Lunar Holiday

What would you guys think of a small Minecraft server? (No, wait! Come back!)

A Server poll!  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a small, vanilla Minecraft server would be cool?

• Heck yeah!
    • Only if dedicated, you handsome devil!
    • If it has server protections on, then yes!
    • If it is only PURE vanilla, then yes!
    • Only if I can lock down all of my belongings!
    • No! (But you're still such a wonderful person, Lunar!)

2 hours ago, Lunar Holiday said:

Oh man, I had so much fun with Buildcraft when it first came out! I made so many underground quarries and everything!

Nothing screams modded Minecraft more than 70 pages of blocks in TMI and 30% of those being all the wall panels from Redpower and Utility mods.

4 minutes ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

Pffft. Redpower was where it was at.

Pff. Go BIG or go Vanilla, full Tekkit is the true Modded experience. It's all the mods you'll never manage to use in one playthrough and more.

1 hour ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

Pffft. Redpower was where it was at.

You know, I always was a filthy casual, never heard of it!

But I did search it up, and an entire game based on a factory looking thing that is first-person?

Count me in! (too bad the last post for that was in July of last year!)

Nothing screams modded Minecraft more than 70 pages of blocks in TMI and 30% of those being all the wall panels from Redpower and Utility mods.

Pff. Go BIG or go Vanilla, full Tekkit is the true Modded experience. It's all the mods you'll never manage to use in one playthrough and more.

Bah! Tekkit was so scary!

I loved it.

Well getting back to it, I've wanted to play and always wanted to learn how to get artsy with buildings. Mainly of game characters you see now and then, I commend the creators for spending such time and effort to make such pieces.

1BC3A91616E989FFF2CA7CBE4F6B11D05EF38D67

So I mentioned a while back I was thinking of starting a server and I was gathering information. I learned from a friend that I can move a single-player map over to an online server, so I got around to some solo prepping. To show that I'm getting more serious, and to raise some hyp I would like to present the spawn room:

9322D2F22D16000A7598471B344B2021ADF73C3C

1F660F6B01CE9C36D3224B09D148D3B3BD0FD3FB

F025FD4C22DB8D452211FD5CA05635AF9D6CF877

I still should go in and figure out what basic plugins I need, and I certainly want to expand this. The later I'll do before I move in an advanced Vanguard to help expand the world and set things up for a public grand opening, during the arrival of that "vanguard" we'll figure out what we think we want or will be needed to match it up with what I've proposed.

Update on the server:

It's real, it's a thing. But I'm keeping the doors locked for now. In fact I just closed the doors for the night after doing some preliminary inspections with a friend of mine (ya'll meet him later, maybe) after I fought with getting the single-player map I had been setting up moved onto the server and I learned how to OP myself and get into white-listing.

The server's small-ish. It'll support fifteen people at a time and sorry to say my only option was the US West Coast. You can certainly give it a shot if you're in Europe or the UK, but I'm not promising it'll be an easy thing to use. But, I do have an anecdote in case there's worry: I once played on a server hosted in New Zealand and played on a small community server where we had a regular who was from New Zealand and both ways my connection to the NZ server and the Kiwi to the old server I was on were fine.

Here's some small screenshots from  the inspection earlier today/tonight:

F178990106C9629811F50E4810103261846E7339

934E05A9A60219936501A1E55EAC6280C46F0FEE

I'm going to be pecking my way through things over tomorrow or the next few days but now I got momentum I'm hoping I can get an actual time-table in place and open it up to the public. I know for sure from this exploration we will probably need warps and dynamap at least: we nearly got lost in our earlier explorations.

me and my friend actually own our own vanilla mc server the only thing thats not pure vanilla

is that I used commands to give me and him and a few of my friends colored names and an

few command block machines that dont even effect gameplay for non-opped players