Error

Username/Nickname Origin

So I was wondering how you get the idea of your account/username?

About my username Error or Errorman. Here is mine how it's started.

I was at my school at 2006 where we played some video game. When I heard the news about the new movie called "Iron man". I accident said "Errorman" by my silly voice and they laugh at me. They told me that I should use that nickname because it's original. That's how I get my nickname

So what's yours? How did you get it?

• Like 6

Dublyn Tea is what I named my pony persona/OC. How I came up with her name is fairly simple. I'm Irish, and I like tea! :monocle:

One year at a St. Patrick's Day festival I got myself a box of authentic Irish tea called Dublin Morning. I always have a large assortment of teas, so started referring to that particular one as my "Dublin tea". When designing my OC 4-5 years ago, I remembered  "Dublin tea", and it just stuck. I simply replaced the "i" with a "y" to make it more original.

It's the name I gave my personal WiFi network, too.:spikeletter:

• Like 1

My name is just a thing that stuck.
Way back in Vanilla WoW, my first toon was an undead rogue on Nazjatar.
Total nerd that I was and am, I looked up appropriate Japanese words.
Sly, cunning, crafty... These all seemed appropriate for the class, and they are all translations for Koukatsu.

Then I just sort of stuck with it. :ajlol:

It probably helps that I love stealth characters, and always choose an assassin/rogue/speed-damage class in games. kek.

My friends adopted it pretty quick, and call me Kou for short.

• Like 1

Had some online and nicknames in my life.

The last one I had, I thought it was original for years was "Tailstarfox" but then my friends told me that there was a game called StarFox and well...:bloomgah:

A few year later and going to school because my name was so hard to say they started to call me error and e. (Also because it got on my nerves) This continued for years when I met more their friends, so when I got to leaving someone put in my yearbook:

I've called you many things over the years.

Kid, little(insert bad word here),dude, bro

But the best name I called was friend, E.

I don't see the person anymore but stuck to me like glue.

Nova Aurora is vaguely Latin for New Dawn, which I interpret as a new start, being able to choose who I interact with and how people see me however I see fit. The S stands for Starlight, which was just for filler, because I like space.

Havoc is one of the nicknames that I go by in real life. (Because I can be destructive.) 

and "byte" because I love computers. and it stuck.

As I was trying to figure out what to call myself here, I (for some reason) remembered a scene in the MLP/Phoenix Wright crossover fan work where Twilight referred to Derpy as a "wonky pegasus". Wonky can mean "weird" or "Whacked out" or as I like to think of myself, a goofball. XD Stallion is because I'm male. So I'm basically an adult male go_Ofball! *squee!*

Well, obviously mu current username is just from Pinkie Pie, but on a lot of sites and gaming networks I go by Pinkierawr.

Pinkierawr came from this one girl on Intstagram that i followed named Applerawr. She had lung cancer, or at least that's what we all thought. I would check my IG feed every morning to see how she was doing. One day, she had not posted all day, which was strange because she normally does. Someone was spreading rumors that she died, and that was when I cried for some random person on the internet that I had never seen. Eventually. she got online and told everyone that she was fine. I ended up changing my name from PinkiePie__Official to Pinkierawr on Instagram to show my support for her and to hopefully get closer to her as a friend. She eventually got a death date and when that time came around. weird stuff happened. No one knows what happened, but I decided to keep the name because it was better than my last one and a good replacement for my Xbox gamertag, was PinkiePie247 at the time.

My username might not be the most original thing in the world, but I would say that some part of it is a bit of a coincidence, because "Jarg" is actually the initials of my full name IRL and the 1994 is the year I was born.

Ooh mine has history. Usually go by Vin or Vin_HD.

Had this nickname since 2010. Was playing on a DarkRP server in Garry's Mod, running my own thieving guild. Sadly those servers are dead. Anyways, this was the time that I got introduced to MLP and slowly got into the fandom. Being a fan of EDM and having gone to alot of parties during highschool, I got the liking of Vinyl Scratch and started using her as a persona/spray/etc. Until one day, one of the guys I used to guild with often decided to say "Sup Vin" after I had set my avatar to some Vinyl picture. Kept Vin as a nickname since then, and the _HD is just a tag and extension for YouTube so "Vin" won't be too short.

