newworld

Do the writers, voice actresses, animators, and the rest of the staff, new and old, deserve to be fired immediately?

As said, do they really deserve to be sacked? As in really (times infinity), truly fired on the spot?

All because of stupid trivialities you hate?
Not showing a character the way you see it?
Not giving them screentime they deserve?
Because they themselves or that you hate the character/s?
Because they have a hard time with characterization?

That you want this character to truly die?

Because the story of the episode didn't turn out the way you expected? That they couldn't match god-tier writing that I'm not so aware of? That they couldn't make characters use common sense and do things that would instantly resolve conflicts?

Is this what you want to happen to them:

Make them lose their jobs, their credibility, and their self-efficacy at it? Huh? Is that what you want?

To make them suffer and have difficulty spending years or decades trying to find a new niche in life? Humiliate them? Laugh and spit at their faces? Make them cry? Throw mud and rocks and objects at them till they bleed? Kick them while they're down?

Because it seems to me that you want it to be that way. What every brony wants to happen.

12 minutes ago, Toki Zensekai said:

Woah woah woah, dude, slow down!

I'm a bit lost here, what has you ruffled out like this?

Why don't you look carefully at the topics on MLPForum, or the comments on EQDaily? I suggest you look very carefully, because it's too much for me too explain in a short period of time

Just now, newworld said:

Why don't you look carefully at the topics on MLPForum, or the comments on EQDaily? I suggest you look very carefully, because it's too much for me too explain in a short period of time

The problem is I check neither of those two, I stick primarily with FiG.

27 minutes ago, Toki Zensekai said:

The problem is I check neither of those two, I stick primarily with FiG.

Well either way, I suggest you devote some time and see what I mean with those 2 sites. And I don't know what FiG is

24 minutes ago, newworld said:

Well either way, I suggest you devote some time and see what I mean with those 2 sites. And I don't know what FiG is

Friendship is Gaming, that would be the forum you're currently in right now.

This is now the EQD forums. It hasn't been FiG since like the end of June.

Negative crap sticks in our brains more than positive stuff. Pretty sure everything is confirmation bias for you at this point. Either step away from the fandom for a few months and check back in then or just don't read comment sections (pretend they're all YouTube comments).

6 hours ago, newworld said:

As said, do they really deserve to be sacked? As in really (times infinity), truly fired on the spot?

All because of stupid trivialities you hate?
Not showing a character the way you see it?
Not giving them screentime they deserve?
Because they themselves or that you hate the character/s?
Because they have a hard time with characterization?

That you want this character to truly die?

Because the story of the episode didn't turn out the way you expected? That they couldn't match god-tier writing that I'm not so aware of? That they couldn't make characters use common sense and do things that would instantly resolve conflicts?

Is this what you want to happen to them:

Make them lose their jobs, their credibility, and their self-efficacy at it? Huh? Is that what you want?

To make them suffer and have difficulty spending years or decades trying to find a new niche in life? Humiliate them? Laugh and spit at their faces? Make them cry? Throw mud and rocks and objects at them till they bleed? Kick them while they're down?

Because it seems to me that you want it to be that way. What every brony wants to happen.

Seems like the more "Hardcore" residents are beginning to show their childlike tantrum sides.

2 hours ago, LegendaryR'QA said:

I am confused, what?

See, him and I are both on the same boat here.

But though seriously, you're confused to, R'QA? You usually are on top of these things. :rariwhat:

Ah!

We can piece it all together, come on!

It'll be like a cool little community puzzle!

Alright, first piece! It's posted in the comics section, so it's gotta relate to the comics somehow, right?

3 hours ago, Lunar Holiday said:

Ah!

We can piece it all together, come on!

It'll be like a cool little community puzzle!

Alright, first piece! It's posted in the comics section, so it's gotta relate to the comics somehow, right?

What would they be fired for exactly might be a good way to start. ;)

I think what you've seen is only a minority. While it's true that there are people like that, I know a lot of people that aren't. To answer your question, no one on the staff deserves to be fired just because some people are so nitpicky. A lot of people still like the show and it's going well for Hasbro, so there's really no reason to fire everyone.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2016 at 8:38 PM, PinkiePie97 said:

I think what you've seen is only a minority. While it's true that there are people like that, I know a lot of people that aren't. To answer your question, no one on the staff deserves to be fired just because some people are so nitpicky. A lot of people still like the show and it's going well for Hasbro, so there's really no reason to fire everyone.

I'm aware that this is my fault when I say that everyone I meet on EQdaily and MLPforums is already the entire fanbase and that their word is law for the lesser. I haven't watched anything since AJ Day's off because I blame everyone else for their opinions that made me not enjoy the show the way I want to. I'm swayed to believe that the loud ones are always correct and that quiet ones like me are weak and always wrong.

For example, everyone wants Starlight dead because of her powers or that she still uses questionable methods to accomplish something now. You know what? If everyone wants a character truly literally dead, or written out then why aren't the writers going to make it actually happen? And even if they (writers) didn't and explain why, why do the "fans" blame them continuously?

