StarlightGlimmer

What are your thoughts on Starlight Glimmer and Trixie

Glimmer is a real cutie, nothing against her! Trixie I do not like that much, she's just not the type of character which I enjoy, though No Second Prances was really good and at the end I did enjoy having her in the episode.

I believe this GIF accurately represents my feelings toward both Starlight and Trixie:

ewtgil1.gif

And if that doesn't carry the point across well enough: I really, really don't like either of them.

Trixie is an egotistic showboat with no redeeming characteristics aside from being able to feel petty for her every time she fails. The only reason I can think of for someone liking her is their need of a dominant female figure in their life.

Starlight on the other hand is a wonderful example of a perfectly good villain being absolutely destroyed via "Reformation". She made a great cult leader in the S6 premiere but since then she's gone so downhill I can't even fathom it. Her motives are weak, her backstory is pathetic, her reformation was abysmal, she's needlessly overpowered for the sake of making her relevant, the show has tried too hard to make her likable, every episode and story arc since the first episode of the S6 finale she's been in has been horribly rushed and the few redeeming characteristics she's had so far have been petty, meme faces and sarcasm.

Edited by Skyrazer
Edit for justification. If I'm gonna sound like an ass, I'll at least justify myself.

16 minutes ago, Pinkie said:

I like Starlight, but i don't care for Trixie. She is my least favorite pony.

I'd say my least favorite pony is Pinkie pie, Personally I don't really like how the mane 6 almost always get the spot light, I would rather see background characters get the spotlight so we can learn more about them.

I love Starlight, and Trixie is ok but I'm not convinced she's entirely reformed. She just gives me the feelings I get from old childhood rivals. Though we've matured and can be civil around each other now doesn't mean they don't still secretly find pleasure in seeing me miserable, or even sneakily trying to sabotage me. The only thing I've always really liked about  Trixie is her coloring and design.

As for Starlight's and Trixie's friendship, I approve of it. They could be really good for each other, and learn a lot from one another.

2 minutes ago, Dublyn Tea said:

I love Starlight, and Trixie is ok but I'm not convinced she's entirely reformed. She just gives me the feelings I get from old childhood rivals. Though we've matured and can be civil around each other now doesn't mean they don't still secretly find pleasure in seeing me miserable, or even sneakily trying to sabotage me. The only thing I've always really liked about  Trixie is her coloring and design.

As for Starlight's and Trixie's friendship, I approve of it. They could be really good for each other, and learn a lot from one another.

I have rivals currently, they always make me aware of what my faults are, I can improve the areas where I am weak in.

I like the coloring of Trixie and design, I hope in 'To where and back again' Trixie has a role in it.

I think they are both excellent ponies - especially when they were evil.  Trixie has the most amazing color scheme as well.

1 minute ago, "User" said:

I think they are both excellent ponies - especially when they were evil.  Trixie has the most amazing color scheme as well.

I really liked the articulation and tone Starlight used when she traveled back in time. Trixie is a close 2nd but I really liked the red eyes and when she banished Twilight 

Trixie is wonderful... Exactly what she's supposed to be, an entertainingly antagonistic pony with a hint of buffoonery.  She's the Daffy Duck of the pony set.  I enjoy her tremendously.

My problem with Starlight is that she's more of a role than a character to me.  I find her shockingly vague for a character on this show.. Especially one who gets a lead role.  All of the Mane Six had their dominant personality traits displayed within their first scenes of their first episode.  Here we are 9 episode appearances or so into Starlight's time on the show and I couldn't tell you what her dominant personality traits are, especially after her reformation.  I knew what excites each of the Mane Six (Learning/Magic/Books, Fashion/High Society, Apple Farming/Family, Flying/Wonderbolts, Animals, Parties/Meeting new ponies) almost from the first moment they're introduced, but I don't know what excites Starlight.  (Magic, maybe?  We know she's surprisingly powerful and she said she practiced for a long time, but is that her passion?  She hasn't really expressed that it's more than a tool.)

Now, Sunset Shimmer is likewise a character that is lacking some easily defined personality traits, but she's not a lead of the main show, and when she has played a co-lead in the Equestria Girls films she has been working with a compelling plot line that built in sympathy for a character trying to change but still suffering for her past.  I don't really feel the sympathy for Starlight as she hasn't had to suffer at all in my eyes.

I'm waiting to see where her story goes with the finale before I give up on her though.  If there is a clever twist to her story than I can forgive the ways that her character has been lacking for me.  If this is all there is to her, however, then I just don't see what she adds.

They've both proven that they can be incredibly adorable, and awesome.
No Second Prances is one of my favorite episodes, thanks to Starlight and Trixie.
And i just gotta love Trixies voice, so adorable.
Starlight too, especially her jokes about her past.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KimOlsen87 said:

They've both proven that they can be incredibly adorable, and awesome.
No Second Prances is one of my favorite episodes, thanks to Starlight and Trixie.
And i just gotta love Trixies voice, so adorable.
Starlight too, especially her jokes about her past.

I used to have a 'Cartoon Crush' on Trixie. 

8 hours ago, StarlightGlimmer said:

Personally I love them, they are just so lovable and cute. I like their personalities and such, What are your thoughts on them?

I'm glad they were redeemed and given another chance, third I believe in Miss Trixie.

3 hours ago, StarlightGlimmer said:

Same. I like seeing evil go to good, has anypony from good turned to evil?

From what I remember seeing I think technically Starlight Glimmer counts for that for her foalhood, I believe it's called.

Just now, Galacter said:

From what I remember seeing I think technically Starlight Glimmer counts for that for her foalhood, I believe it's called.

She is cute as a filly. I wonder if King Zombra could turn good

She is cute as a filly. I wonder if King Zombra could turn good

Eh.......King Zombra?

Sorry for the typo. 

Do you think that Starlight could officially join the Mane 6 so it will be the Mane 7?

Anything is possible be it Good or Evil, though Good in this particular case of course. :D

Just now, Galacter said:

Anything is possible be it Good or Evil, though Good in this particular case of course. :D

I hope that there would be a new set of Mane 6

Trixie

Starlight Glimmer

Thorax

Spike

Sunburst

Sunset Shimmer

F869mKV.jpg

I hope that there would be a new set of Mane 6

Trixie

Starlight Glimmer

Thorax

Spike

Sunburst

Sunset Shimmer

F869mKV.jpg

A new set, each embracing a new perspective for those around them and for four in particular. As stated, anything is possible. ;)

Just now, Galacter said:

A new set, each embracing a new perspective for those around them and for four in particular. As stated, anything is possible. ;)

Yep. I'm kinda tired of seeing the Mane 6 as the center focus almost all the time, it's been like 5-6 years of that. I'd like to see new stuff for a change, and the characters stated above and maybe new characters or background characters actually have the spotlight for a while or so

Yep. I'm kinda tired of seeing the Mane 6 as the center focus almost all the time, it's been like 5-6 years of that. I'd like to see new stuff for a change, and the characters stated above and maybe new characters or background characters actually have the spotlight for a while or so

Hmm..........I believe that was started with the CMC no?

Just now, Galacter said:

Hmm..........I believe that was started with the CMC no?

The CMC have had the focus on them in the past, I wouldn't mind seeing more of them but I'd prefer Trixie,Thorax,Starlight Glimmer, Sunburst, Sunset Shimmer and other background characters have the spotlight for a whole season or something and the Mane 6 go missing and they have to find clues or something.