Dream Nation

Dream's art thread of DOOM

325224__safe_fluttershy_insane_laughing_

AKA Dream Nation's place to shamelessly show off her art. :awesomecheer:

I do have a deviantart under the handle "Tastes-Like-Fry", and I will initially post pony things that are already there, but when that art runs out I will make more, and at that point I will be happy to take requests for OC vectors (BUT NOT RIGHT NOW - I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I KNOW). You may notice that my art has "TLF" logos on it, but when I get to making OC requests it will have a Dream Nation themed logo.

FYI; TLF/Tastes-Like-Fry username was inspired by a deleted scene from Futurama's "The Sting" Where Leela kisses Fry and then smacks her lips and says "Ooh, and you're honey glazed" ... it was a messed up episode and I freaking love it.

I mostly do vectors, but I've done some drawing in flash, gimp and photoshop as well. I now have access to the Creative Cloud suite from Adobe (I love being a multimedia student), so if anyone knows the Adobe programs and has some hints for me on how I can improve on areas, it would be great as I'm still learning the programs.

I am a whore for comments, whether they be constructive criticism, simple feedback, conversations or simply "me likey". One thing I ask you not to post is your own art (unless it's an appropriate reaction image), you can certainly post a link and ask me to look at it and comment on it (which, if it's in Deviant Art, I will comment as "Tastes-Like-Fry")

TLDR;

I'mma post my pone art.

"TLF" is olde username, but also me.

I will do OCs latter, but not now 'k?

Talk to me I'm lonely

My art only. But link me and I will look at yours.

(Quick question from the newbie that is me (will be deleted once answered) : Does my PMVs count as art also? I only just started making them, and even though there's a separate subforum for videos, I'd like to keep it all in one manageable thread if I can. - Is it appropriate for me to post them here also?)

Now that that's out of the way. Onward to art!

I'mma start with my favourite one.

what_s_ridiculous__your_face__by_tastes_

Das me with Andrea Libman. :awesomedash: Got her to pull a silly face :approve:

• Like 1

((WARNING: ART DUMP))

Shout out to all the firsts art I ever did of pony.

First humanized (this was before Equestria Girls happened)

suddenly_pinkie_pie_by_tastes_like_fry-d

((The thing I am most proud of in that picture is Pinkie's hand. Best hand I've ever drawn))

First attempt at Pony:

derpy_by_tastes_like_fry-d5uno7e.png

((I just died a little inside, I can see all the mistakes, I think I need to redraw this))

First meme:

berry_purrnch_effect_by_tastes_like_fry-

((Berry Punch is best background pony))

• Like 1

On 10/5/2016 at 1:19 PM, ABronyAccount said:

She does have that effect on the mares...

Yes she does.

Here, have some more alcohol pony:

berry_punch_by_tastes_like_fry-d66qcq2.p

Also Twilight, cause Lesson Zero has best meme faces.

crazy_quote_ponies__1_by_tastes_like_fry

Also Ponk, demonstrating how I would respond if someone asks me a math question.

crazy_quote_ponies__2_by_tastes_like_fry

3 hours ago, Lee Roy said:

this is cool!

I wish I could draw :/

I can't draw ponies, I just trace them.

320?cb=20150413165243

But if you're referring to the actual drawing of the hoomans, there's at minimum of two drafts per picture I do. And the first draft always looks something like this:

bonbon__what_the_hell___wip_by_tastes_li

And from there you just create a new layer in the program and trace over it to make a cleaner draft (and then erase the old one). And then repeat the process until you're sick of what you've done.

bonbon__what_the_hell__by_tastes_like_fr

Also, I've been doing digital drawing since 2005, I've had so much practise, read so many tutorials (I still struggle with hands and feet) and I've had lessons on how to use the imaging programs - but in reality the best thing to do is just play with them.

(A bit of language in this video - watch at own risk!)

If you want to learn, I suggest you download gimp and either start following some tutorials or just play around, copy some styles you like and in doing so you will find you will gradually develop your own style.

3 hours ago, Lunar Holiday said:

Some nice stuff, here!

And yeah, I think you could post PMV's here! I mean, I'm no expert, but I don't really see why you couldn't!

Needs more alcohol hoarse

Aww, thanks.

Okies. Awesome. Can always remove them.

Always need more  alcohol hoarse

h70375907

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dream Nation said:

Speaking of which.

Or of... witch? :pwease:

Eh, that made more sense in my head with the evil Luna and stuff. Speaking of witchwhich, I love pieces like that that take something and put a minimalist, starkly-contrasted style on it.

2 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

Or of... witch? :pwease:

Eh, that made more sense in my head with the evil Luna and stuff. Speaking of witchwhich, I love pieces like that that take something and put a minimalist, starkly-contrasted style on it.

I see what you did there. :awesomecheer:

Thank you <3

Yeah, I should do more minimalist stuff, but I also feel it's a lazy way out. ><

Speaking of being lazy, you know you can edit your own art and post it again under a different theme and call it new.

pinkie_pie_s_happiness__pinkemena_s_deprmigh_y_helpful__migh_y_stubborn_by_taste sheer_awesome__sheer_panic_by_tastes_lik 

perfect_organisation__perfection_obsessifashionable_beauty__fashion_disaster_by_ fluttershy__flutterrage__by_tastes_like_

colour_me_pink_by_tastes_like_fry-d6gpbs colour_me_rainbow_by_tastes_like_fry-d6g colour_me_yellow_by_tastes_like_fry-d6gz

colour_me_orange_by_tastes_like_fry-d6jq colour_me_blue_by_tastes_like_fry-d6miqk colour_me_purple_by_tastes_like_fry-d6i7

Gummy earrings should be a thing.

Bonus Sparity:

sparity_by_tastes_like_fry-d660fn8.png

On 10/16/2016 at 11:31 AM, ABronyAccount said:

Spike is a stud!
Or was it the other way around?

mlp-spike-dancing-gif-7107-7435-hd-wallp

This was the first attempt at semi-realism. It's not quite right, (if you look at the scootaloo one I posted before, I'm getting better with practise)

Spitfire, Rainbow Dash and Daring Do. This was a over for a fanfic I was writing, but it got so down voted I didn't feel the need to continue. :(

set_fire_to_the_rainbow___cover_image_by

Bonus Bacon:

sunset_shimmer__sweet__by_tastes_like_fr

Just want to put a language warning here - it's a starbomb song and I couldn't be bothered to put in censoring "yay"s or "buy some apples" so some swears are just there ><