Steamworks

S6 - Episode 22 - Discussion

Where to watch:
(Some of the pages have the episode title in them already. If you can't bear to even know that, you should probably avoid them until it's time for the episode.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/4c13r3/mlpfim_season_6_episode_streams/

(Buckball Season, Viva Las Pegasus, and Every Little Thing She Does are airing as a run up to the new episode.)

DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4vloda_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-622-p-p-o-v-pony-point-of-view_animals

YouTube:

http://newhorse.vman315.com/

Preview trailer here: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/09/preview-for-pony-point-of-view-arrives.html and http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/09/another-teaser-for-pony-point-of-view.html

Note:

With the UK getting the rest of S6 next week, should I go ahead and create discussion threads sans-stream info (unless I can find that info) for the episodes, or should I wait for the US airings to create the topics?

I only saw the first teaser for this episode. Hope it's entertaining at least. Then we get into the closer to finale episodes next week. With UK T.V. airing the rest early. I'd say for those keen to watch it early a thread for the marathon of the upcoming episodes could be made next week as we get closer to the airing episodes over the course of a couple of days, which is starting next week. A single or multiple specific episode threads to contain all the discussion about these upcoming episodes would be considerate to fans who have yet to watch the rest.

Not this week if anyone was getting confused with reading this. 

As for if you should wait for the US release for thread(s). Nah, in my opinion the Internet will be all over the early airing so those people who want to watch it on the regular schedule will be hard pressed already to avoid spoilers. I have been waiting for Season 6 to approach it's conclusion before the 2017 movie. The year 2017 is not far from now. So it will still be a short hiatus for more official pony entertainment if one chooses to watch the rest early. In my humble opinion, this is a worth-it opportunity. That way I do not need to avoid the Internet for weeks, if not a month due to spoilers.

41 minutes ago, StarlightGlimmer said:

Where is the link? Is it on dailymotion? 

The episode just finished airing about 10 minutes ago. Please stand by for the online uploads within the next 1-3 hours.

1 hour ago, Canyon Light said:

The episode just finished airing about 10 minutes ago. Please stand by for the online uploads within the next 1-3 hours.

Found it. It's a rather Mane 6 centered episode so I'd say it is a 4/10 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4vlc6t_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-season-6-episode-22-pony-point-of-view-full-720p-hd_animals

It should also be noted that I usually have work/not pony stuff to do. It's usually evening on the east coast before I'm able to provide DailyMotion/YouTube links in OP. 

I found the episode to be average, was not bad

the biggest thing I dislike about the episode is that we see a same thing multiple times and Monster ex machina without ever discovering what it was for are selves before the big reveal 

everything else was great, my personal favorite being the message of communication whitch they often have a lack of in the show. 

• Like 1

Very meh episode.  Kind of in the vein of "Mare Do Well", "20 Pranks Later", and "MMMystery on the Friendship Express", the ponies had to get hit with the stupid stick prior to the episode in order to make it work.  Episodes where everyone thinks they saw something different have been done in other episodes, but in this one, they just went too far.  the three of them were all idiots.

Asside from the lackluster story, I loved the visuals this episode.  The port town setting, the ship, the costumes.  This episode looked really nice. 

Also appreciated the nod to the comics with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy being off at their Flight Camp Reunion. 

I enjoyed getting these glimpses of how each character sees the other when things get hairy, misunderstandings are had, and emotions run high.

Rarity thinks Applejack was adventure-crazy and Pinkie Pie unwilling to appreciate a more "grown-up" type of leisure cruise.

Pinkie Pie thinks AJ wanted to play pinata... while steering the ship.

Applejack AND Pinkie think Rarity was being high-maintenance and upper-crusty. Probably the least far-fetched. 

The sub-plot about the anti-climactic reveal of their shipwreck survival was great; all that build-up and it turns out to be utterly ridiculous. Also lends a little more meat to the whole "everybody overreacted" issue.

Unlike some, I enjoyed the outta-left-field Tri-horned Bunyip reveal! We've already had a couple of episodes with the whole "solve the mystery" angle, so having something totally wacky and unhinted at was a hilarious way to play with expectations.

