CoasterBrony

Wish List - Fallout 4 mod

Hello everyone,

I was just thinking today about Fallout 4 and Brony mods.  What kind of mods do we have and what kind of mods do we want?  I am taking a 300 level course on level design right now and we are using the Fallout 4 kit for our project.  I probably will not have anything out soon because I work full time and have full time school, but I was wondering what everyone would like as a mod for Fallout.  I am not an artist, but I can still add quests and such to the game and code up some interesting events.  Maybe we can inspire other designers in here as well.

5 hours ago, CoasterBrony said:

Hello everyone,

I was just thinking today about Fallout 4 and Brony mods.  What kind of mods do we have and what kind of mods do we want?  I am taking a 300 level course on level design right now and we are using the Fallout 4 kit for our project.  I probably will not have anything out soon because I work full time and have full time school, but I was wondering what everyone would like as a mod for Fallout.  I am not an artist, but I can still add quests and such to the game and code up some interesting events.  Maybe we can inspire other designers in here as well.

That's nice actually, I know gaming companies have begun buying mods from mortals all around and implementing them into games as actual features, finger's/hooves crossed. ;) 

Well, there are texture replacers.
A mod that adds pony "plushies" (replacers some toys and misc. items).
One that alters the SPECIALs and perks window with animated ponies.
Some clothes with pony inspired design.
Some weapons instpired from FoE, like Lil' Mac.

Tattoos for the player character.
And some sound replacers, like Fluttershy's "yay" on levelling up and similar stuff.

What i do want is: animated pony companions WITH usable magic/abilities, Twily gatling laser FTW!
Preferably voiced.
And...it's all i want for now :3

On 9/29/2016 at 7:12 AM, MoltenKitten said:

mfw sony is a jerk and doesn't let bethesda do what they want so you don't get any mods on ps4 :applejargh:

Completely agree. I have a PS4 before a decent PC able to run Fallout 4. I was disappointed to read that Sony is holding back mods on the console. Where is the pressure to tell us why exactly? Outrageous that seemingly nothing is done in the community of many PS4 users. 

My little wish list for Fallout 4 mods:

Radio mods (GNR, Pony songs that I really want to try)

Fallout: Equestria (Little Macintosh pistol comes to mind wanting to test out)

Visible weapons holstered (How I want a sniper rifle slung across my character's back)

It would all be amazing compared to the vanilla experience, I am only content with the vanilla and DLCs in the base game because I am not in a position right now to have a PC able to run Fallout 4.

2 hours ago, Canyon Light said:

Completely agree. I have a PS4 before a decent PC able to run Fallout 4. I was disappointed to read that Sony is holding back mods on the console. Where is the pressure to tell us why exactly? Outrageous that seemingly nothing is done in the community of many PS4 users. 

Worst part is that they allowed Farming Simulator to have mods, I don't understand why or what the difference is

On 9/29/2016 at 10:12 AM, MoltenKitten said:

mfw sony is a jerk and doesn't let bethesda do what they want so you don't get any mods on ps4 :applejargh:

Unfortunately not. Makes me happy I'm with Xbox, I recommend Microsoft. ;)

On 10/1/2016 at 5:14 PM, Canyon Light said:

My little wish list for Fallout 4 mods:

Radio mods (GNR, Pony songs that I really want to try)

Fallout: Equestria (Little Macintosh pistol comes to mind wanting to test out)

Visible weapons holstered (How I want a sniper rifle slung across my character's back)

It would all be amazing compared to the vanilla experience, I am only content with the vanilla and DLCs in the base game because I am not in a position right now to have a PC able to run Fallout 4.

seems like there's some radioy stuff already.
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10190/?
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15159/?

as for Lil' Mac, it's nice, but not moddable unlike the other 44.'s, so it's strength becomes inferior compared to moddable vanilla guns.

Oh yes a less obtrusive highlight would be amazing, I'd like to actually see what I'm doing

Also ps4 mods are a thing now but you have to use assets already in game, I'm not a modder so I don't know how that limits them exactly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MoltenKitten said:

Oh yes a less obtrusive highlight would be amazing, I'd like to actually see what I'm doing

Also ps4 mods are a thing now but you have to use assets already in game, I'm not a modder so I don't know how that limits them exactly

Oh hey! PS4 mods sound pretty cool, even if they do have to go through an approval process. I'm assuming that those limitations won't be the worst strain on console modding community, I mean, have you seen that kinds of things people that you have no idea existed can do?! It really is amazing!

On 10/8/2016 at 5:10 PM, MoltenKitten said:

People can do a lot with existing assets, but even that's almost nothing compared to what custom assets provide. Oh well, Sony's loss. Modding on consoles was never going to work without being heavily gimped anyway.