Steamworks

What Makes You Cringe In TF2?

I got a guy on my friends list who has never heard of scrap.tf or backpack.tf or any trading site.

He commonly asks for unique weapons, which is better than him asking for my stranges which he used to do. 

Upside: He over pays, he payed me a strange tribalmans and a unique amby for a blackbox last time, and once gave me a vintage ubersaw for something.

Downside: I feel kinda bad that I'm just going along with it.

Edited by Badshot

Bad engies. The reason I hate bad engies is because they are what give the class all its bad stereotypes. There are tons of ways to play the class but all people get to see are the engies build level 3's on last in CP.

Bad engies. The reason I hate bad engies is because they are what give the class all its bad stereotypes. There are tons of ways to play the class but all people get to see are the engies build level 3's on last in CP.

Engie is a bad class

• Like 1

I only play engineer because no one wants to play it so I want to feel useful.  That and I don't care to get good at an actual legit class.

Friendlies make me cringe in tf2.

Edited by "User"
  • Like 1

I only play engineer because no one wants to play it so I want to feel useful.  That and I don't care to get good at an actual legit class.

Friendlies make me cringe in tf2.

Friendlies are not friendly.

• Like 1

I got a contract for snowplow, not normally a problem.

Except the fact that TF2 currently hates me for some reason.

Here's the deal, I play on a snowplow map on a valve server perfectly fine no problems. Map changes so I exit and join a new server.

This this happens

"Your map cp_snowplow.bsp differs from the server." And I'm disconnected.

I was just on Snowplow...

After toying with it a bit to no avail (joining multiple servers) I quit and go play some WoW, I try again and it works again, I joined a server that had 5 minutes left, changed map and I exited again.

Then it gives me the same message on a different server, so I know it wasn't because Snowplow just updated and the servers didn't have them yet.

This really bugs me because I want to finish this damn contract.

A short list of Cringe-worthy things (In my opinion).

-F2P. Literally, these are the most annoying types of players to me. They run around being a general nuance in-game, not knowing the first thing of what to do. Yeah, I get it they're new and so was I at some point. But I think there are some cases where people should watch some YouTube videos about the gameplay before diving in.

-Phlog Pyros. By far, the Phlog is the most broken, easy to use weapon primary for Pyro. All you do is run around, build up your bar, and bam! Free crits for you. It's even worse when a F2P Pyro uses the Phlog and thinks they're God reincarnate. The chat messages I've seen of 9-year old kids trying their best to trash talk a team of TF2 veterans are cringe worthy in of themselves.

-People who need to use hacks like AimBot to play the game. Seriously? You're going to cheat you lazy son of a bitch? Mother fucker this is a game of skill and reflexes, not a game of sit back and let a bot take care of your game for you. I can't tell you how many time's I've been a Spy, disguised, getting ready to backstab a Sniper, and they pull a 180 degree turn and no-scope me at point-blank range. You didn't even see me coming. How did you- Oh, I know. HACKS and CHEATS.

1.I'm gonna have to go with Hackers who love to cheat.

2.People who complain about others play styles and what weapons they use. That kind of customization is allowed for a reason and it's not for players to bitch about.

3.People who complain about F2P players just because they are late to the party and ain't as good. That's what comp servers are for if it bugs you that much.

4.People who think strange,Unusual,and other "rare" items are worth a crap and make you different or special in someway.They are the same as normal items besides text color and price.(i know i have a couple stranges and what not but those are just gifts. I don't give away gifts. If they weren't they would be gone.)

5.People who collect items and show them off. I hate players that do this. It's greedy and selfish. If you have all that time to collect crap to gather dust,share it with friends of yours and help them out.

Edited by Steel Crescent
Forgot a reason.

Named Uniques...

Named and Described Professional Killstreak Uniques

5.People who collect items and show them off. I hate players that do this. It's greedy and selfish. If you have all that time to collect crap to gather dust,share it with friends of yours and help them out.

Try telling that to the people with the Strange Kritzkrieg I've been wanting, several people I know have them and never use them.

With the whole strange/unusual/etc. stuff, only one answer to that. Vanity.

People. Love. Vanity

Crates. All I've got since Valve added them has been 75% crates. I bought the game at least a year before it went F2P! I don't deserve this treatment!

Oh, and whenever I get an item for a class I don't play.

Noobs who complain about the Phlog. Not OP, especially when everyone is out to murder you for using it.

Huo-Long Heater, my god does this mini have the worst upside, you lose a lot of ammo for some fire damage.

The goddamned Homewrecker, not only does this destroy sappers in one swing, it pretty much makes it so the engineer being assisted doesn't have to worry about his building being sapped. This leads to more stalemates because pub medics are unreliable/non-existent.

The Natasha... it's just bad, even with    the damage resistance. They also removed the +100 more bullets,so now you'll be needing a lot more ammo considering how weak this Minigun is...

Any medic that only uses one Medigun.

Pyros that don't extinguish players.

Anyone who steals my medkit when I'm low on Medic.

Stupid Engineers who place their buildings right next to yours.