Aaargh Zombies

The Cutie Re-Mark: What caused the "devistated Equestia" future?

For all of the alternative futures in The Cutie Re-Mark we get an explanation of what caused them, except for the last one. The one where we see a desolate wasteland.

What do YOU think caused that future?

Was it an event that we see in the show that exploded without the Mane 6 to stop it, or was it something totally new that didn't happen in the show. Princess Derpy, maybe?

A part of me wants to know what did cause it, but, on the other hand, apart of me wants to keep it a mystery. Some good parts of horror is when things are never explained fully. Then again, this is My Little Pony were talking about, not The Twilight Zone, so I'm not sure if the "keep it a mystery" thing would work as well. 

2 minutes ago, WaterPulse said:

A part of me wants to know what did cause it, but, on the other hand, apart of me wants to keep it a mystery. Some good parts of horror is when things are never explained fully. Then again, this is My Little Pony were talking about, not The Twilight Zone, so I'm not sure if the "keep it a mystery" thing would work as well. 

When you get right down to it, a cartoon written for girls aged 8-10 just had an episode in which (by implication) millions of people must have been exterminated.

Eh! Beats me!

Maybe it's this weird thing where the whole magical harmony thing went haywire without the bearers, trying to right the world again without them!

Or, maybe in the opening sequence of the very first episode we had Ron Perlman narrating it!

Could have been destroyed by Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, and Celestia all fighting over it. Seeing no other option and not wanting to watch her ponies suffer, Celestia could have vaporized everything by throwing open a portal to the center of the sun and letting the devastation flow, quickly ending all the suffering. 

11 minutes ago, Steamworks said:

Could have been destroyed by Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra, Tirek, and Celestia all fighting over it. Seeing no other option and not wanting to watch her ponies suffer, Celestia could have vaporized everything by throwing open a portal to the center of the sun and letting the devastation flow, quickly ending all the suffering. 

Meanwhile, the pony versions of Jor-El and Lana launch their only son into space, where he lands on a pony Earth and thus, pony Superman was born.

• Like 1

I kinda wonder if it was the future in which Starlight took over. With everypony being equal, no one has ANY special talents, period. Nobody (but Starlight) can defend themselves against an oncoming army. Nobody can raise or lower the moon or sun, nobody can tend to crops well, nopony can bake worth a crap, no entertainment...these and many more things would cause the downfall of any society. In addition, perhaps everypony got fed up and started a rebellion against Starlight. Starlight then goes bonkers and incinerates everything in an unholy rage.

They never evicted the napping dragon in Dragon Shy. Smoke choked out the skies, all plant life died, acid rain destroyed the landscape, life became impossible.

Moral of the story: don't let sleeping dragons lie!

I have a few theories...

- That is what happens to the universe of any cartoon when it ends.

- Luna pranked Twilight and made her think that reading had been banned.

- Celestia finally got an episode (in some people's heads).

- War with Yakyakistan happened and didn't end very well for Equestria.

- Starlight Glimmer became the new main character.

My second favorite

- Fallout: Equestria.

And my favorite...

- Celestia got tired of waiting for an episode and left, leaving Luna, Twilight and Cadance to deal with Equestria. It didn't end very well either.

In reality, the most likely is that the writers themselves never thought about it very long (like most things in that episode) and we're wasting our time trying to make sense of it.:ajlol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WonkyStallion said:

I kinda wonder if it was the future in which Starlight took over. With everypony being equal, no one has ANY special talents, period. Nobody (but Starlight) can defend themselves against an oncoming army. Nobody can raise or lower the moon or sun, nobody can tend to crops well, nopony can bake worth a crap, no entertainment...these and many more things would cause the downfall of any society. In addition, perhaps everypony got fed up and started a rebellion against Starlight. Starlight then goes bonkers and incinerates everything in an unholy rage.

then it wouldn't be a wasteland, nature would have taken back the ponylands...

My theory: The time travel shenanigans ended up killing/unmaking Twilight, so the Elements never got their bearers. When NMM returned, Celestia fought her without mercy, as it was now clear that the moon could not hold her. Unfortunately, the Nightmare (which, in the comics at least, is a separate entity for Luna) jump ship when Celestia killed her (as the great sorrow she felt for doing "what was necessary" would leave her open in the same way Luna's jealousy left her open). From there, Nightmare Star took control, and with the only other alicorn to stop her was barely out of her teens, she declared that the Day Would Last FOREVER and bled Equestrua dry.

On 9/25/2016 at 1:08 PM, Aaargh Zombies said:

For all of the alternative futures in The Cutie Re-Mark we get an explanation of what caused them, except for the last one. The one where we see a desolate wasteland.

What do YOU think caused that future?

Was it an event that we see in the show that exploded without the Mane 6 to stop it, or was it something totally new that didn't happen in the show. Princess Derpy, maybe?

And more along the lines of just WHO survived that devastation. It saddens me to see such catastrophe befall such a peaceful plane.