Sign in to follow this  
Jet Streak

Guilty Pleasures

Okay, so I noticed that I seem to be weird in terms of the games. A lot of games that I like seem to like are disliked for the reason I like them.

Sooooo that got me thinking does any have here any "guilty pleasure games", by that I mean a game the people generally dislike but have a special spot for.

For me It's "Sonic 06". If you ask me the game is pretty fun to play ( especially Sliver's story.) , in terms of story if Elise was replaced by another anthro animal or even Amy the story would have been fine for me.

Also anyone out there have any bad games they are willing to admit to liking

Honestly? Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.

Now before you boo me into oblivion - I will FULLY admit I didn't like playing the game for it's cruddy story. I played it because the vehicle construction system is very reminiscent to CHROMEHOUNDS. (A western mecha game that deserved a LOT more love than it got - online MP was AWESOME while it lasted. Look it up.) I spent the majority of my playtime building insane multipurpose and/or novelty vehicles after I cheesed a great majority of parts. (Ex: A flying Gamecube replica, the yellow submarine, and the Magic School bus) Most of the fun came from seeing what I could get away with in that dumb game. (and frankly, it was a lot)

Most of what I built after rigorous testing and exploration destroyed most of what the game threw at me. (It was still very much a pain though) I have better things to play now, but I still managed to have fun.

There's a little PS1 game Sony made called Blasto. It had Phil Hartman and that was probably the one good thing about the game. But I sunk soooo much hours into it and loved it as a kid. Even now I'll play it mostly out of nostalgia