Misscellanio

Artists and Bands you definitely do not like

You can list 1 or a few :D

I do not like Nirvana (except one song), Adele, Beyonce, Rush, U2, Kelly Clarkson, Blood on the Dance Floor, Rick Ross, Falling in Reverse, Pierce the Veil.

Probably more but that's what I can think of. How about yall?

Any of those country singers that sing about their pickup truck or their wife leaving them (So like 98% of country songs).
I would list them but I don't even bother to know their names.

• Like 1

There are a lot of popular and/or influential artists out there that I don't like, but I get. One example is The Beatles - I get what made them so big, it's just not for me.

One notable exception is AC/DC. I think they're straight up dreadful, and I honestly just do not get the appeal.

Mostly everything that plays in the normal radio. Too boring, too uninspired. I rather listen to indie or fan music.

Also, lyrics are kinda important to me, and most songs in the radio are covering topics like sex, parties or love. No, thanks.

IN REGARDS to art, musical or otherwise, I really do not dwell on the things I dismiss as worthless. For one, there are better things to do. I'd rather be listening to music I enjoy, not stewing about music I loathe.

On another level, though, it's easy to discover a layer of appeal to nearly anything if you maintain a broad perspective, and an eye towards analysis. Critical thinking seems to change a lot of people into snobs, but I experience something else with greater application. Critical thinking allows me to go beyond my own prejudices, likes, and tastes. Often, the criteria by which we judge works are culturally (or sub-culturally) informed, instead of objectively (or broadly intersubjectively) defined.

I've taken the perspective of recognizing art in its various forms as a wonderful, unique expression of cosmic awareness. For every person, there is a Cosmos known differently. Everything we create is a new story reflecting something about the Universe by one of its billions of individual, separate, conscious incarnations. And we wouldn't be generating the stories if we did not believe there are others waiting to receive, and to perceive the Cosmos a little bit closer to our own. Every person is a Universe in themselves who would be cut off to seven billion other Universes, if not for the magic of communication. For in communicating, we bridge the isolation of individual experience and share our unique Cosmos.

Except those by Michael Bay, which haven't measured up since Bad Boys.

... wait, this isn't the Four Letter Words Are Banned thread! :scrunchy:

Edited by ABronyAccount
TO NOT LOSE!

7 hours ago, Arix said:

There are a lot of popular and/or influential artists out there that I don't like, but I get. One example is The Beatles - I get what made them so big, it's just not for me.

One notable exception is AC/DC. I think they're straight up dreadful, and I honestly just do not get the appeal.

Yea I see what you mean. I like both bands but nowhere near to the amount everyone else does and think they're nothing too special.

Tho I can see why they became extremely legendary

1 hour ago, ABronyAccount said:

When it comes to art, musical or otherwise, I really do not dwell on the things I dismiss as worthless. For one, there are better things to do. I'd rather be listening to music I enjoy, not stewing about music I loathe.

On another level, though, it's easy to discover a layer of appeal to nearly anything if you maintain a broad perspective, and an eye towards analysis. Critical thinking seems to change a lot of people into snobs, but I experience something else with greater application. Critical thinking allows me to go beyond my own prejudices, likes, and tastes. Often, the criteria by which we judge works are culturally (or sub-culturally) informed, instead of objectively (or broadly intersubjectively) defined.

I've taken the perspective of recognizing art in its various forms as a wonderful, unique expression of cosmic awareness. For every person, there is a Cosmos known differently. Everything we create is a new story reflecting something about the Universe by one of its billions of individual, separate, conscious incarnations. And we wouldn't be generating the stories if we did not believe there are others waiting to receive, and to perceive the Cosmos a little bit closer to our own. Every person is a Universe in themselves who would be cut off to seven billion other Universes, if not for the magic of communication. For in communicating, we bridge the isolation of individual experience and share our unique Cosmos.

Except those by Michael Bay, which haven't measured up since Bad Boys.

... wait, this isn't the Four Letter Words Are Banned thread! :scrunchy:

well if it was you would have lost with the first word "When"

13 hours ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

Any of those country singers that sing about their pickup truck or their wife leaving them (So like 98% of country songs).
I would list them but I don't even bother to know their names.

This! ^ 

I tend to dislike the majority of today's mainstream pop artists, mainly because so many of them cannot sing and are really just "studio material". I don't listen to the Today's Hits radio stations that often, but when I do, I usually get annoyed and change to classical or 80s hits. :P

• Like 1

I can listen to almost any kind of music but there are just some that really make me envy the deaf.

Most of those are: 95% of modern Pop and Rap songs, Boybands, Country music, Popfolk (It's a local thing and by the gods is it horrible), "singers" whose lyrics total to about 2 sentences and/or suffer from excessive use of auto-tune and singers who make ridiculous videos or maintain a ridiculous appearance just to market their song via pure controversy. I've stopped listening to local radio stations and stick to my own playlists or the two stations on the air that play Classical music or Rock.

Won't even try to post names of anyone in particular because those criteria already cover more "artists" than the character limit on posts.

There's not many that I truly do not like at all, but I can name the few that I can think of:

• Justin Bieber
  • Drake
  • Rihanna
  • Twenty One Pilots
  • Nickelback
  • Almost any modern rap act/group