Steamworks

S6 - Episode 19 - Discussion

1 hour ago, Harwick said:

Two, her being good at everything she tried was actually portrayed as a problem

Being "so good at something it's a curse" is classic Mary Sue behaviour.

I don't actually consider her one, just playing devil's advocate.

9 hours ago, SunsetCurls said:

Doesn't Zecora who is a zebra have a cutie mark?

We prefer the term glyph thank you very much. ^_^

Also, I thought the episode was decent and something I could relate to on a personal level.  I'm one of those I can do everything types of individuals though that by no means means I'm good at everything.  And I'd say I found the same calling as Gabby it would seem.  Helping others... at least, as much as they let me.  I'm going to now go hide until I can a formal video review done....

What a fun little slice of life episode! Gabby is just the sweetest griffon I've ever seen in the show, and I just rooted for her the entire time. Sure, she was zealous and fangirlish when first meeting the crusaders, but when haven't any of us been excited over meeting someone we believe is a part of what will make our dreams come true? I like that the CMC tried their hardest to make Gabby's wish come true, even with the nearly impossible odds. Scootaloo's optimism and enthusiasm really warmed my heart, and it just confirms that she is best CMC (along with the others).

The only downside was that poor Twily won't get to research the first cutie mark from a griffon. Of course, we got a great catchphrase from her: "Do you know what this calls for?! A book filled research project!" Which doesn't quite roll off the tongue as easily as Pinkie's slogan. :D

All in all, a fun slice of life episode with a good moral, and a great character in Gabby. This episode gets an A from me.

1) Gabby is freakin' adorable.

1246067__safe_screencap_cute_animated_gr

2) I super-loved the tease in the cold open. Father Pony has fencing cutie mark, Mother Pony has pearls cutie mark, daughter has skull + femurs and is digging up the sandbox. Of course they'd be worried about their daughter finding her place on the high seas, engaging in pillage and plunder.
Fortunately she's just going to be a big ol' nerd for the rest of her life.

I wonder what would happen if Gabby met Pinkie. Too much hyperactivity. Equestria would implode.

Anywho, this was the best episode I've seen in a while. Gabby is such a cute character and a breath of fresh air from what we expect from griffons. I also like to consider this episode On Your Marks done right. This was a much better followup episode from Crusaders of the Lost Mark than OYM was. And I loved the cold open with Petunia the archaeologist filly. That was hilarious. 

I absolutely loved this episode. Sure, Gabby was hyper active, but I loved her so much. All she wanted to do was help everyone and get her cutie mark.

I think the CMC did a great "plan B" when they carved out a cutie mark for her. 

Very solid episode I'd give it ten stars

On 9/11/2016 at 8:00 PM, SkyeVictini said:

I wonder what would happen if Gabby met Pinkie. Too much hyperactivity. Equestria would implode.

If they met, they might do the Fusion Dance from Dragonball Z. then we'd get an organic perpetual motion machine. :approve:

25 minutes ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

If they met, they might do the Fusion Dance from Dragonball Z. then we'd get an organic perpetual motion machine. :approve:

I don't think Equestria could handle such energy.