A pretty good slice of life episode! Down to earth in the lack of massive magical goings-on, but still over-the-top cartoonishness to keep it lively.

• Like 1

This was a good slice of life episode. I liked seeing Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie doing something together as friends, as they're three very distinct personalities. I think the script did an excellent job of emphasizing those differences. Rarity's take on Applejack's nautical nonsense was fun, and I have to admit I love pirate fisherman Applejack a lot. Pinkie Pie as the ever goofy party pony isn't too different, but both Rarity *and* Applejack make Pinkie seem oblivious to everything around her, and as we've seen in the past, while Pinkie can sometimes miss certain dangerous moments, she would never be so out of character as to let her friends get into such a dangerous situation without trying to help.

Each take was interesting, and gave us insights into how each pony sees their friends. The Roshomon effect (as I learned it's called) can make for an interesting story as long as the characters themselves are interesting, and I think it worked here. Thanks to Twilight's efforts to find commonality in each story, we see that each friend only wanted to heighten the experience for their fellow shipmates, and it backfired, resulting in each pony blaming the other for perceived misdeeds.

On another note, I loved the new creature we get to see (a tri-horned bunyip), I love the new location (I've never seen a pony wharf or harbor before, so this was cool!), and I enjoyed the resolution to the story, with Spike finally catching a break from Twilight. :lol:

All in all, a solid slice-of-life episode, with a good lesson. I laughed a good number of times, and liked the new elements and environs we got to see.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LotusTeaDragon said:

This was a good slice of life episode. I liked seeing Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie doing something together as friends, as they're three very distinct personalities. I think the script did an excellent job of emphasizing those differences. Rarity's take on Applejack's nautical nonsense was fun, and I have to admit I love pirate fisherman Applejack a lot. Pinkie Pie as the ever goofy party pony isn't too different, but both Rarity *and* Applejack make Pinkie seem oblivious to everything around her, and as we've seen in the past, while Pinkie can sometimes miss certain dangerous moments, she would never be so out of character as to let her friends get into such a dangerous situation without trying to help.

Each take was interesting, and gave us insights into how each pony sees their friends. The Roshomon effect (as I learned it's called) can make for an interesting story as long as the characters themselves are interesting, and I think it worked here. Thanks to Twilight's efforts to find commonality in each story, we see that each friend only wanted to heighten the experience for their fellow shipmates, and it backfired, resulting in each pony blaming the other for perceived misdeeds.

On another note, I loved the new creature we get to see (a tri-horned bunyip), I love the new location (I've never seen a pony wharf or harbor before, so this was cool!), and I enjoyed the resolution to the story, with Spike finally catching a break from Twilight. :lol:

All in all, a solid slice-of-life episode, with a good lesson. I laughed a good number of times, and liked the new elements and environs we got to see.

But wasn't that emphasized in almost every other episode?

Later than expected, but the YT/DM links are up.

Twilight is way more excited than usual.

Tea making things better? Are you British, Twi?

Of course Pinkie would send Gummy as the note.

I like Rarity's take on AJ.

Her take on Pinkie seems okay so far.

I like this AJ. She's pretty hardcore.

Rarity doesn't seem to chase fads that hardcore that she'd ditch something after 10 minutes.

Pinkie thinking the map fight was tug of war is pretty great.

"More fun than you can shake a stick at. Because I brought a stick"

Pinkie surprise-pinata-ing AJ doesn't sound too un-Pinkie-like.

The surprise creature cause was nicely unexpected.

I kinda think this would have fit right in back in S1.

On 10/3/2016 at 0:34 AM, LotusTeaDragon said:

Wasn't what emphasized?

How they've bonded I meant, how far they've come as friends as you stated.

On 10/4/2016 at 8:54 PM, Galacter said:

How they've bonded I meant, how far they've come as friends as you stated.

Ah, I see. Yeah, it was, but I'm fine with that. For me, affirmations of their friendship often make for good slice of life episodes. They happen to be my favorite episodes. :)

8 minutes ago, LotusTeaDragon said:

Ah, I see. Yeah, it was, but I'm fine with that. For me, affirmations of their friendship often make for good slice of life episodes. They happen to be my favorite episodes. :)

The one's representing the background characters a little more does it for me. :D

• Like 1