InklingBear

Any episodes that seemed real bad to you?

Well, we all have at least one episode that seem off to us. Whether we didn't understand the moral of an episode, plain awkward or the cringy, or anything that just get you riled up. What episodes can you just not stand anymore? Explain if you want to.

Well to start, I truly didn't like 28 Pranks Later. Even though some pranks were harmless, It was kinda wrong to gather the town to scar Rainbow Dash with the zombie prank, Instead of just talking to her personally, face to face, despite the play in the episode title.

This is pretty much one of the episodes i don't like, but as soon as i keep thinking, more should come. This is all i could remember at the time. 

Now what about you?

I didn't find that the town coming together to do that was wrong. They tried talking to her face to face but she didn't listen.

My problem with the episode is that Rainbow Dash scared Fluttershy and also didn't listen to anypony. Like come on this keeps happening to Rainbow Dash when she didn't listen to anypony else and in the end was like oh yea! "Mysterious Mare Do Well" good episode imo. I still really liked the episode tho.

Applejack in "Applejack's Day Off" just seems kinda late to be like oh what I was doing is actually excessive.

Spike at your service. I mean he's been saved tons of times and then suddenly feels like turning into a Wookie.

I still really like both episode tho.

"Mysterious Mare Do Well" and "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" rank as the two worst episodes for me.  So many out of character moments.  I thought the other five came off worse than Dash in Mare Do Well, but by being complete jerks rather than talk to her.  I didn't like 28 Pranks Later for many of the same reasons.  While the others did talk to her, they still took it way too far, and I don't buy Season 6 Dash being that immature to begin with.

Likewise in MMMystery, there were character problems.   I just can see any of them being greedy enough to sabotage Pinkie and the Cake's entry just to indulge their sweet tooth. 

I took a Episode Ranking Quiz a while back, didn't include season 6, but my bottom 10 episodes were...

Twilight's Kingdom (yeah I know most like it.  For me it was a Star Wars Prequel.  Nonsensical story with a impressive, but ultimately meaningless fight at the end)
Feeling Pinkie Keen
Spike at Your Service
Bats
Daring Don't
Brotherhooves Social
Princess Twilight Sparkle
Baby Cakes
MMMystery on the Friendship Express
The Mysterious Mare Do Well

Putting Your Hoof Down. 

I honestly and truly like every episode of MLP except this one. There is a fine line between being assertive and aggressive and what happens in this episodes almost ruined Fluttershy's character for me. As much as I love the moral, the episode itself is just going too far. 

2 minutes ago, SquipyCheetah said:

Putting Your Hoof Down. 

I honestly and truly like every episode of MLP except this one. There is a fine line between being assertive and aggressive and what happens in this episodes almost ruined Fluttershy's character for me. As much as I love the moral, the episode itself is just going too far. 

But the whole point of the episode was realizing to herself that she was going too far with her assertiveness and aggression.

• Like 2

There's only been one episode so far that has really bothered me. Mostly because the character in the show felt really really out of place in it. From a competent character suddenly felt like the complete opposite and it really stood out like a sore thumb.

It felt like it had a last minute change, and the change is what made it fall apart over all.

18 minutes ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

I didn't actually like Slice of Life. It felt like it was too much fanservice.

While this one was actually an interesting ride, for some reason I think this was the whole point. 

By the way, you crack me up.

I genuinely like almost all of the episodes, have little trouble finding ways to excuse their flaws and can find good things to enjoy in most any of them.  The one episode that I didn't really enjoy at all was "What About Discord?"  

There's honestly nothing unforgivable about it, but the premise just irritated me from the start (I never really enjoy watching a mane six protagonist being portrayed as doing the "wrong" thing and needing to wait for them to realize it and get their comeuppance).  Twilight was my favorite character, which didn't help, nor did the fact that the premise required everyone to act somewhat out of character in enjoying Discord's antics while being insensitive to Twilight.  Also, it was a weak Discord episode, a character that I hate to see wasted.  Ultimately though, its biggest flaw was inherent in the choice to have the audience and Twilight both left out of the in-jokes the rest of the cast made, which made them as funny to me as they were to Twilight.  So an episode that inherently annoyed me was compounded by the fact that nothing entertaining was happening for long stretches of it as well.

I did recently rewatch it and was able to shake my irritation of it by knowing how it all unfolds, but I still didn't find much of anything in there to enjoy.  There's no individual part of it that I can't excuse, but adding up all of the things I didn't care for about it does it in for me.

