ZeBronyCaptain

General Submission Section?

I've noticed some individuals having some trouble figuring out which section to post in.  Especially when they would rather be more broad and the subforums seem to be rather specific.  Other forums I've been on in the past have always had a general discussion section, as well as an off-topic section.  That way if people can't figure out where to post then they can just post it there.  The way it worked then was that if the topic could generally fit under another subforum, a moderator or admin would comment as such and move the thread over to the correct group.  Allowing it to function like a general submission section.  Just a thought on a way to help improve the site.  Take it as you will and feel free to share your own thoughts on this subject. ^_^

There's enough sections that there should be a place for everything. If you can't find it, just post it where you think makes the most sense. If it's not the correct place, a mod will move it. No worries!

1 hour ago, Kaethela said:

There's enough sections that there should be a place for everything. If you can't find it, just post it where you think makes the most sense.

The above is exactly why I was bringing this up.  I myself don't have an issue with this since I've been on forums for years... but first time users are overly cautious about making ripples.  So they ask a lot of questions and are often afraid of asking the big ponies (mods/admin) themselves.  A general discussion thread tends to turn the "there should be" into a "there is".  Love to hear from some of the other mods and users on this site as well.  If you are reading this... leave your thoughts ^_^

38 minutes ago, Frécinette said:

@WanderPony If it doesn't fit in any of the specific categories, you may post it in Friendship is Magic.

It's literaly my job to help users so yes, you should ask. I don't (usually) bite you know.

Isn't that only for official canon content?

I think a meta subforum might help. Discussions of the fandom itself don't have a truly great fitting area at the moment (at least not as far as I can tell).

• Like 1