Rave Blitz

Equestria Daily has Competition! ;)

I would hardly call that a rival. Just different websites for different things.

It's not like Zootopia was for the furry community. Just a movie furries and non-furries, like myself, love.

Also I don't really understand a Zootopia fandom being there only being one movie, but sure whatever people like their fanfics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AaronMk said:

Hardly.

http://www.horse-news.net/

The real competition.

I'd say Horse News and Equestria Daily are friendly rivals that cover different parts of the fandom. One celebrates all of the creative side, while the other goes for the dark, dramatic side. Different viewpoints for different people, I guess. But the writers for both sites get along well. I've seen it for myself.

Just now, ajnrules said:

I'd say Horse News and Equestria Daily are friendly rivals that cover different parts of the fandom. One celebrates all of the creative side, while the other goes for the dark, dramatic side. Different viewpoints for different people, I guess. But the writers for both sites get along well. I've seen it for myself.

In the term of shared market space, their competing outlets. ZootopiaNewsNetwork and Equestria Daily aren't even in the same field, so aren't even competing.

HN and EQD are more clearly in the same field and are clearly competing more from that perspective. It doesn't mean that GeneralCapper and Sethisto have to be out for each other's blood for it, or their own blog writers. But on an organization level they're still competing entities who've taken up their own shares of the pone world.

Yeah, this isn't competition. It might be if it was another pony site, but it's for something else. A comment left by someone running it on the first post said the point was to make it like EqD, but that's it. If anything, EqD's competition is Horse News.

11 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

Desu Daily (Now closed)

Wait, since when did Desu Daily close down? I don't really visit it often, but I do remember going there sometimes. 

Back on topic, No wonder Zootopia got a fandom, some guy in school ruined it for me by shoving his bad self-insert OCs down my throat. But I don't think it's competitive in a way. That's like comparing Team Fortress 2 to Civ 5, which you really can't compare to each other anyways :pinkieshrug:

IIRC ever since Calpain started dating one of the Horse News writers the rivalry between the two boards has calmed down considerably and I'd like to think that they are on pretty good terms now.  I saw a pretty good relationship at Babscon between the two sites.

Fallout: Zootopia

Wow, really? It's already in chapter 26, is Fallout: Equestria all over again xD.

I know Zootopia was a big thing for the furry fandom, and attracted lots of non-furries too, but I didn't imagine it has such amount of fanfics, art, and other stuffs.