Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

RIP PF2

I got most of it except for a tiny bit towards the end: http://ponyfortressclassic.com/www.ponyfortress2.com/indexe336.html

Edit:

Bah, attempts at archiving the last bits overwrote more than I thought. That's kinda sad. If I had noticed the maintenance mode sooner, I'd have killed the archive process and salvaged more. There's still a little hope, though. I'll have to manually dig through HTML files. If anyone has a favorite thread, drop the title here and I'll do what I can.

I was thinking we'd at least have until midnight or maybe sometime tomorrow, hence my last minute attempts at updating the archive.

So much for September 1st.

I managed to capture the final 5 minutes on the server.

Edited by ChaosLord121

I was thinking we'd at least have until midnight or maybe sometime tomorrow, hence my last minute attempts at updating the archive.

Yeah, I was half expecting it to shut down at midnight.

That was what I was expecting myself. Still, regardless of everything... I still won PF2. Now to win FiG.

Also, like I said before when the shutdown was first announced, I archived all the emotes from the PF2 forum, just in case anyone wants to use them... I also can't go five posts without my awesomecheer_zpskvbeorwi.png, you guys know that.

Sad to see it go. I was there for three years- stumbled across the server completely by accident, and it was my intro to the MLP community in general. 

But I'm happy that we've found a new home. Played on the server for the first time tonight, and this is a good place. 

I joined the server two years ago but only joined that forum at the start of the year. I guess I picked a bad time. butt reguardless I had a lot of fun on that MLP heroes server, in fact most of my TF2 screenshots hail from that server, although I did loose a few due to them not being uploaded to the cloud thing.

I am  missing the server, I spent 90% of my time there so it's gonna be hard to find a server with same..hmmm not sure what word to use but it kept pulling me back in.

hmmm not sure what word to use but it kept pulling me back in.

The word you're looking for is "awesome." 

Granted, I realize a lot of people claimed to hate the "OP Horses" mod. But it added a very interesting and unique element to the game. 

Still, even without it, Barnyard is shaping up quite nicely. I only played for a short while last night, but felt instantly at home. 

• Like 1

Sheesh. I stopped playing ages ago and came to.. strongly dislike certain things. But I enjoy messing around on forums, and it's always a better experience when it's with people you know. Thus, here I be. 

I don'teven really care much either way about pones. Don't dislike them or anything. My interests have just moved on. I think it died around the same time people stopped posting pony music. Music is mah favorite thing. Well, that and gaming. And I hear this place is gaming.  

The word you're looking for is "awesome." 

Granted, I realize a lot of people claimed to hate the "OP Horses" mod. But it added a very interesting and unique element to the game. 

Still, even without it, Barnyard is shaping up quite nicely. I only played for a short while last night, but felt instantly at home. 

Heroes could have been so much more if DL hadn't been such a stubborn ass and if the community hadn't pushed for it to be so dumbed down. It would have been much more fun if ultimates and ultimate advantage were just as important as ubers and uber advantage. With drastically reduced HP pools, we wouldn't have really needed dynamic HP, and it would have instantly balanced the Spy based Heroes. Imagine a mechanic for Heroes to steal ultimate from each other. Someone suggested Rarity could only stay uncloaked for a certain period of time, pushing her to become more of a tactical striker. She could also have had an AoE sapper secondary ultimate to deal with the shitty nests that inevitably popped up. Imagine a Chrysalis who leeches 25% healing/ammo off Medics/Dispensers by carefully hanging near them and feeding the leech to her team. Astute players will notice the slowed healing and find her. Vinyl's Bass Cannon could have had a clip with rockets that act like hers normally did but targets sent flying via explosives could have been brutalized with Direct Hit damage if the player could make those sweet, sweet airshots. Fluttershy could have lost uber/ultimate if her patients died while she had full uber.

Sign in to follow this