Error

Username/Nickname Origin

Well! I needed a username because I always was mostly lurking around. I did plenty of things pony, I had looked at the things pony, I had read the things pony, I had listened to the pony, and every now and then I actually mustered up the guts to even talk to the people who ponied (though, very rarely), but I never actually ponied. No profile pics, no names, no harmonious chanting with my cult, nothing! I got pretty sick of it, so I wanted to join in on the fun a little more!

So what did I like? Well, I liked the moon a lot (and space in general) I always thought it would be comfy to just kinda sit there watching the Earth go by and just relaxing. Sure, I might have to worry about all the cold, and lack of oxygen, and the really hazardous everything on the moon but that's not the point! I love space, and the moon just seems to be a great little place to Earth-gaze. Just put on some tunes and sit back! That is when I realized that a vacation on the moon would be great, and me thinking "Lunar Vacation" didn't have a nice ring to it, I came up with my current username!

'Tis a tale of awkward tastes in names and a quest for friends!

2 hours ago, KimOlsen87 said:

Neigh, norsk :)

nå forstået. Anyway we are in US forum, so we should speak english

Well before I was InklingBear, I had like a history to it.

I started as Anisakis185 when I joined this fandom in late 2011. A name I kept for about 4 years or so.

In 2015, I had my username set as Young Inkling back in August on my skype, as i progress throughout the rest of the year, I started portraying as Ice bear from We Bare Bears especially with my friends from Ponies at Dawn, they didn't know why I say "Ice bear" (speaking in 3rd person) after every message I say until they watched an episode themselves so they understand. From that point forward, people like to call me Ice bear cause of my love for roleplaying and having fun with friends, so in December of 2015, I officially went with InklingBear.

I can safely say that this was some adventure I had in those years of this one horse town, but i'm still here until the end.

39 minutes ago, Error said:

nå forstået. Anyway we are in US forum, so we should speak english

yup, haven't seen a language subforum yet, so let's speak in the common tongue for now :)

Mine is kinda funny. When it comes to Nile, it's been the name of my OC, a death metal band, or most famously the Egyptian river.

Komnenos is a surname of a great dynasty of the Byzantine Empire.

I smashed the two together and here we are.

My usernames are usually just the word Gaze, plus some other adjective if gaze was already taken (AnotherGaze, OuterGaze, etc).

I like anything related to eyes or sight, but also, because I've been in various places around the internet, but I never been more than a simple observer, commenting here and there, making a thread occasionally. idk, I'm there, but a bit far away, just looking around.

I may or may not be obsessed with the Homeworld games ever since the first one was released in 1999. And I may or may not have used the protagonist race as my username on almost every site I've signed up on since (except Steam, because someone dared to take it first).

• Like 1

Over time I became almost as big a fan of Steven Universe as I am of MLP. Thought maybe a name that was kinda gem-like would stand out more on a pony forum, so I tried to think of one... this is what I came up with. There's a bit more to it, but resinite could be thought as a fancy term for amber. Amber looks pretty and has a certain charm, and often has something interesting encased within. Resinite also totally sounds like it could be the name of a Gem from SU.

If they put a new character named Resinite into Steven Universe, let it be known here that I had the name first!

"Dream" 
I spend a great deal of my time:
  • day dreaming
  • coming up with ideas/concepts
  • Being distracted and getting lost in my own thoughts

"Nation"

Shortened from "Imagination"

My username comes from a World of Warcraft character. For some reason I found him to be one of the more interesting Death Knights in the game, and the name had a nice ring to it, so I've stuck with it

FeignedSincerity is a name I started using in 2012. It's made to sound like the kind of thing a kid would come up with to sound cool, but it actually stands for my innate ability to pretend to give a shit. I consider myself something of a bullshit artist.

On 9/12/2016 at 0:31 PM, Error said:

So I was wondering how you get the idea of your account/username?

About my username Error or Errorman. Here is mine how it's started.

I was at my school at 2006 where we played some video game. When I heard the news about the new movie called "Iron man". I accident said "Errorman" by my silly voice and they laugh at me. They told me that I should use that nickname because it's original. That's how I get my nickname

So what's yours? How did you get it?

I was born from my mother Galacta and my grandfather is Galactus, it just kind of runs in the family.

I can't come up with a good name and I never had any nicknames that stuck, so I'm just using my real name everywhere. 

One day I found myself thinking "What's an odd flying version of something you don't ordinarily see flying?" and narwhals were the first thing to come to mind...

Sleep deprivation is fun like that.

My primary alias is Turdomino, but my EQD Forum name is Powder Hound, which is named after my OC, which I made back in 2013, who is named Powder Hound (Pictured Below)because of my IRL love for skiing.

powder_hound__my_oc__by_turdomino-d65fbtv.png

Especially on the beautiful mountains of British Columbia in Canada. Some of the mountains I've been to include Big White, Whistler Blackcomb, and my favourite in all of BC, Mount Washington (Pictured below), located in the Comox Valley on ever so scenic Vancouver Island. Truly the greatest gem on the southwest corner of Canada. 

W_Img_Mount_Washington_Alpine_Resort_0-3

Back in '07 when I was in middle school, I decided to make an email address to use for school since I did a lot of my work on computers (Windows XP. Yay.). I still wanted to keep my last name so teachers would at least recognize it. My first name is David, but since I was like 11, I didn't want to use it because of stories my parents told me about the internet.

I settled on colemandadio@gmail.com (still active by the way). In 2008 I started my first YouTube channel, and switched Coleman and Dadio and was left with Dadiocoleman.

Ever since it has been sort of a username even though I prefer to use my real name now.