Sign in to follow this  
WonkyStallion

Question about the PS4

Now I know I could look this up myself, but I just love posting here so I have a good excuse reason to do so.

It's my understanding that the PS4 can only work properly on certain televisions. I can't remember where I heard it, but I'd like to verify just to be certain.

On 9/25/2016 at 5:50 PM, WonkyStallion said:

Now I know I could look this up myself, but I just love posting here so I have a good excuse reason to do so.

It's my understanding that the PS4 can only work properly on certain televisions. I can't remember where I heard it, but I'd like to verify just to be certain.

Today's age flat-screens are what I believe it'll only work on.

3 hours ago, WonkyStallion said:

That's like the one thing I was sure of.

My guess would be the 2012 to today's models.

Depending on how distorted of a display you're okay with... You can hook it up to any display that has some form of video input.  You might need various connectors and/or adapters though.  Age shouldn't really be an issue as much as overall screen resolution.  Most screens are in either a 16:9, 4:3, or even a 1:1 format. 

2 hours ago, ZeBronyCaptain said:

Depending on how distorted of a display you're okay with... You can hook it up to any display that has some form of video input.  You might need various connectors and/or adapters though.  Age shouldn't really be an issue as much as overall screen resolution.  Most screens are in either a 16:9, 4:3, or even a 1:1 format. 

I want the best possible visual experience without shelling out too much cash. At the moment, I'm asking friends and family if they have a TV capable of supporting a PS4.