InklingBear

Favorite Episode By Far?

From the very start of FiM to the most recent episode, which episodes of the series was the best for you? Was it good that you just had to see it again? Was it good that it inspired you to do art, music, games, etc.? You can explain why as well if you want to.

I only have 2 favorites, Stare Master and admittedly The Gift of Maud Pie. Not only cause I really like Maud ever since her first appearance in season 4, it was a cute episode for me. Some parts were very fun to observe and everything.

What about you?

Tanks for the Memories

So much emotion in that episode. So much power in the story telling and the feeling. Rainbow Dash's sadness broke my heart.

And the song "I'll Fly" was incredible. My favorite song in mlp.

Just wow. Incredible. Made me cry alot even after the first watch.

Also pretty damn hilarious.

"By far" may be too tall an order.  In general I like almost all of the episodes and have many favorites.  Dividing them up by season, this season so far it's probably "Saddle Row Review".  Last season either "Crusaders of the Lost Mark" or "Amending Fences".  Season 4 probably "Pinkie Pride".  Season 3 "Magic Duel".  Season 2 "Lesson Zero" (although that was a really strong season, with the great evil Discord 2 part opener, the wedding finale, "Sweet and Elite", "Hurricane Fluttershy"...).  Season 1 is the hardest to do, since it has the episodes where I fell in love with the characters.  "Winter Wrap Up" always hits that perfect "season one" vibe for me though, but "Suited for Success" and "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" are right up there as well.

So that's... What, 15 favorite episodes mentioned?  I probably have more.

6 minutes ago, Megas75 said:

Sleepless in Ponyville

Definitely in top 10 maybe even top 5

I love Scootaloo! And the ending scene with Dashie and Scoots was so adorable! Made me cry

Sleepless in Ponyville is one of my personal favorites

Felt the bond formed between Scoots and Dash was great to watch and well writen IMO.

Edited by Kitt Stargazer
adding more to original post.

My top 10...

1 Hurricane Fluttershy
2 Lesson Zero
3 Sisterhooves Social
4 It's About Time
5 Sleepless in Ponyville
6 The Cutie Mark Chronicles
7 Amending Fences
8 The Best Night Ever
9 The Return of Harmony
10 Tanks for the Memories

I don't think anything will unseat Hurricane Fluttershy, but I think 2-5 could be swapped around depending on my mood at the time. 

15 hours ago, LegendaryR'QA said:

Episode 100. The series is over in my mind, because nothing can ever surpass it.

Glad somebody out there admits to liking Slice of Life.  I, too, would consider that my favorite.  I also like Magical Mystery Cure.  Yeah,mit's short and rushed as a result, but the songs are awesome and the Celestia/Twilight transformation and Twilight's coronation never fails to bring me to tears.

Remember, that episode was written to serve as the series finale if the show were not renewed beyond the 65th episode (the old industry standard).  And seen in that light, it succeeded magnificently.

Magical Mystery Cure. I know it seems a bit rushed, but I absolutely love it. I love the songs too.

I also like Party Of One, because I can relate to Pinkie in that episode. 

I am going to do a top 15 here(and still feel like I'm leaving out 80 or so episodes.)

- crusaders of the lost mark

- Stranger then Fanfiction

- Fall weather friends

- sleepless in ponyville

- The fault in our cutie marks

- Pinkie Pride

- saddle rec and row

- Amending fences

- sister hooves social 

- suited for success

- return to harmony

- dungeons and Discord

- read it and weep

- slice of life

- times they are a changeling 

hmm, really not sure, probably the double episode Crystal Empire.
would need to split favorites into groups, like favorite emotional, favorite slice of life, favorite CMC, favorite etc.

1. Crusaders of the Lost Mark

2. A Hearth's Warming Tail

3. Call of the Cutie

4. The Fault in our Cutie Marks

5. Griffon the Brush Off

6. Viva Las Pegasus

7. The Cutie Re-Mark

8. Party of One

9. Pinkie Pride

10. Hearts and Hoovesa Day

Woooow it's too hard to choose!

I'll go by chronollogical order xD! I'll only quote the episodes I love the much, but of course there are a lot more ...

S1 favorites:

04 Applebuck season, it was so funny to watch xD

09 Briddle Gossip. Then I fall in love in MLP

20 Green isn't my color

S2:

03 Lesson Zero

15 Super Speddy Cider Squeezy 6000

20 It's About Time

S3:

03 Too Many Pinkie Pies

05 Magic Duel

13 Magical Mystery Cure

S4:

03 Castle Mane-ia it was SO FUNNY. Still laughting when I watch this XDD

04 Power Ponies

07 BATS!

S5:

09 Slice of life

13 Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep

18 Crusaders of the Lost Mark

S6: (I know it's not finish but... ^^')

05 Gaunlet of Fire

18 The Times Are A Changeling

It was REALLY hard to choose but... Here you go XD

The Time's Are a Changeling. Mainly in retrospect that we have deeper in-look of the Changeling Hive and have on entered on the side of light.

The best episode in the entire series is in my opinion Crusaders of the Lost Mark. On second place is probably Amending Fences, but I'm not entirely sure.

Other really good episodes are: Make New Friends but Keep Discord, A Canterlot Wedding, Lesson Zero, Return of Harmony, Party of One and Bridle Gossip.

5 hours ago, Psychopathrik said:

The best episode in the entire series is in my opinion Crusaders of the Lost Mark. On second place is probably Amending Fences, but I'm not entirely sure.

Other really good episodes are: Make New Friends but Keep Discord, A Canterlot Wedding, Lesson Zero, Return of Harmony, Party of One and Bridle Gossip.

That was a good one but I'm not sure about their destinies being to find the destiny of others.