Rave Blitz

Star Wars: The Expanded Universe Fan Perspective

On the one hand, the Young Jedi Knights series is no longer canon. On the other hand...

1. I got all fourteen books from that on my shelves about five feet from me as I type this. Along with the other book series I like, such as the Thrawn Trilogy, the X-wing novels and the like.

2. I never gave a damn what anyone's ever told me about canon. I'll read these books and they'll be real to me, Disney.

3. Even taking that into account, the abominations known as the New Jedi Order, Swarm War, Legacy of the jedi and Fate of the Jedi series are no longer 'canon'. And that's a good thing for me. Those senseless murders of trees can burn.

I remember when I first found out about the canon change. I was reading ahead (chronologically) of the original trilogy at the time. I got like halfway through the entirety of New Jedi Order. After finding that out, I pretty much stopped reading altogether. Weird. o_O

I am completely on par with Jensaarai. I don't watch star wars for the movies. I enjoy Star Wars for the EU. Sure, Disney may have retconned (right word, right?) the EU, but you know what? What matters to me is if the story of the Expanded Universe touches me. I absolutely LOOOOVE the Old Republic EU <3

With all that said, I think think the EU that is post Episode 6 is cheesy as hell. Basically, the Jedi Temple gets destroyed, gets rebuilt, gets destroyed again by the Uzong Vong, rebuilt again, replay this cycle a million times and youll see why the Post Episode 6 EU bores me