MMDW was the first episode I actively disliked and wanted to erase from my brain. So much so that I still haven't watched any reruns and actively avoided them, including its Zombie rehash. I'm still flabbergasted that they thought it was a good episode to redo, especially if the only thing they' were gonna do was change its stupid gimmick.

Actually I could add a lot of S6 episodes here and call it a day, but one episode I'm amazed they let happen was Newbie Dash. RD's Wonderbolts arc was the longest in the show and this moment was one tons of people were looking forward to, the fact that they thought THIS was the best way to cap it off is insulting 

5 minutes ago, Megas75 said:

but one episode I'm amazed they let happen was Newbie Dash. RD's Wonderbolts arc was the longest in the show and this moment was one tons of people were looking forward to, the fact that they thought THIS was the best way to cap it off is insulting 

We'll for you. I thought it was awesome! Cute and funny

• Like 1

Cart before the Ponies was definitely the worst episode I've probably ever seen.

The CMC were completely stubborn and had no reason to, they were not like 'the CMC"

And Come on! The track design layout was so boring and not creative. The writing was pretty bad to

I can forgive practically any flaw, including characters being portrayed as out-of-character, except one; being boring. That's why my least favourite episode is Cutie Pox. Despite the flaws of other episodes, including much-maligned ones such as Mysterious Mare Do Well and Spike At Your Service, at least those episodes are entertaining. Cutie Pox just had so much filler, I just kept thinking "Alright, move it along already".

The only one that comes to mind is Magical Mystery Cure, and no not for the whole Twilight thing.

It just felt like there was no substance honestly, it could be my own preference of disliking full musical-esque episodes, but I just didn't like it.

But it's been awhile, there could be one I'm just not thinking of.

Well, another episode (not completely bad but i have mixed feelings with this one) was that wedding episode.

Why you may ask? 

Well...

Say that you were in Twilight's position. She accuses Mi Amore Cadenza (Chrysalis) for being evil for all the things she's done to her brother. And your friends think you're crazy for thinking that and they all turn on you, even Celestia and your brother. They all do not trust you with this accusation.

What would you honestly do from this point?

1. Try to prove them wrong, showing evidential proof so they'll believe you
  2. Leave them to possibly suffer from the upcoming changeling attack, see if I care

The musical numbers were good tho.

Mind you, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy irks me when Applejack says she was "right all along".

NO YOU WEREN'T. YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT LITERALLY EVERYTHING AND IT ONLY WORKED OUT FOR YOU THROUGH EVERYONE ELSE BEING EQUALLY STUPID.

Off the top of my head: 

Spike at your Service - Abysmally written Spike, whose completely out of character

Princess Spike - Same as above

Slice of Life - Fan pandering that could have been spread over the entire season gets compressed into one episode

The Cutie Re-Mark pt. 2 - That "Reformation" sequence at the end was horrid.

28 Pranks Later - Didn't we already do this back in Mysterious Mare Do Well?

Most Spike episodes actually before season 6.
If anything is good at making episodes less good, it's the fandom, but that's the fandom, so not gonna blame the show for those :P

I don't have any episodes that I dislike exactly, but there are some that I can take or leave.  And even the worst of the episodes have their moments.  For instance, Pinkie's imagine spots for the three suspects in the Mmmmmmstery episode.  And I personally loved AJ's "I didn't learn nothin" moment.  It may have not been exactly accurate, but it was perfectly in character.

13 hours ago, Misscellanio said:

We'll for you. I thought it was awesome! Cute and funny

I'm not saying you aren't allowed to like it, but personally, when I think of RD becoming a Wonderbolt, RD getting inducted in the most underwhelming, unsatisfying way possible, getting completely humiliated in an episode that dangerously comes off as justifying hazing is the last thing I wanted.

That's my biggest issue with the episode, RD's entire character arc is treated both as a complete joke and an afterthought

I'll go into more detail later/lits some others, but for me? A Friend In Deed was the worst episode/thing of the franchise, let alone this series. Pinkie Pie was an obnoxious, oblivious little asshole, and got the mother of all asspulls at the end with knowing Matilda. She learned that sometimes you have to keep your distance... but that moral was shot in the head because she got Cranky's friendship-underservingly-by bugging the unholy hell outta him.

By the end, I wanted to kill her, hurt her, end her.

• Like 1