If you ask me, the extremely bad situation would be if the fans actually orchestrated a sort of violent stirrup and wanted to really harm the staff because they ("fans") weren't appeased.

I'm sick of everyone being vocal about everything. In my book to be vocal is to be a troublemaker and to risk getting beaten up. Why can't every pony website be shut down for 24 hours so I won't have to listen to their venom? Why can't everyone just shut up for once in their life? None of this drama or any drama at all would exist if they just keep silent. It's just that simple.

Okay, that's not right either. I may be sick of the negativity of some people in the fandom, but I would never say they don't have the right to express it.

Most of the whining in the fandom is just that, whining. They're not actually going to do anything about it. (Beyond some will write fanfics about "how it should have gone.") The staff know what they're doing and they are not going to bow to a minority of loud and obnoxious fans.

If an opinionated fanbase is bothering you this much, drop out of the fandom but keep watching the show. Stop reading the EqD comments and the forums that have gotten you so down. Keep watching season 6, because you dropped out before some really fun episodes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newworld said:

I'm aware that this is my fault when I say that everyone I meet on EQdaily and MLPforums is already the entire fanbase and that their word is law for the lesser. I haven't watched anything since AJ Day's off because I blame everyone else for their opinions that made me not enjoy the show the way I want to. I'm swayed to believe that the loud ones are always correct and that quiet ones like me are weak and always wrong.

For example, everyone wants Starlight dead because of her powers or that she still uses questionable methods to accomplish something now. You know what? If everyone wants a character truly literally dead, or written out then why aren't the writers going to make it actually happen? And even if they (writers) didn't and explain why, why do the "fans" blame them continuously?

If you ask me, the extremely bad situation would be if the fans actually orchestrated a sort of violent stirrup and wanted to really harm the staff because they ("fans") weren't appeased.

I'm sick of everyone being vocal about everything. In my book to be vocal is to be a troublemaker and to risk getting beaten up. Why can't every pony website be shut down for 24 hours so I won't have to listen to their venom? Why can't everyone just shut up for once in their life? None of this drama or any drama at all would exist if they just keep silent. It's just that simple.

Again, a lot of people aren't like that. You mentioned the word vocal. It's very possible that the people you described are just a vocal minority. I know people that still enjoy the show without being so nitpicky

As for these people making you think you're wrong for liking the show, I really don't think you should let them effect your enjoyment. I feel I'm a pretty good example here. I like The Powerpuff Girls reboot, and while all the hate it gets hasn't been fun for me, it hasn't stopped me from watching and enjoying it. Me and others that like it have our opinion, and those that hate it have theirs. Neither side is right or wrong, no matter how vocal one side is.

As for wanting pony sites to shut down for a little while so you won't have to deal with these people, I hate to break it to you, but the chances of that happening are slim. If you really can't handle it, then maybe you should step away from these sites for a little while.

9 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Again, a lot of people aren't like that. You mentioned the word vocal. It's very possible that the people you described are just a vocal minority. I know people that still enjoy the show without being so nitpicky

As for these people making you think you're wrong for liking the show, I really don't think you should let them effect your enjoyment. I feel I'm a pretty good example here. I like The Powerpuff Girls reboot, and while all the hate it gets hasn't been fun for me, it hasn't stopped me from watching and enjoying it. Me and others that like it have our opinion, and those that hate it have theirs. Neither side is right or wrong, no matter how vocal one side is.

As for wanting pony sites to shut down for a little while so you won't have to deal with these people, I hate to break it to you, but the chances of that happening are slim. If you really can't handle it, then maybe you should step away from these sites for a little while.

Well how about a worst case scenario where the "fans"literally take up arms and start a bloodbath against the staff because every single last expectation was never met?

And I should reiterate my point of thinking I"m wrong for liking the show for this or that, I don't want to analyze this show at all because all it does is give me a splitting headache All I want s just to see the characters do this or that and just sit quietly how it all unfolds, that's it! I won't say anything else after that!

I don't give a * about who gets screentime, who is most hated or liked, or if Newbie Dash or MMDW or whatever is 1000% hated or if redemptions/reformations are rushed or anything else is rushed. or if a character did something questionable.

But since this fandom has nothing but jerks and idiots, I feel like I'm living in a dictatorship. That's all it ever will be from this point on until the show really ends. It's like the show has done the absolute opposite of what it was meant to do in 2010 up till now. This is isn't a show about friendship anymore. It's just a medium to stir up more hate among everybody.

Now I'm already thinking that there is nothing relatable about the characters or stories, because MLPFIM was already a piece of * since its inception!

To me the fans are like authorities and these professional writers are (I've been made to think) conmen or brainless lumps of mass who really deserve to be booted. I feel like I should only listen to the fans because they always seem like they have god-level knowledge about what's right or wrong and that the writers are clearly evil people who never cared about us. It's like they, the voice actresses and staff never cared about us at all. I don't care anymore if your or the fandom's or staff's or company's "friendship or optimism" theme actually does save someone's life because I can never forgive everyone for the things that they've done to me.