Then shortly found Pony Fortress 2 through quickplay randomly and stuck to the community up to today with FiG.

That's enough Vin for you. :pewpew:

It's a rather short and boring story but I needed a new nickname while making my first character in an MMO I used to play, Spiral Knights, boy was that a while ago. Anyway, my generic name at the time was taken so I had to come up with a new one.The magical process? I stared at my wallpaper for a while and came up with Skyrazer. Sky, because I love aviation, space and I sometimes spend hours stargazing at night, and razer because this was my wallpaper at the time.

It's stuck ever since then. :tada:

• Like 1

The dashie part is that I just really like Rainbow Dash, but I really don't know why I put Chibi in there. :pinkieshrug: I guess it's with my liking of cute things. 

I'm a big fan of Metal Gear, so i took the name of the character that i've loved the most in the series.

That's why my username is Venom Snake, i just loved that character. (it's pretty ironic because Venom Snake is not very appreciated in the MG Fandom, since he is basically the Starlight Glimmer of Metal Gear ) 

• Like 1

I was brainstorming a new nickname from my old one(s). It occurred to me light of a canyon would be a good fit for a pony OC name if I chose so. Thus, Canyon Light. On a semi-related note I have visited the Grand Canyon.

I like to travel, and I love exploring and losing myself in online game worlds (as well as the real one if I get the chance), it was partially Skyrim's fault, I would always try to come up with a character name but what ultimately got me was this argonian jeweler in Riften, he would always bid farewell with "Safe travels, landstrider", I liked it a lot for some reason, had a nice ring to it, so I started using it, that and I always liked "Strider" (Aragorn) from lord of the rings.
"Light" also has to do with part of my behaviour in games, I'm always the good guy, I simply cannot play as an evil character because no matter if fictional I kinda feel bad afterwards, so I always try to help others may it be in game karma quests or IRL with friends or anyone that may need it, even online whenever I can provide some form of assistance even if only words, long story short I chose "Light" as a symbol of good and a guide in dark times (and a little bit of death note influence).

Ultimately became "Light Landstrider", like name-family name of sorts, as well as the name of my pony persona

I'm a pyromaniac that loves kittens

For real though it just popped in my head when I was brainstorming replacements for my old online name which I realized was really bad. Then I grew attached with it and decided to make a character to go along with it (it's not my avatar, I can't draw for crap).

The first part is an amalgamation of Zebra and Brony which I thought up after BABScon 2016 while drinking at the staff after party.  I picked those as a way to identify my YouTube channel and actually start making a presence on the intertubes.  Plus I landed on a zebra OC since it just really makes sense if you know my background (Also at BABScon... though not drinking at the time).

Captain has usually been associated in some way to my various gamer tags and people in voice chat would just refer to me as "Cap" or "Captain".  Which is pretty fitting since I lead squads and platoons with my outfit in the best free to play FPS games in the world!!  Planetside 2!  But it isn't just that either.  Whenever I work on a project or am assigned something to do with a group I almost always become the team leader, or captain, as it were.  It's not that I'm power hungry mind you, quite the opposite actually.  But I'm generally good at getting people to work together and managing both people and things.

That's a pretty quick summary.  I actually planned on divulging more but I think it'd be better to record a video for YouTube during the between-season hiatus...

• Like 1

I usually go by Meownimator on most sites. It's quite simple- I love cats. And I love animating, though I'm pretty bad at it. so Meow+Animator = Meownimator XD

As for my current username on this forum, I just love the green arrow too much. don't judge. XD

The nickname that I have (Cat) comes from my love of cats, and also the fact that my first name contains the word "cat". So therefore, even though it's quite simple, my ponysona is named Cat.

Laziness. When I was setting up my IntenseDebate account (which was the first site I used this name on), I didn't feel much like thinking, so I just went with my favorite pony and year of birth. Since then, I've used it for everything, except for DeviantArt and Tumblr, where it was taken by people that never actually used it. There have been times when I thought about changing it, but people recognize this one, so I won't do that.

37 minutes ago, KimOlsen87 said:

it's my real name, minus the middle name, and year of birth.

Dansk brony?!