InklingBear

Any episodes that seemed real bad to you?

3 hours ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

Very begrudgingly, and at first putting them into the setting with any safety features turned off, after they accepted him into guy's night, even though they didn't have to.

He was pretty into it at the end. You know, almost like he has trouble accepting that other people are as worthwhile as him but is slowly learning that lesson?

14 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

He was pretty into it at the end. You know, almost like he has trouble accepting that other people are as worthwhile as him but is slowly learning that lesson?

He's barely learning that lesson, if actually getting it to sink into that thick skull of his. His progress is measured in microns, and he backslides horrifically.

Like I said, I don't expect (or even want) a complete reformation overnight. Barring something like a near-death experience or some other dramatic epiphany, most people don't reset their entire personality in short order. It takes a lot of time to unlearn what you thought you knew about the world and your place in it. We've kind of been spoiled by the likes of Sunset and Starlight in this regard; they had dramatic physical battles, magic laserblasts, and experienced total devastation (sometimes of the entire world) to get back to square one with themselves. Discord had Fluttershy pointing out his own flaws to him in a much less existential fashion. Plus he's got thousands of years of himself to deal with rather than a young adult's lifetime. In that sense it's actually more realistic for him to still be struggling and having difficulty leaving his old ways behind.

That, and I personally enjoy the friction caused by Discord still being full of himself but having to collide with other characters without losing their respect. Think of him as just being a slower learner than Trixie.

• Like 1

I watch the show with low, casual expectations, so I don't usually have any criticism to give. However, "The Cart Before the Ponies" has been the only episode that's really bothered me, with its depiction of the older ponies being oblivious jerks.

That being said, I thought the moral of the episode to be very relavent

I would have to say The Cart Before the Ponies. The sheer selfishness showed, though solved, sickened me. They lost themselves to the passion of karting and in turn nearly left their sister's behind in wanting to create THEIR vision.

It was "Help" not "Control".

Welp, I had seen Princess Spike a few days ago and I have to say that it was meh.

I thought it was pretty interesting up until the end of the episode. I sorta expected some discipline to take place in the end but instead Spike was instantly forgiven like his actions did not deserve to be punished. Like who does that? D:

I suspect a lot of people who have a problem with Car Before the Ponies have not seen those parents at a kids' baseball game/recital/pageant/public performance of some sort.

3 hours ago, InklingBear said:

Welp, I had seen Princess Spike a few days ago and I have to say that it was meh.

I thought it was pretty interesting up until the end of the episode. I sorta expected some discipline to take place in the end but instead Spike was instantly forgiven like his actions did not deserve to be punished. Like who does that? D:

Lesson Zero my friend.

I love Pinkie Pie, I really do, but I dunno why most of her episodes seems really bad to me :/

The first one is S5E19 The one where Pinkie Pie knows, the second S2E13 Baby Cakes. I really don't like babies ^^" So I also had some difficulties to enjoy S6E1&2 The Cristalling and S2E18 A Friend In the Deed (but I loved the Smile Song)

Aaaaaand I almost forgot  S5E23 The Hoffield and McColts and S5E10 Princess Spike

11 hours ago, Aiadeva said:

I love Pinkie Pie, I really do, but I dunno why most of her episodes seems really bad to me :/

The first one is S5E19 The one where Pinkie Pie knows, the second S2E13 Baby Cakes. I really don't like babies ^^" So I also had some difficulties to enjoy S6E1&2 The Cristalling and S2E18 A Friend In the Deed (but I loved the Smile Song)

Aaaaaand I almost forgot  S5E23 The Hoffield and McColts and S5E10 Princess Spike

The Mirror Pool anyone?

3 hours ago, Aiadeva said:

You mean "Too many Pinkie Pie" ? (I don't understand what you mean :o)

That's the one. :D A little easier to remember the object of that episode rather than it's title.

Just now, Galacter said:

That's the one. :D A little easier to remember the object of that episode rather than it's title.

Well I really enjoyed that one :o It was funny to watch ^^ 

Well I really enjoyed that one :o It was funny to watch ^^ 

Getting slightly disturbing near the middle when one Pinkie Clone went G1 on everyone. 

8 minutes ago, Galacter said:

Getting slightly disturbing near the middle when one Pinkie Clone went G1 on everyone. 

Naaaah!! That was the most fun part :D

Naaaah!! That was the most fun part :D

Then the boring part was definitely the quiet they attempted when Ms. Sparkle was looking for the real Pinkie.

5 minutes ago, Galacter said:

Then the boring part was definitely the quiet they attempted when Ms. Sparkle was looking for the real Pinkie.

Well… It wasn't that quiet since every two seconds a Pinkie disturbed the others :o

Well… It wasn't that quiet since every two seconds a Pinkie disturbed the others :o

True. Well moving on, Mystery on The Friendship Express seemed too...................out there I would say. More like a random filler than an episode.

2 minutes ago, Galacter said:

True. Well moving on, Mystery on The Friendship Express seemed too...................out there I would say. More like a random filler than an episode.

You're right, but it was quite fun since there where lots and pretty good references ^^ So it wasn't that bad :D

(Because the Trainspotting reference in Baby Cakes was REALLY disturbing…)

You're right, but it was quite fun since there where lots and pretty good references ^^ So it wasn't that bad :D

(Because the Trainspotting reference in Baby Cakes was REALLY disturbing…)

Ooh yeah. And Sherlock Holmes added in it wasn't too bad.

8 minutes ago, Galacter said:

Ooh yeah. And Sherlock Holmes added in it wasn't too bad.

(My favorite is the James Bond reference ^^ )

(My favorite is the James Bond reference ^^ )

Oh very much so. A little more action to Sherlock's mind.

I can't say it was "bad for me" but Pinkie Apple Pie is one of my least favorites. One, too much spotlight is shown on the Apples as it is imho. Two, we know AJ can be a perfectionist but Pinkie's known the Apples for years so how does AJ think this "phony perfect family" is going to work all of a sudden? Three, as a cat lady myself, I always get irked when any show or otherwise finds a need to play up to the stereotype that there's always something about us that makes us psychologically incompetent [crazy]. In this case Goldie was also a cronic compulsive hoarder. And four, this appears to be one of DF's favorite episodes because they're always showing reruns of it, and I've seen it way too often now. Just nnnnnggggggg, stop already. Just stop. :doublefacehoof:

Rainbow Falls.

Almost everypony in it seemed so annoying, incompetent, OOC, etc., that even now I still view it as the worst one yet.

• Like 2