna in the movie. 

Especially in regards to Celestia, wise mentor characters usually aren't long for this world. 

At this point I realize I'm already missing a lot. I want to go back but I feel unwelcome, especially from what I see on the comments on Equestria daily. I feel like I should forget about MLP entirely when I don't want to.

Look, don't let EqD define your opinions. There's just a lot of very vocal people there. I think some of the most negative ones are hanging on and not realizing maybe they need to move on if they hate the way the show is now. If you still enjoy it, don't let the bitter ones drive you away. Every fandom eventually gets a bunch of negative and super critical people. It doesn't mean that you need to pay them any mind.

4 hours ago, TaliaKirana said:

Look, don't let EqD define your opinions. There's just a lot of very vocal people there. I think some of the most negative ones are hanging on and not realizing maybe they need to move on if they hate the way the show is now. If you still enjoy it, don't let the bitter ones drive you away. Every fandom eventually gets a bunch of negative and super critical people. It doesn't mean that you need to pay them any mind.

Or you know, skip EQD comment sections and go to Derpibooru. That'd be the next step.

Despite the criticisms Season Six is getting, it is personally my second favourite season, right after Season Five. If anything, I feel like MLP is getting better each and every season and is not going down hill. There are a few stumps sure, but the good outweighs the bad.

Negativity has been around for as long as I can remember, the portion of the fandom that hates everything just happens to be the loudest, just like any vocal minority, while the people who are more positive don't feel the need to shout about it for days on end and normally can't be bothered to argue with negative comments, as it isn't really worth the trouble. I personally never let what others say effect how much I enjoy or dislike the show(this should be a given), all the nonsense about it getting worse with every episode or about how Season 3, 4, 5, and 6, are all the final season and the end is nigh, it's just a needless headache.

Just sit back and enjoy, talk if you want, ignore all the negatives, nine times out of ten they don't have anything constructive to say anyway.

Been a while. But there's also something I have to call out on. I feel that after I said my dislikes towards anything regarding MLP, I realize they may have been too general. When I get down to the specifics, such as why I like this particular episode, you all will suddenly do an about-face from supportive to being feral on me. I don't want to analyze this show regarding characters, plot, or what not, but I feel forced to do so because I feel like I'm coerced into agreeing that the episodes are factually horrible. Bronies would think that those who don't analyze at all are mindless drones. I hate analyzing any media such as Star Wars or TMNT or whatever because I'm just a casual.

I also feel so heavy hearted around MLP forums as well because of their opinions on the future of the show as well. I just need to express what comes on my mind firsthand.

So far I personally really like S6, I think its fantastic! My favorite episodes this season are "No Second Prances" and "The Gift of the Maud Pie". 

Oh, and dont listen to people that say things like "MLP is dead now/this new season absolutely shit".

I mean, c'mon, its ok if you dont like this season, but have some respect for people that like it. Its ok to discuss, but saying that this season is shit its just rude.