Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

S6 - Episode 20 - Discussion

Where to watch:
(Some of the pages have the episode title in them already. If you can't bear to even know that, you should probably avoid them until it's time for the episode.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/4c13r3/mlpfim_season_6_episode_streams/

(The Times They Are A Changeling, Dugeons and Discords, and Buckball Season are airing as a run up to the new episode.)

DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4tmfrw_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-620-viva-las-pegasus_animals

YouTube:

59 minutes ago, Toki Zensekai said:

I've been waiting to see Las Pegasus for a couple years now. Tomorrow I will finally get to see it!

You get used to it after awhile.

After seeing it...

Las Pegasus looks nice, kinda like what I'd expect Las-Vegas-in-the-sky-with-ponies to look like.
Called Applejack being less than enthusiastic to help Flim & Flam, seemed obvious. That unwillingness turning out to be a good thing was less expected, but I'm still alright with it.
Were those two stallions with the animals supposed to be Siegfried and Roy? Because that was what I thought of when I saw 'em.
Glad Flim & Flam are still con artists. Sorta worried they'd get reformed at the end, but then it was a once-in-a-lifetime performance and I was okay with this. Though I was expecting them to take over the place after Gladmane left, which... Did they? I wanna say yes, but I'm not 100% sure here.
And apparently conning ponies is really easy in Las Pegasus, since they sold ponies on paying to see a building full of nothing by selling half-price entry (and no additional charge for using your imagination, haha).

Overall, enjoyed the episode. Probably not my favorite, but it was good.

Las Pegasus is a wild vacation spot. Sounds pretty awesome, despite AJ's and Flutters' objections.

Depiction is alright, but I always envisioned it more like the Las Vegas strip than this.

Are friendship connoisseurs a thing? Or is Gladmane just crazy?

3 for 1 apple fritters. Fuck yeah.

I'm getting a little Liberace with that Elvis in Gladmane.

And the Flim Flam Brothers have shown up.

Is the problem between the brothers? It better not be between them. This better be a scam.

So it's between the brothers.

Pony DDR

Blending acrobatics and magic would be pretty sweet if pulled off properly.

With all these problems, is there some sort of anti-friendship vortex below Las Pegasus?

No, wait, it's Gladmane. Nevermind. This is less fun than some sort of dark magic below the city.

Conning the conman with conmen.

I wanna know what these plans are.

Come on, think outside the box AJ and FS, you've got the princess's ear. Just use her petty cash to hire those acts away from Gladman.

• Like 1

This episode in a nutshell:

In today's episode, Fluttershy and Applejack ruin a corrupt pony (seemingly a crossover between Elvis Presley and Sheldon Adelson) and replace him with two corrupt ponies that twice tried to ruin Applejack's life/farm. And they do it all in the name of friendship :awesomedash:

Is it just my history side, or did the show reference the fall of Saddam Hussein? (You know, when that statue of Gladmane got pulled off and broke into pieces, similar to that one video of that huge statue of Saddam Hussein falling after Saddam gets captured?)

ALSO PENN AND TELLER PONIES IN THE BACKGROUND

So here's something that kind of annoys me.

In their debut appearance, Flim and Flam were not con artists. They had a legitimate product that worked exactly as advertised. They were completely fair and legitimate businessmen. Seeing them in later appearances become straight up snake-oil salesmen kind of irks me a bit.

That said, they're still a bunch of fun.

This episode was really good. About time we finally got to see Las Pegasus in all its insane, colorful glory. Still, I'd like to see how any of the other Mane 6 would react to it. 

New ponies. New ponies everywhere. My favorites were Siegfried and Roy. Until now I didn't even know ponies could have chest hair. XD I didn't even notice half of the background pony cameos and posters at first because I had to watch the episode on a tiny, blurry, barely-able-to-load chat reaction video. CURSE YOU COPYRIGHT! 

17 hours ago, WonkyStallion said:

Something I forgot to mention in my initial post: It seems that just about everypony outside of the Mane Six (and Secondary characters) are unfailingly gullible.

There's a sucker born every minute!

Though in Equestria, it might be "There's a sucker born every few seconds!"

Although, they were in Las Vegas Pegasus. Maybe they were all just drunk?

...Can ponies get drunk? And how much alcohol would that take?

All in all it was good, but I wanted Gladmane, once he realized he'd been outed as a con-pony, to have lunged at Fluttershy in anger (preferable shouting "You've ruined everything!), only to get uppercut-bucked by Applejack. Him running away crying felt...unsatisfying.