TaliaKirana

Rest of Season 6 to air early next week in the UK

5 hours ago, TaliaKirana said:

Seems the UK will be airing the rest of Season 6 next week. Including the finale. Spoilers are going to be everywhere. It's going to be really hard to go into the finale blind for the US airing, unless I avoid all sections of the 'Net where pony will be discussed.

But not impossible. :D Patience is a virtue after-all.

It's kinda of exciting that the UK will be getting it first after all these years.

I'll likely watch the finale next week, so I get involved in discussion without spoilers, but save episodes 23 & 24 so I don't waste it all too quickly!

That's strange, but seems to be becoming a trend these days, what with LoE releasing early in Brazil and now the rest of the season marathoning in the UK.

I'm not sure how or why Hasbro has agreed to let these channels broadcast episodes early in a marathon like that. One could assume it would be done to make way for the EQG movie, so it wouldn't interfere with the schedule of the show or reveal anything about the finale like Friendship Games. However LoE is scheduled to premiere on October 1's internationally. The Brazil version not withstanding. It must be something the UK network itself requested otherwise I see no reason the execs at Hasbro or Discovery would request the show be aired early in one specific country.

Heh well if you're in Australia like me doesn't matter either way, it's never here first.

Although that said, the only problem with it being in the UK first is that the channels which show MLP there only broadcast in Standard Definition.

I'll be watching.  I have no desire to play dodge the spoilers for over a month.

And, as a Doctor Who fan, watching stuff that airs earlier in the UK is kind of second nature...

I'm kind of frustrated with how smug some international fans are being. Is it so wrong to want an American show's  season finale to air in the US first? No one sane is annoyed by Dr Who episodes airing in the UK first, because that's the show's home market. I don't care quite as much about "Where The Apple Lies" and "Top Bolt" airing early. But I was looking forward to having new episodes for most of the month and now I'm going to have to watch it all in a week so I don't get spoiled. (I'll probably still get up to watch the US airings.) And I'm not saying the UK finale airing should be delayed for months, just held back until the same week as it airs in the US.

16 minutes ago, TaliaKirana said:

I'm kind of frustrated with how smug some international fans are being. Is it so wrong to want an American show's  season finale to air in the US first? No one sane is annoyed by Dr Who episodes airing in the UK first, because that's the show's home market. I don't care quite as much about "Where The Apple Lies" and "Top Bolt" airing early. But I was looking forward to having new episodes for most of the month and now I'm going to have to watch it all in a week so I don't get spoiled. (I'll probably still get up to watch the US airings.) And I'm not saying the UK finale airing should be delayed for months, just held back until the same week as it airs in the US.

Yeah me too

Some of them are saying oh, you don't know what it's like, and I'm thinking hey, as a JRPG fan I've had to deal with getting things up to a few years later.

It's not really a "leak" though.  It's officially airing, just not in North America.

1 hour ago, TaliaKirana said:

As  Doctor Who fan, I can tell you that's not true.  Many fans think BBC America should air at the same time, especially since they have done it once (the 50th anniversary special).  There were similar complaints from Top Gear fans. 

Honestly, does it even matter where and when it airs? I thought we were past petty "Oh, we should get it first because *reasons* !" arguments. It will be uploaded to the internet and you can watch it whenever and wherever you want, when and how it aired doesn't matter.

The point here is, we got four episodes in one week instead of them being drawn out across four weeks. They will still air in the normal schedule in the States, so if you're that hell-bent on watching them on Discovery Kids you can. However, the rest of us who live in countries where the the show doesn't air or don't have time to watch it on TV, will stay with our on-demand videos on the internet.

4 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

Honestly, does it even matter where and when it airs? I thought we were past petty "Oh, we should get it first because *reasons* !" arguments. It will be uploaded to the internet and you can watch it whenever and wherever you want, when and how it aired doesn't matter.

The point here is, we got four episodes in one week instead of them being drawn out across four weeks. They will still air in the normal schedule in the States, so if you're that hell-bent on watching them on Discovery Kids you can. However, the rest of us who live in countries where the the show doesn't air or don't have time to watch it on TV, will stay with our on-demand videos on the internet.

I don't even use TV anymore. I just use my internet.

5 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

or countries that doesn't show them on regular TV and still missing even season 5 of MLP.

Here I was wishing for Season 6 to get on with the overarching story already. Well it's good and bad. Great though for me because I'll catch a stream for it, worth it being caught up. Early hiatus now, but we have the 2017 movie coming up.

Not great to the people being patient and avoiding spoilers, but if this goes through.. what can you do?

21 hours ago, TaliaKirana said:

I'm kind of frustrated with how smug some international fans are being. Is it so wrong to want an American show's  season finale to air in the US first? No one sane is annoyed by Dr Who episodes airing in the UK first, because that's the show's home market. 

Doctor Who gets simucast on BBC America though, because the BBC control the world

On 9/28/2016 at 5:16 PM, TaliaKirana said:

Seems the UK will be airing the rest of Season 6 next week. Including the finale. Spoilers are going to be everywhere. It's going to be really hard to go into the finale blind for the US airing, unless I avoid all sections of the 'Net where pony will be discussed.

I'm a bit jealous here. :(

On 10/1/2016 at 11:36 AM, TaliaKirana said:

Is it so wrong to want an American show's  season finale to air in the US first?

Does it air at the same time in Canada as the United States?

Because the show is actually made in Canada, it's only written in the States.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jack Pipsam said:

Does it air at the same time in Canada as the United States?

Because the show is actually made in Canada, it's only written in the States.

Yeah I was going to mention this earlier myself. Production studio and most actors are in Canada, it is written in the US and owned by a US based company, and also animated overseas ... 

From a work product perspective it's really an international show. Then again I suppose that case can be made for nearly every entertainment brand these days. 

I am looking at this website's T.V. schedule and it's incomplete with a discrepancy. http://www.filmon.tv/tvguide/# Wednesday at 00:00 (12:00)/08:30 is Where the Apple Lies but Thursday's episode listed is To Where and Back Again Part 1, instead of Top Bolt according to this schedule. Huh, where did Top Bolt go then? Or is this schedule just messing with me? I'm double checking I didn't miss looking at the schedule, pretty sure I did not.

It seems Top Bolt is entirely missing from the schedule right now. Maybe if I just wait until Monday the week's schedule will be correct. I definitely do not want to miss the early episode airings online. Via some kind of stream website.

Edited by Canyon Light