41 minutes ago, newworld said:

Well how about a worst case scenario where the "fans"literally take up arms and start a bloodbath against the staff because every single last expectation was never met?

And I should reiterate my point of thinking I"m wrong for liking the show for this or that, I don't want to analyze this show at all because all it does is give me a splitting headache All I want s just to see the characters do this or that and just sit quietly how it all unfolds, that's it! I won't say anything else after that!

I don't give a * about who gets screentime, who is most hated or liked, or if Newbie Dash or MMDW or whatever is 1000% hated or if redemptions/reformations are rushed or anything else is rushed. or if a character did something questionable.

But since this fandom has nothing but jerks and idiots, I feel like I'm living in a dictatorship. That's all it ever will be from this point on until the show really ends. It's like the show has done the absolute opposite of what it was meant to do in 2010 up till now. This is isn't a show about friendship anymore. It's just a medium to stir up more hate among everybody.

Now I'm already thinking that there is nothing relatable about the characters or stories, because MLPFIM was already a piece of * since its inception!

To me the fans are like authorities and these professional writers are (I've been made to think) conmen or brainless lumps of mass who really deserve to be booted. I feel like I should only listen to the fans because they always seem like they have god-level knowledge about what's right or wrong and that the writers are clearly evil people who never cared about us. It's like they, the voice actresses and staff never cared about us at all. I don't care anymore if your or the fandom's or staff's or company's "friendship or optimism" actually does save someone's life because I can never forgive everyone for the things that they've done to me.

This fandom is not nothing but jerks and idiots. I've told you that already. Yeah, there are toxic people, but not everyone is like that. Just ignore the toxic people. If it's too much for you, then maybe you should stop reading people's comments. Don't care about who gets screentime, who's most hated or liked, etc? That's fine. No one can force you to care. If someone tries, then they are the problem. Not you. As for fans starting a bloodbath, I highly doubt that's going to happen. I know you said that's a worst case scenario, but still.

8 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

No offense, but I feel like you're getting too wrapped up around this. This fandom is not nothing but jerks and idiots. I've told you that already. Yeah, there are toxic people, but not everyone is like that. Just ignore the toxic people. If it's too much for you, then maybe you should stop reading people's comments. Don't care about who gets screentime, who's most hated or liked, etc? That's fine. No one can force you to care. If someone tries, then they are the problem. Not you. As for fans starting a bloodbath, I highly doubt that's going to happen. I know you said that's a worst case scenario, but still.

Ok I hear you. Now how about you apply what you said and what I said to all the negative reception that, say, the SG episode are getting, especially with the preview of every little thing she does. Would that case still apply to me not caring about anyone else telling me how I should think about the show?

3 minutes ago, newworld said:

Ok I hear you. Now how about you apply what you said and what I said to all the negative reception that, say, the SG episode are getting, especially with the preview of every little thing she does. Would that case still apply to me not caring about anyone else telling me how I should think about the show?

Yes, while I do get it can be frustrating, it shouldn't have any power over your opinion.

26 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Yes, while I do get it can be frustrating, it shouldn't have any power over your opinion.

Can you elaborate further? I was expecting more

2 hours ago, newworld said:

To me the fans are like authorities and these professional writers are (I've been made to think) conmen or brainless lumps of mass who really deserve to be booted. I feel like I should only listen to the fans because they always seem like they have god-level knowledge about what's right or wrong and that the writers are clearly evil people who never cared about us. It's like they, the voice actresses and staff never cared about us at all. I don't care anymore if your or the fandom's or staff's or company's "friendship or optimism" theme actually does save someone's life because I can never forgive everyone for the things that they've done to me.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

To me the fans are like authorities and these professional writers are (I've been made to think) conmen or brainless lumps of mass who really deserve to be booted.

You cannot be serious! Fandom is a collection of fans; there's no right or wrong way to be a fan. The writers, like the fans, are people. To even say that the fandom's like a dictatorship is not only a bunch of nonsense. It's a complete disrespect out of everyone in the fandom, including yourself.

I don't want to analyze this show at all

Then don't. You're not required to analyze an episode. No one will force you to analyze in order to be a fan.

because I can never forgive everyone for the things that they've done to me.

Dude, they did nothing to you. Throughout your time here, you equated everyone who dislikes season 6 as an automatic hater, bashed people behind their backs (yeah, I saw you naming me in your other thread), stereotyped the fandom as dictators, kvetched about people who are negative on sites, and wished for a shutdown on sites because you can't handle the negativity.

Sorry, bronydom isn't an echo chamber. People are going to dislike and like episodes. If they have a problem with an episode, they're going to air their complaints. If it's offensive, do so angrily. You know what? They have every right to be.

13 hours ago, newworld said:

In my book to be vocal is to be a troublemaker and to risk getting beaten up.

If you're going to make yourself credible, never suggest violence towards anyone!

What's going on right now is your own doing, and your behavior isn't making people like myself believe you. Advocating violence crosses the line big time.

• Like 3