Misscellanio

Bronies/non-bronies/Ex-bronies who just hang around on the Forums to hate on the show

What is your take on them? I was just in one a thread and the guy was complaining about some stuff and later on says how he wants the show to crash and burn.

In my opinion they are deplorable.

It's one thing to complain about the show/critique but it's another to literally bitch about what's happening. And to say things like the above. Especially if you post it on a thread or blog so other could share their opinions and then you bitch to them for not agreeing with you. 

So you, what do you guys think of them?

Criticizing and discussing is perfectly fine if you are able to debate or agree to disagree civilly.
If they start spewing hate-speech, and being an overall moron, just ignore them and let them look like the idiot.

But if people are making accounts just to make attacks on the people on the forums or the show, then that is unacceptable.

57 minutes ago, Misscellanio said:

the guy was complaining about some stuff and later on says how he wants the show to crash and burn.

It's one thing to complain about the show/critique but it's another to literally bitch about what's happening.
[...] and then [they] bitch to them for not agreeing with [them].

Something like this? Just ignore them. Block them if you need to, they are just making themselves look stupid if they do stuff like this.

Meh!

There'll always be someone like that no matter where you go or what you do. I don't really like to see that, but when I do I mostly tend to stay away from dudes like that. It just isn't a whole lot that they're really doing, you know?

I think they invest an awful lot of their time, energy, and mental and emotional efforts into something they don't like.

It's weird. I mean, at least work pays me to suffer the parts of my job that I could do without.

Don't feed the trolls, that means they win

Just report them and go along your merry way

Edited by Gragonelite
I needed to add more detail

It seems a lot of people can't just stop watching. They have to actively shit on the show and the fans when they stop.

IF they are hanging around to essential just troll current fans then... don't feed them, or let them get to you.  Or if you know what you're doing... you can troll them back.  Though I don't recommend it if you don't know how to keep your cool.  Trolls feed off negative emotion and half truths and many times infringe on the border of committing libel or verbal assault.  And they definitely put in a lot more time hating something than actually being productive in other areas of their lives.  I almost feel sorry for them... But those are the people that will have to work under me one day! ^_^

Why acknowledge their pointless opinions? People with no life complaining about a show they don't like...makes no sense for them to watch something they don't like, and it makes no sense to care about these sorts of people. Ignore and move on.

That advice applies to both parties.

Now, since I have mentioned the 'p' word, I am obligated to post the following:

pinkie_pie_uses___party_cannon___by_myli

I know who you're talking about and I have blocked them. 8-)

I just don't get it. They're insisting "everyone" is hating on the show, and they're hating on everyone else even those of us who don't hate on the snow, and threatening to cut/hurt themselves if everyone keeps hating on the show, and not listening to or taking to heart a single word of encouragement or advice those of us who were just trying to help.

Yeah, they're just a troll. Don't feed them. Unfortunately they may not have done a bannable offense yet so they may not be banned from the forums, but block them if they're annoying you, and if you'd rather not sho you can watch the drama, just don't feed them!

It takes a special kind of devotion to go to places where people like something just to hate on it. Sadly there are people like that, keep your friends close and your enemies closer or something. 

CGP Gray made a wonderful video on self-fueling arguments which perfectly explains the scenario. Ideally if you see these people just ignore or block them, they aren't worth your time.

• Like 1

Their arguments are usually dumb and arbitrary so I don't take them seriously. I usually talk civilly with someone until they say something genuinely stupid and then I just ignore anything they say from then on.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2016 at 10:31 PM, Misscellanio said:

What is your take on them? I was just in one a thread and the guy was complaining about some stuff and later on says how he wants the show to crash and burn.

In my opinion they are deplorable.

It's one thing to complain about the show/critique but it's another to literally bitch about what's happening. And to say things like the above. Especially if you post it on a thread or blog so other could share their opinions and then you bitch to them for not agreeing with you. 

So you, what do you guys think of them?

People are entitled to an opinion and to do what they do. This said, the phrase, "Don't like? Don't watch/read/whatever!" springs to mind immediately. Any how....haters gonna hate eh?

On 9/30/2016 at 8:01 PM, ABronyAccount said:

I think they invest an awful lot of their time, energy, and mental and emotional efforts into something they don't like.

It's weird. I mean, at least work pays me to suffer the parts of my job that I could do without.

Trolls don't realize that their parasitic nature is unsustainable. They get less energy out of attention than the work they put in to generate it. Eventually, they grow bored and die.

I thrive on pure salt, so I love it. But honestly I find it funny that there are so many people, most of which tend to be grown ass men, who spend so much time grousing about the quality of a show who's demographic isn't even supposed to include them. It's a show for young girls, we're just along for the ride, why get up in arms about it?

1 hour ago, FeignedSincerity said:

I thrive on pure salt, so I love it. But honestly I find it funny that there are so many people, most of which tend to be grown ass men, who spend so much time grousing about the quality of a show who's demographic isn't even supposed to include them. It's a show for young girls, we're just along for the ride, why get up in arms about it?

When you really CARE about something, logic often leaves through the window~