I love classic gaming. My first console was a Colecovision; I have so many fond memories of playing it with my family. A few years later we got an NES and it was awesome. Going from Atari to Super Mario Bros. was just mind blowing at the time. Then I got Zelda...that was an amazing experience.
m3kkfiT.jpg

Right now I have a few old consoles. An Atari 2600 six switch with around 130 games, my old NES, a Super Famicom and a Sega Genesis. I would love to have another Colecovision someday but finding a working one in good condition is getting more difficult. I'm also crazy about old computers too and bought a TI-99/4A new in the box on ebay a few years ago. I've been slowly building up a small collection of games for it. It has what I think is the very best home port of Q*Bert, and Parsec is really fun, especially with the voice modulator. Really love that old computer voice sound.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lord Seraph said:

Does anyone remember the Neogeo Pocket Color?

I have one of those!  Mainly got it for Sonic Pocket Adventure.  Such a cool little handheld, especially that thumbpad.

While I'm here...  Anybody else on this forum have a WonderSwan (or at the very least, heard of it)?

OclMKMoh.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sutekh94 said:

I have one of those!  Mainly got it for Sonic Pocket Adventure.  Such a cool little handheld, especially that thumbpad.

While I'm here...  Anybody else on this forum have a WonderSwan (or at the very least, heard of it)?

OclMKMoh.jpg

Yup, I've heard of it, seen the games but have sadly never played any of them. I would like to, though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sutekh94 said:

Anybody else on this forum have a WonderSwan (or at the very least, heard of it)?

Heck yeah!

Wasn't it the console that directly competed against Nintendo's GBA?

19 hours ago, Lord Seraph said:

Does anyone remember the Neogeo Pocket Color?

NeoGeo-Pocket-Color.jpg

I used to sell these when I worked in the electronics section at a department store called Ames. We sold maybe one in all the time I was there, while we were moving Game Boy Color units every day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LotusTeaDragon said:

I used to sell these when I worked in the electronics section at a department store called Ames. We sold maybe one in all the time I was there, while we were moving Game Boy Color units every day.

Man good times at brick and mortar electronic stores.

Too bad everything is digitized nowadays and physical games stores are pretty reduced to liquidating discount games and selling consoles as inter shopping is now the thing. I guess it's for convenience.

I've never seen Neogeo products in stores. But I've seen some people playing it in school and at my old church during recess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Seraph said:

Heck yeah!

Wasn't it the console that directly competed against Nintendo's GBA?

For a while, yeah.  The WonderSwan fell flat on its face trying to compete with the GBA and its superior hardware.

Just now, PeeWeePhoenix said:

100 Games in 1 fake console.

I used to own a ton of those "multigame carts" when I had my Famicom. It was my childhood!

IMG_0021_NEW.jpg

famicom-famiclone-30-in-1-8-bit-video-ga

Unlike the infamous Action 52 which consisted of 52 original games, crappy games that are barely games.

These 100 in 1 carts mostly contain existing games.

Such fake carts also existed with Game Boys.

picture-155.jpg

dJ142.jpg?1

On 8/28/2016 at 5:50 PM, Lord Seraph said:

Man good times at brick and mortar electronic stores.

Too bad everything is digitized nowadays and physical games stores are pretty reduced to liquidating discount games and selling consoles as inter shopping is now the thing. I guess it's for convenience.

I've never seen Neogeo products in stores. But I've seen some people playing it in school and at my old church during recess.

True. I like the convenience of digital downloads, but there was just something about buying the actual game, in person, at the store. It felt like it was worth the $50 you just shelled out to own it.

18 minutes ago, Arix said:

I still prefer to own physical copies.

Same. I have an Xbox One, and I just found out if you had free XB1 games with Games with Gold, and then dropped your sub (I didn't have the money at the moment to swing another year), you can't play those games until you re-up or buy the games in full. So they essentially become worthless. It's too easy for them to mess with digital downloads.

1 hour ago, Lord Seraph said:

Cartridges ftw

Yes! I loved CDs and DVDs for the longest time, but somewhere around the time of the Xbox 360 and the PS3, I started missing those cartridges. I mean, the greatest game system that ever lived (IMO) was the Super Nintendo, and it was a cartridge system. I liked it, too, because the cartridges were short and didn't have the same troubles as the NES did (at least for me).

maxresdefault.jpg

I love how they made this cartridge and box packaging look like something that's appeal to girls.But when one turns on the game, they unexpected get a great action game. Appears Capcom remembered who their primary market was when they made that game.

Ariel, with all honesty was a brilliantly articulated Disney princess. As she wasn't a typical damsel in distress during a time when damsel in distress princess were the norm in Disney movies. She was the hero who saved her prince at least twice, whom she eyed as the prize.

Usually, it's the other way around like the case of Aladdin. I prefer Ariel as a character over Jasmine any day. Ariel is a badass undercover.

5 hours ago, Lord Seraph said:

I love how they made this cartridge and box packaging look like something that's appeal to girls.But when one turns on the game, they unexpected get a great action game. Appears Capcom remembered who their primary market was when they made that game.

Back in the NES days, Capcom made a whole bunch of Disney licensed games that were actually awesome.

On 8/27/2016 at 8:21 PM, Arix said:

So here's my gaming shelf:

IMG_20160828_001745.jpg

And here's some shots of some select gems (spoiler'd for size):

Hide contents

IMG_20160828_090521.jpg
IMG_20160828_090706.jpg
IMG_20160828_090848.jpg
IMG_20160828_090922.jpg
IMG_20160828_091116.jpg
IMG_20160828_091158.jpg
IMG_20160828_091244.jpg