Topaz

List of Pony-related Tabletop RPGs

Recommended Posts

Hello there! I'm a long time Tabletop/Traditional/Pen & Paper Role-Playing Gamer as well as My Little Pony fan. I've been keeping a list of the Poly-related TRPGs for the Pony discussion threads in the Giant in the Playground forum; when EqD put up their game lists I sent in the then-current version of the list (I emailed an update a few weeks back, but I'm not sure it made it in), but now that these forums have started up and have a place for the topic I though it made sense to post the latest on here as well.

If you have any corrections or updates, please post a reply!

LIST OF MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC TABLETOP ROLE PLAYING GAMES  (Updated 29 April 2018)

Hasbro's Officially Licensed My Little Pony Friendship is Magic TRPG --

Tails of Equestria, from River Horse (Facebook Page)

Stand-alone Games --

D20 Based:
Courage is Magic (2.2 The Moon Sets Edition!) (Very Heavily Modified D&D4 based)
Heroes of Equestria (D&D-ish)
Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony (d20 meets Final Fantasy style)

D6 Based:

Magic of Equestria (a system in progress designed for play-by-post)
My Little Pony: Roleplaying is Magic, Season Four
Pony Tales the RPG (Open d6 based)
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, The Roleplaying Game (Older game using a D6 dice pool)
Puzzles and Ponies (Simple 1d6 game)

D10 based:
Sereg's Pony RPG (D10 dice pool)

D100 (percentile dice) based:
Fallout: Equestria RPG
Older, different Fallout:Equestria RPG
Fallout: Equestria PNP

Multiple die type based:
My Little Heroes AKA Hooves of Heroes (Original ODT file) (PDF version)
Ponies: The Roleplaying Game

Dice Pool Based (Ubiquity System):
Roan – Pulp Adventure RPG (Commercial "Equine Action Adventure in a world of Pulp Fiction")

Playing card based:
Friendship is Magic, the Tabletop RPG (GitP forum)

Commercial Card-based Dungeon Adventure Game:
Buck: Legacy

Supplements for existing systems --

Ponyfinder, a commercial Pony-based Campaign Setting for Pathfinder (Main book, has many supplements)
Pony Races for Pathfinder (Old)
2012 Fan Pony-Pathfinder thread on Paizo forum

Ponyfinder Setting Book is also available in a version for D&D 5th Edition

Planeshift:Equestria, a Pony sourcebook for D&D 5e (New version 1.10)
Roleplaying in Equestria for D&D Fifth Edition and associated Bestiary and Artifact book
Digo's Pony Races for D&D 5e (Discussion on GitP)

Ponies for D&D 4e

Dungeons & Dragons: Friendship is Magic (Ponies for D&D 3.5)
Pony Races for D&D 3.5 (GitP forum)
Ponies! My Little Pony: D20 adaptation

The Conversion Bureau (uses Microlite 20)

Rarity's Marvelous Wish-Granting Chapeaux (RPGnet forum, FiM using The Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPG.)

The Savage World of My Little Pony (uses Savage Worlds)

My Little Pony meets Exalted tumblr

Shadowtrot by Digo Dragon (uses Shadowrun 4e) (Original Nightmare Run)

The Mane Six for FATE Accelerated (RPGnet forum)

MLP:FiM for Burning Engine/Mouse Guard (Discussion on RPGnet)

Unknown Ponies: Failure is Awesome (uses Unknown Armies)

Don't Rest Your Hooves (uses Don't Rest Your Head)
Don't Hate Your Friends (Don't Rest Your Head hack, RPGnet forum)

My Little Legend (uses the Legend RPG from Rule of Cool RPGs)

Ponies for Oz (uses Adventures in Oz: Fantasy Roleplaying Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)

Edited by Topaz
Updated links

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this, this gets me excited.

The only problem for me is the lack of friends,

let alone friends that would sit down in a long game centered around pony!

Nevertheless, this is a pretty impressive list, nice work!

I didn't even know there were this many pone-based tabletops! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have to warn you that the list is pretty much Everything I Could Find, so it ranges from projects still in reasonably active development to stuff that got put up in Seasons One/Two and never revised since, as well as everything from complete games to brief discussions of "how I would do Pony in X". On the other hoof, the P&P RPG community has a long history of latching onto something and using it as a beginning for their own further ideas, so I figured I would put it all up and let the interested parties sort it out.

I do go through it every so often for new versions and broken links, and I add other projects as I come across them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Topaz said:

I do have to warn you that the list is pretty much Everything I Could Find, so it ranges from projects still in reasonably active development to stuff that got put up in Seasons One/Two and never revised since, as well as everything from complete games to brief discussions of "how I would do Pony in X". On the other hoof, the P&P RPG community has a long history of latching onto something and using it as a beginning for their own further ideas, so I figured I would put it all up and let the interested parties sort it out.

I do go through it every so often for new versions and broken links, and I add other projects as I come across them.

Jeez!

That sounds like a lot of work! Again, nice job with accruing such a large list, and keeping updated nonetheless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19 septembre 2016 at 4:37 PM, Lunar Holiday said:

Now this, this gets me excited.

The only problem for me is the lack of friends,

let alone friends that would sit down in a long game centered around pony!

Nevertheless, this is a pretty impressive list, nice work!

I didn't even know there were this many pone-based tabletops! 

You and me both :(

Well, actually, I have a "lot" of friends that also love RPG games. But they don't like MLP. So let's play together :3! 

 

 

@Topaz thank you so much it is amazing *-* it's an amazing job you did *w*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aiadeva said:

You and me both :(

Well, actually, I have a "lot" of friends that also love RPG games. But they don't like MLP. So let's play together :3! 

I'd be honored, friend!

All we need now is to recruit further, and I'm sure someone in The Family would be interested!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2016 at 5:43 PM, Lunar Holiday said:

Jeez!

That sounds like a lot of work! Again, nice job with accruing such a large list, and keeping updated nonetheless!

Well, you're certainly welcome, but really it's just an hour or so every month or so, or when I run across or am told of a new project. The size of the list is primarily due to the creativity of the brony community and that it's been accumulating links for three and a half years now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a bump to let folks know that the list has been updated - not a lot of changes, but some updated links and a few dead links purged.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another update, as I was informed of Magic of Equestria, a new game being designed mainly for play-by-post use, but as far as I can tell still suitable for tabletop play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note that I've updated the links for Planeshift:Equestria and Ponies for D&D4e.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now